No More "Mr. Nice Guy"!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome.
I watched my Dad go from 225 down to 170 when he gave up alcohol and started living healthier. Couldn't even recognize him.

You gotta be feeling good. Do you have an ideal weight you are shooting for? How is life without all the sweets? I have a bad nack for sweets and worry someday It will catch up to me. For now I am young and my metabolism keeps me in shape but at 32, I gotta start thinking about the next 10 years. Those are the crucial ones eh

Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Thanks Toyz.

I am feeling AWESOME! I feel this "clean" energy empowering me all day long. This feeling that I once again can has allowed me to become more productive. I'm no longer missing out on all the amazing opportunities to create and build things that makes my life, and the lives of those around me, much, much better.

Cutting sugar and carbs out of my life has not been difficult at all because I set up strict disciplines for myself, such as a set rules, restraints, and guidelines in order to focus more energy towards my goal/s. So, when I said cutting sugar and carbs, I meant completely cutting ALL of it out of my life: bread, rice, pasta, brown rice and brown bread, cakes, tortillas, crackers, pizza, cookies, cakes, chips, pure sugar, soda, sugar drinks, french fries, potatoes and anything that fits that basic profile. Yeah… I know, all the good stuff.

A 5' 6" male's ideal weight is between 140-145. My goal by the end of the year or before is to weight at 139lbs. As soon as the scale reads 139 I will start the second part of my goal. That is to gain between 5-8 pound of pure lean muscle.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Sounds like I'm 15lbs overweight. 5'6" and weigh in at 158.
Your going to be a whole other person (I almost said if) when you reach your goals.
You got the right idea. Get down below the weight your shooting for so you have room to put on a few pounds of muscle.
Keep it up.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by OGTerror

Cutting sugar and carbs out of my life has not been difficult at all because I set up strict disciplines for myself, such as a set rules, restraints, and guidelines in order to focus more energy towards my goal/s. So, when I said cutting sugar and carbs, I meant completely cutting ALL of it out of my life: bread, rice, pasta, brown rice and brown bread, cakes, tortillas, crackers, pizza, cookies, cakes, chips, pure sugar, soda, sugar drinks, french fries, potatoes and anything that fits that basic profile. Yeah… I know, all the good stuff.
That's a lot of discipline! Congratulations!

Old 07-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Looking good Leo. Your approach to this doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm proud of you and how you are attacking the problem. Diane lost her brother last year to diabetes.Sure hope your A1C level is down after all this. Keep up the good work bud.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks fellows; hi Greg long time no see or talk, how are you and yours doing?

Gentlemen, men don't cry, for which reason I was able to contain my tears after receiving the sweet news of success. Yesterday when I went for my sutures removal, my Doctor congratulated me on a job well done. He said that while I was in the hospital he did an A1C level blood test on me. The picture down below is proof that "Hard work pays off", a cliché statement that needs no further explaining. It is also one that has followed throughout my quest for survival; even when I was at my lowest, I have somehow managed to pull myself through.

I need not to ***** my fingers any longer and whatever is it that I'm doing to keep doing it cause it WORKS for me, he informed me. I feel darn GREAT, ecstatic doesn't even begin to describe how happy if feel gentlemen.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Go ahead and cry your *** off OG. You have earned it!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:39 PM
That's awesome news Leo. It's good to know your hard work is paying off.
Diane and I are both doing good. How's Carole?

Old 07-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks jgger, thanks Greg, Carole is doing supper good too, I have inspired her to shed some pounds she said, so she's been walking 4 miles everyday.

Well gentle yesterday I started having some fun once again, had a nice ride. I woke up alive at 3:30 AM this morning so I'm getting ready to gear up and hit the trails by 5:00 AM. I'm at 175lbs now I still need to shed another 40lbs. In my previous post I said I'll be trimming down to 139 but I think 135 will be a good base to start rebuilding/restructuring my body.

See you guys later.

Last edited by OGTerror; 07-15-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Got an update for us? Glad to hear Carole is doing well and getting out too.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Well Greg, other than having too much fun accomplishing the goals I set forth, I'm beginning to feel........

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts.......

And I'm too sexy for your body
Too sexy for your body........
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

I have now inspired one of my workers to loose his belly, he started riding with me yesterday.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:32 PM
That's funny. You look great bud.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow Leo, you're made some serious strides, people try their entire life to accomplish what you've done so far. Way to go!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Way to go OGT. I let my diabetes go and it almost cost me my life. Back in 07 I wound up with a perforated ulcer and emergency surgery. Wife was told to get ready to bury me. Well of course I'm still going and have been on an uphill battle ever since. I look back and tell myself I should have done what you did. You have saved yourself countless pain and problems. My comeback trail was like that of a devistating auto crash victim without any broken bones. I still have my problems but am in the garage as much as I can. I have a workout weight station in the basement but spending hours on my truck is a lot harder. Glad you are doing ok.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking Good!

I need to get back to the gym and drop a few pounds.

Quick Reply: No More "Mr. Nice Guy"!