ANy Nitro Rc Car owners around?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A couple of sharp lookin paint jobs in this thread.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BeauFlex
Does anyone here have a Baja? I was watching some guys run them at a little circle track we have over here. They looked pretty hard to control.

You mean like this 1/5th scale baby I got..

This beast weighs about 30lbs and has a 26cc chain saw motor on it. . I upgraded the radio system with a Futaba 2.4ghz Fasst system with built in failsafe.. I also added a remote kill switch so if I get into trouble I can kill the motor from the remote...

I've had my share of electric and nitro cars and trucks, now it was time for something bigger. And let me tell you, this truck is so easy to control....

Also it's awesome that you got a nitro truck for a first toy but I would have gotten an electric one first, to learn the in's and outs and then got a nitro in a couple months...

Just a little word of advise if I may......... If your running your car and even if you SUSPECT interference bring the car back and shut the motor down.... Figure out what is causing the problem BEFORE you run the car or truck again... This will save you a lot of money... I'm just saying that because you have gotten very lucky to not have wrecked your toy.... I had a run away that smashed a curb WOT at 50mph... Let's just say I needed a shovel to pick up all the pieces....... JMO

James

Old 02-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Still waiting on my 2.4 remote. Been sitting in Dallas (250 miles away) since monday. I hate UPS

Old 02-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by JForestZ34
You mean like this 1/5th scale baby I got..
That's a badass Baja.....the only thing I see wrong with it, is it's way tooooo clean.

Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Still waiting on my 2.4 remote. Been sitting in Dallas (250 miles away) since monday. I hate UPS
Bummer dude.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
looks like its gonna warm up this weekend. Might be time to head down to the hobby shop and pick up some fuel. Ive been itchin to run the slayer since this thread was started.

I really want to get a rock crawler. They are kind of expensive though. I bought a wheelie king and bought the conversion kit for it. Jb welded the front and rear diffs. It was ok but i keep losing the pins in the drive shafts and the frame isnt holding up to the mods ive done.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Budha05STX
That's a badass Baja.....the only thing I see wrong with it, is it's way tooooo clean.

Bummer dude.

That was when I took it right outta the box.. It's dirty now and I've put about $1000 of upgrade parts into it.. I used to run 1/8th and 1/10th scale and those parts can get expensive... But when I went up to 1/5th scale the difference in price for parts went up 100x... LOL.. a clutch for a t-maxx say is $20.. A clutch for this is $70.. I try to take it easy on it so as I don't break stuff.. But everytime I fire this thing up I have a crowd that seems to come out of nowhere....

James

Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Finally got the 2.4 controller and it works perfect. I tuned it a little and she hauls A$$ . Not really done much with it then run it around the yard. Thanks for all the help guys

Old 02-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Finally got the 2.4 controller and it works perfect. I tuned it a little and she hauls A$$ . Not really done much with it then run it around the yard. Thanks for all the help guys
Now build a ramp and do some jumps and flips

Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by BeauFlex
Now build a ramp and do some jumps and flips
haha i put my car ramps i use for oil changes togather and started to jump it and right when i got to the ramp it ran out of gas. I was thinking it was a sign so i didnt try it

Old 02-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Go for it. Once you get it down its fun. Just dont learn to do it on cement. There isnt much room for error there. Once I got back flips down I think I ran 3 or for tanks just hittin the ramp and doin back flips over the ditch.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I ordered the buggy and its not made for the land that i have.To many rocks and crap knocking parts off. So decided to get this one. Found a full service hobby shop near lubbock and ordered it from him and he will break it in and tune it for me. So we will see how this one goes

4X4 truck incorporates a front and rear sealed differential, composite disc brakes, sealed 2 speed transmission and a nitro fueled 3.5 cc .21 SH big block engine that delivers massive acceleration. Huge block tread soft compound RC off road tires, oil filled big bore shocks and a durable 2.5 mm aluminum chassis make the Earthquake 3.5 the perfect 1/8 scale truck at a very competitive price.

Now with DSM-2C 2.4GHz Remote Control.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:00 PM
You will have alot more fun with that! You can run monster trucks most anywhere. I may have to go break out the Revo 3.3 soon!

Old 03-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I ordered the buggy and its not made for the land that i have.To many rocks and crap knocking parts off. So decided to get this one. Found a full service hobby shop near lubbock and ordered it from him and he will break it in and tune it for me. So we will see how this one goes

4X4 truck incorporates a front and rear sealed differential, composite disc brakes, sealed 2 speed transmission and a nitro fueled 3.5 cc .21 SH big block engine that delivers massive acceleration. Huge block tread soft compound RC off road tires, oil filled big bore shocks and a durable 2.5 mm aluminum chassis make the Earthquake 3.5 the perfect 1/8 scale truck at a very competitive price.

Now with DSM-2C 2.4GHz Remote Control.
You get this in yet?

For the buggy, it seems like you have some property, you should have moved some dirt around and made you a small track.

Quick Reply: ANy Nitro Rc Car owners around?