Bull Bar Doesn't Work on Deer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bull Bar Doesn't Work on Deer!

So my week started Monday morning hitting a button buck. The little fella chased a doe across the road. The doe was a close call as it was, as soon as she popped out, I knew I was gonna hit whatever was behind her. Sure enough, there he was. Brakes and horn did me no good, we were gonna meet. He was headed back the other way as fast a he came courtesy of my bumper. Fortunately the car behind me did not hit me, nobody was hurt, and the deer died instantly without suffering.

All said and done about $3400 worth of damage! Bumper was pushed back in such a way that I could turn left, but not right. Fortunately my hood was somehow not damaged!!! Body shop says I should have it back Friday after Christmas. I will post up some pics after I get it back.

Last edited by Remingtonry; 12-20-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

I think I'm going to be sick...

The plus side is that no people got hurt and your ridiculously sick, awesome, amazing, and super groovy hood is OK.

Last edited by DewserB; 12-20-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Ouch I hate seeing such a pretty truck banged up like that. I had a close call on a narrow backroad a few weeks ago when a doe jumped out so close that there was no stopping and I hit her with my brush guard, but luckily I was only going about 20mph and there was no damage.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by atr04screw
Ouch I hate seeing such a pretty truck banged up like that. I had a close call on a narrow backroad a few weeks ago when a doe jumped out so close that there was no stopping and I hit her with my brush guard, but luckily I was only going about 20mph and there was no damage.
How about to the dog?

Old 12-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Dewser, ya know, they do make pretty much the same hood for the new body style...just sayin!

Atr, glad you and your truck came out without blemish! I had cruise on at 50. I was on the brake pretty hard but it was so fast, I'm not sure what impact speed would have been. If I had to guess, I would say 40-45.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Did you keep the deer? At least some benefit of him running into your truck....

Last edited by Elk_Slayer; 12-20-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Elk_Slayer
Did you keep the deer? At least some benefit of him running into your truck....
X2 here. That's 50+ pounds of meat you don't have to buy for the Holidays. That much saved toward the deductible!

Last edited by MRLSU2U; 12-20-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Double post...

Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I didn't keep the deer, I was on my way to work and the meat would have spoiled. Funny story though...
I had just got off the phone with the police, 2-3 min since I had hit the deer. A yellow hand-painted van pulls up behind me and I see the people are getting out. I thought they were checking on me so I got out. The man and his wife/gf didn't even look at me, the began to drag the deer to their van! I asked that they leave it there until the officer arrived. The man said to me "oh, did you want it?" I told him no and that he was welcome to it but he had to get a tag from the officer. The woman began screaming at me, telling me that it was their right to take the deer and they didn't have to wait for the cops. She then told me to go "f" myself. I am not proud of what I said after that, anger had taken over. In a nutshell, I told her that I was surprised that with her lack of teeth she was even able to eat meat. Then I said that they probably look for road kill so its nice and mushed up for her. I also asked that they get jobs to pay for their meat like the rest of us because I had to work that day to pay for the damage as opposed to working that day for their income. I was already mad at the situation and the woman put me right over the edge. I don't know their situation, I let anger take over. They did leave and without the deer, I saw on my way home it was gone.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by Remingtonry
Dewser, ya know, they do make pretty much the same hood for the new body style...just sayin!
Get thee behind me, Satan!

Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Remingtonry
I didn't keep the deer, I was on my way to work and the meat would have spoiled. Funny story though...
I had just got off the phone with the police, 2-3 min since I had hit the deer. A yellow hand-painted van pulls up behind me and I see the people are getting out. I thought they were checking on me so I got out. The man and his wife/gf didn't even look at me, the began to drag the deer to their van! I asked that they leave it there until the officer arrived. The man said to me "oh, did you want it?" I told him no and that he was welcome to it but he had to get a tag from the officer. The woman began screaming at me, telling me that it was their right to take the deer and they didn't have to wait for the cops. She then told me to go "f" myself. I am not proud of what I said after that, anger had taken over. In a nutshell, I told her that I was surprised that with her lack of teeth she was even able to eat meat. Then I said that they probably look for road kill so its nice and mushed up for her. I also asked that they get jobs to pay for their meat like the rest of us because I had to work that day to pay for the damage as opposed to working that day for their income. I was already mad at the situation and the woman put me right over the edge. I don't know their situation, I let anger take over. They did leave and without the deer, I saw on my way home it was gone.
That right there is some good sig material!

Sorry to hear about the truck, hope it all works out for you.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jgger
That right there is some good sig material!

Kind of disgusting in a way. Seeing that nice truck damaged of course, and then there's Miss Mash Potato Surprise.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That sux....glad to hear you're ok...

Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Looks like he hit the corner, did your bull bar get messed up or pushed back at all or jut the corner of the number?

Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by DewserB
Get thee behind me, Satan!
Lol!

Quick Reply: Bull Bar Doesn't Work on Deer!