MLB Player's Controversial Obama Comments

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MLB Player's Controversial Obama Comments

"[Obama] was not born here," Scott asserted to Answer Man in the session's last segment. "That's my belief. I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go — within 10 minutes — to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, 'See? Look! Here it is. Here it is.' The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything."
There is more further down in the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-292970

Old 12-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Ha, yea I saw that on our local news last night. Good stuff.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Sounds accurate to me...

Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Sounds like a stereotypically ignorant athlete...

Old 12-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with everything he made comments about in that interview. Minus the part about Obama's birth, because I personally can't prove it, so I can't agree.

Shosty, just because an athlete isn't afraid to speak his mind to the media doesn't make him a stereotypical ignorant person. He is speaking from his heart, what he himself truley believes in.

It just really p!sses me off when people like you just say "There goes another ______ blank shooting off his mouth again..." He isn't shooting off his mouth. I honestly wish more people would speak up like he has done.

If you voiced your mind and opinion on a subject, and somebody looked at you and said "Sounds like a typical (insert profession or whatever here)" You would probably rebut.

And one last thing, you call him a stereotypical athlete, but yet you are stereotyping yourself. Just keep that in mind...

/rant

Old 12-09-2010, 01:54 PM
So you're saying we shouldnt over generalize ppl based on what they say?...

Originally Posted by dirtyd88
Welcome to the age of idiot pop culture, drugs, and Obama....
hmm...

Old 12-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I made no stereotypical comment there. All I stated was it was the "age of Obama", which it is because he is currently our president...or am I mistaken?

Old 12-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really didn't see anything controversial in his remarks. And the picture of that 'birth certificate' at the bottom of the page does not have a Dr.'s signature.

What is interesting is Obama's own grandmother says he was born in Kenya. Interesting indeed.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Green_98
Sounds accurate to me...
^ What he said.

I am suprised nobody has called Scott a racist yet

Old 12-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by dirtyd88
I agree with everything he made comments about in that interview. Minus the part about Obama's birth, because I personally can't prove it, so I can't agree.

Shosty, just because an athlete isn't afraid to speak his mind to the media doesn't make him a stereotypical ignorant person. He is speaking from his heart, what he himself truley believes in.

It just really p!sses me off when people like you just say "There goes another ______ blank shooting off his mouth again..." He isn't shooting off his mouth. I honestly wish more people would speak up like he has done.

If you voiced your mind and opinion on a subject, and somebody looked at you and said "Sounds like a typical (insert profession or whatever here)" You would probably rebut.

And one last thing, you call him a stereotypical athlete, but yet you are stereotyping yourself. Just keep that in mind...

/rant
Wingnuts are such a bunch of hypocrites. Back in 03 when Duh'bya invaded Iraq and people like the Dixie Chicks publicly took issue with it, they were loudly and nastily told "shut the **** up" and stick to making music or movies or whatever. They were boycotted and hounded by Faux News and Oxyboy and the Dittoheads, called traitors and worse. Told to lay off Bush 'cause "he's THE PRESIDENT for crying out loud, show some respect!!". All for simply expressing their opinions like you are advocating for whoever the heck Luke Scott is.

I guess it only works one way for you folks...

regards

Last edited by arrbilly; 12-09-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: because the censoring program here is totally out ot lunch
Old 12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Where is that beating a dead horse smiley when I need it?

If the man were not American, he would not be President. Period.

Let it go- or, at least be truthful...

I think people don't think Santa Claus, or the President of the United States, should be anything other than what it has been historically. Come on, just say it... It'll make you feel better...

I'll help- just say the magic word...

I don't the the President of the United States should be anything other than a ________ man. Or, he should at least have the decency to be a _______ person.

(Same word in both blanks).

--------------------

Folks try to come up with all this BS of why he shouldn't be president, when in reality- he's doing no worse than Bush did, and Bush is the one who put us in all this mess.

I think the real reason is because of his skin color. Even if his name were Author Miller, and folks would still be thinking up BS reasons why he shouldn't be president.

Well, uh- he didn't go to an Ivy League school (He did)... That's why he shouldn't be president.

Well, uh- water doesn't wet his hair like it does mine. That's why he shouldn't be president.

Well, uh- he drinks his coffee with his left hand, rather than his right. That's why he shouldn't be president.

Just tell the truth. I mean, "Liberal" is the new "N" word anyway- at least around here it is. May as well go all the way.

-------------

Note: I will go on record of saying the Democrats (My people) are stupid to block the tax plan. While I agree rich people should be paying more (which I know, is frowned upon around here), I truly believe the Gubment should stop screwing the middle class (me). So, if the only way to save the masses (lower taxes, extended unemployment benefits) is to let a few big fish slip through the net, then let them go... For now.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Where is that beating a dead horse smiley when I need it?

If the man were not American, he would not be President. Period.

Let it go- or, at least be truthful...

I think people don't think Santa Claus, or the President of the United States, should be anything other than what it has been historically. Come on, just say it... It'll make you feel better...

I'll help- just say the magic word...

I don't the the President of the United States should be anything other than a ________ man. Or, he should at least have the decency to be a _______ person.

(Same word in both blanks).

--------------------

Folks try to come up with all this BS of why he shouldn't be president, when in reality- he's doing no worse than Bush did, and Bush is the one who put us in all this mess.

I think the real reason is because of his skin color. Even if his name were Author Miller, and folks would still be thinking up BS reasons why he shouldn't be president.

Well, uh- he didn't go to an Ivy League school (He did)... That's why he shouldn't be president.

Well, uh- water doesn't wet his hair like it does mine. That's why he shouldn't be president.

Well, uh- he drinks his coffee with his left hand, rather than his right. That's why he shouldn't be president.

Just tell the truth. I mean, "Liberal" is the new "N" word anyway- at least around here it is. May as well go all the way.

-------------

Note: I will go on record of saying the Democrats (My people) are stupid to block the tax plan. While I agree rich people should be paying more (which I know, is frowned upon around here), I truly believe the Gubment should stop screwing the middle class (me). So, if the only way to save the masses (lower taxes, extended unemployment benefits) is to let a few big fish slip through the net, then let them go... For now.
It's pretty weak to be playing the race card when it's obvious most Americans do not agree with his policies.

Raising taxes on the rich will only cause higher unemployment. The same thing happens whenever minimum wage is raised (higher unemployment).

Like it or not, the rich employee people, the lower middle class and low-income groups do not.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I figured it wouldn't take too long for someone to play the race card.....

Old 12-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Frank S
It's pretty weak to be playing the race card when it's obvious most Americans do not agree with his policies.

Raising taxes on the rich will only cause higher unemployment. The same thing happens whenever minimum wage is raised (higher unemployment).

Like it or not, the rich employee people, the lower middle class and low-income groups do not.
That's a standard (weak) argument as well.

If a rich man makes $10,000,000.00 a year, and he has to pay 40% income tax. Big deal, he's still netting $6,000,000.00. He's not worried about his light bill, gas bill, water bill, car note, insurance costs, etc..

But, if you're making $50,000.00- and paying 23%- Now you have $38,000 to work with. If they raise your taxes by $2,200 a year (the way it's lining up right now)- that could potentially impact your livelihood. But, if you take another $450,000 from Poindexter making $10,000,000, he's still bringing $5,550,000.00 home. He's not eating sardines & crackers for dinner, that's for sure.

I'm not mad at rich people. I hope to be one, one day. But, I'm just saying, if you've got broader shoulders- you should be carrying a porportionally heavier load. I think that's what the President (who would also be impacted financially by these changes) is trying to do.

Heck, even with the Bush tax cuts, unemployment is at nearly historic levels. With the cuts in place, if rich folks create jobs, why aren't they hiring? It's corporations that hire the most people, but few will believe that.

I guarantee you more people work for Wal-Mart, than work for Larry's Fish & Tackle.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
I figured it wouldn't take too long for someone to play the race card.....
Right- Just like it wasn't long before people start playing around the race card. They should just tell the truth.

The only black President America would love, is Michael Jordan.

Maybe he should run in 2012.

Quick Reply: MLB Player's Controversial Obama Comments