Bull Bar Doesn't Work on Deer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for the good wishes! It doesn't look like the bull bar was damaged, the deer's neck would have been over it at impact. I think it moved a little due to the impact and just has to be adjusted. If the shop determines it was damaged, it is covered in my policy. I have progressive, they include $1000 in custom parts coverage, and to bump it up to $3k was just a few dollars more per mo. They have been surprisingly pleasant and helpful throughout the process so far, definitely exceeded my expectations.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Shoot, I woulda called in late, get another ride, and get that meat home!

Adrianspeeder

Old 12-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Shoot, I woulda called in late, get another ride, and get that meat home!

Adrianspeeder
Lol, hindsight is always 20/20!!! Never even crossed my mind.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You needed that bigger one that protects the headlights lol.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Remingtonry
Thanks guys for the good wishes! It doesn't look like the bull bar was damaged, the deer's neck would have been over it at impact. I think it moved a little due to the impact and just has to be adjusted. If the shop determines it was damaged, it is covered in my policy. I have progressive, they include $1000 in custom parts coverage, and to bump it up to $3k was just a few dollars more per mo. They have been surprisingly pleasant and helpful throughout the process so far, definitely exceeded my expectations.
X2 with progressive

Old 12-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Time for upgrades!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Got the truck back this morning!!! Everything looks great from what I can see. I was dressed for work so I couldn't really crawl under it. The body shop gave it a real nice wash and wax, they even returned my 3 year old camo floor mats to like new color and condition. Between them and the insurance company, they really made this the best experience it could have been.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:47 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Sounds like they done ye a good job, bud! Let's see some pics! What did they replace your aftermarket grill with?

Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by DewserB
Sounds like they done ye a good job, bud! Let's see some pics! What did they replace your aftermarket grill with?
They sure did! I will try to get some pics up this weekend. They were able to find the same grille...I told them it was okay if they didn't find the same grille and that they could just throw a Harley grille on instead. No such luck, lol.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:23 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I recon if the truck had a bullbar installed it would've helped

Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 PM
I was out taking photos this afternoon and remembered I hadn't taken a pic of the truck for the thread yet, so here ya go! Good as new again

Old 01-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
I recon if the truck had a bullbar installed it would've helped
The bull bar was installed at the time, deer didn't quite make it to the center of my truck, the left corner of my bumper took on most of the impact. A few folks have said that I should put a brush guard on instead, but I am fairly sure that if I had a brush guard on when I hit the deer, my hood would have been toast. If memory serves, Mossyoak30.06 has that bumper that would stop a train, I may need to invest in one of those

Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
that lil' thing you have installed I wouldn't call a "bull bar" regardless of what the manufacture calls it, it's pretty much usless as your truck proved...

Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
that lil' thing you have installed I wouldn't call a "bull bar" regardless of what the manufacture calls it, it's pretty much usless as your truck proved...
Not sure who crapped in your cereal this morning, but it certainly was not I, so I'm not real sure why you're tryin' to crap in mine?

How many pairs of your "tennis shoes" do you actually play tennis in? I did not install the "lil" thing / bull bar / who cares what its called for anything other than looks. Had the deer actually made it all the way to the center of my truck I am sure it, as well as my bumper would have been damaged just the same.

I will be cautious with my use of irony in post titles going forward, as this one clearly confuses you.

I'm sure you don't need it and do not care, but from the start, I have had a good deal of respect for you. If I am getting you wrong here, my apologies, however after re-reading several times I see nothing but needless disrespect in your words. You don't like my truck or what I put on it, that's great because I'm not doing this for you sir.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Eh...that's just good ol' TJ being good ol' TJ. He's a bit of an arsehole from time-to-time. (not saying anything he doesn't already know )

Maybe he'll be in a better mood now that he's back in the States.

Anywho, I'm glad they got your truck fixed, bud! Looks exactly like it did before to me, too. Did they end up finding the same grill you had on there before? Looks just like it!

Glad you got her back, bud!

Quick Reply: Bull Bar Doesn't Work on Deer!