The Moon........

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Moon........

This might sound like a stupid question but its a serious one. The new movie Apollo 18 is coming out soon & its about a trip to the moon that is kept secret. My question is why did we go in the first place? Why have we not returned? If it was just to beat the Russians it seems like a pretty big waste of money!!! The space shuttle has now stopped so are we doing nothing more?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Agent47
...My question is why did we go in the first place? Why have we not returned??
"we" never went in the first place. and by "we" i mean the US. it was all a crock of **** just to prove that the US was smarter then the russians.

ever wonder y its been 42 years and weve never gone again. were alot more sophisticated then were were back in '69 and we cant go?

If it was just to beat the Russians it seems like a pretty big waste of money!!!
ya it was pretty much just to beat the russians, US was racing russia for the superpower title.

and thats just my opinion, ive seen some of the conspiracy videos about the "flight" and ive formed my opinon on it. im sure some of you fully agree with me on it and some of you will b die hard believers that armstrong walked on the moon. to each his own. i mean no disrespect.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by 02SC4x4
..."we" never went in the first place. and by "we" i mean the US. it was all a crock of **** just to prove that the US was smarter then the russians...

... ive seen some of the conspiracy videos about the "flight" and ive formed my opinon on it. im sure some of you fully agree with me on it andsome of you will b die hard believers that armstrong walked on the moon. to each his own. i mean no disrespect....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

<sigh> Really? It's a good thing you're from Canada and don't really count.

I guess the moon-rocks they brought back were fake too right? Or maybe all of the literally thousands of scientists that have studied those rocks since then are part of the cover-up?

Why did they 'fake' eight more landings after the first one?

Was the whole Apollo 13 fiasco just something NASA thought would bring some good PR?

I guess these photos taken with the LRO telescope are altered to match the old 'faked' landings.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ap...ted/index.html

That's almost up there with people who don't believe in evolution. I'm embarrassed for anyone who can hold these kinds of beliefs.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 08-30-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
<sigh> Really? It's a good thing you're from Canada and don't really count.

I guess the moon-rocks they brought back were fake too right? Or maybe all of the literally thousands of scientists that have studied those rocks since then are part of the cover-up?

Why did they 'fake' eight more landings after the first one?

Was the whole Apollo 13 fiasco just something NASA thought would bring some good PR?

I guess these photos taken with the LRO telescope are altered to match the old 'faked' landings.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ap...ted/index.html

That's almost up there with people who don't believe in evolution. I'm embarrassed for anyone who can hold these kinds of beliefs.

- NCSU
My first thought. But they fooled us didn't they

Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Might do a search for Buzz Aldrin, astronaut. According to him, when they went to the moon, as they landed there were other ships watching the event. Also he has stated that "others" came to look at their equipment but never stated what "others" looked like or ever offered any kind of description. Supposedly, he was instructed by these "others" to tell earth that there was a mining operation in progress on the other side of the moon, which remains on the dark side to us. The "others" sent a warning that the moon and it's minerals belong to them and not to come back. We haven't been back since.

I remember hearing this from a woman's uncle that I was dating at the time ( the woman, not the uncle). He worked at NASA Houston when this flight was taking place and was one of the flight engineers. Like everybody else, it doesn't seem likely but the man obviously saw something. It's safe now so you can remove yer tin hat.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 PM
We went to the moon so that they would have a reason to promote Tang.

Seriously, Kennedy said we would, and at that time it actually was important to follow through on things we said, as well as assert our technological dominance before the world.

Besides, we accomplished a lot more than proving to the world we could beat the Commies. The technologies NASA and its contractors refined as part of the space race turned out to have lots of military and civilian applications that bettered our lives, improved our economy and strengthened our national security.

Last edited by dirt bike dave; 08-30-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 PM
yup, all the astronauts, all Nasa personnell, all the TV crews and all the tracking stations all over the world were faking it and not one person out of thousands has come forward to inform American and the world of the hoax.

Not to mention all the construction crews that would have been used to create the sets and the development of the Lunar Landing Craft and the Lunar Suits.

Columbus really didn't sail to the America's either. Propaganda.

The Russians never developed Lunar Rover's which landed shortly after our first moon mission, too. Communist Propaganda.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
that movies gonna blow...and who doesnt like to explore...id go to the moon any day

Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 PM
There are no satellites in orbit either. It's all fake, We can't do anything that technologically advanced:o

Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 PM
haha.. honestly i have no idea if its real or fake the landing..
but.
i did see a show were they faked a landing and looked identical.
but..
they could of..
But...
i wasnt alive since im only 21.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 02SC4x4
"we" never went in the first place. and by "we" i mean the US. it was all a crock of **** just to prove that the US was smarter then the russians.

ever wonder y its been 42 years and weve never gone again. were alot more sophisticated then were were back in '69 and we cant go?

ya it was pretty much just to beat the russians, US was racing russia for the superpower title.

and thats just my opinion, ive seen some of the conspiracy videos about the "flight" and ive formed my opinon on it. im sure some of you fully agree with me on it and some of you will b die hard believers that armstrong walked on the moon. to each his own. i mean no disrespect.
Wow. I guess the retroreflector that was placed on the moon in Apollo 15 that reflects light shined from a high-powered laser must be fake too. http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LR...lo15-LRRR.html

Have you even done any research on the subject? There are literally thousands of document proving those conspiracies false.

This might sound like a stupid question but its a serious one. The new movie Apollo 18 is coming out soon & its about a trip to the moon that is kept secret. My question is why did we go in the first place? Why have we not returned? If it was just to beat the Russians it seems like a pretty big waste of money!!! The space shuttle has now stopped so are we doing nothing more?
It was the age of exploration. Kennedy challenged the country to keep pushing the bounds of technology. Yes it was a race against the russians, but in that race, the whole world flourished from its outcome. However, it comes with a price. A total of $6.5 billion was appropriated for the Saturn V rocket (also the second loudest man-made object in history. It is also the heaviest, at just under 7 million pounds). One of the main reasons for the cancellation of the Apollo program was the cost. In 1966, NASA received its biggest budget of $4 billion, about 0.5 percent of the GDP of the United States at that time. The cost of a Saturn V including launch was around $1.1 billion. That is something we don't have right now. Not to mention we've just about gotten everything we need from the moon. It doesn't have anything to offer. While more expensive, Mars offers more opportunities to explore. But I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Last edited by Raptor05121; 08-30-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 PM
have we been to moon since?

Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh, and salmonella is not real either. The FDA made it up to scare us. They thought it was funny.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Codysanborn23
have we been to moon since?
The last man to step on the moon was Gene Cernan on Dec 13, 1972.