I can't watch the news anymore, I'm done!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't watch the news anymore, I'm done!

What the hell is going on with people? It seems everyday I turn the news on and some children have been abducted, or a baby is missing, or 'father kills kids then himself', or 'baby in critical condition after being hung and then beaten'!!!!!! It seems that once you think you've heard the worst possible scenario of a horrific tragic event, they top it the next day with something even more gruesome! Always with the children too!!! Is this nothing new and the ceo's and the networks feel the need to track down these stories for ratings or what?(rhetorical) Does this type of media coverage spark new physco's looking for fame in a sick twisted way? Was this type of stuff not happening in the 70's? Probably! Did they make it into a circus? Of course they didn't! I understand where the media can play a positive role like broadcasting 'be on the look out' type of stuff' but really, do we have to have hour long shows on it with 'experts" and crap! I swear, I don't think I can watch the news anymore, sticking with the weather channel and Robin Meade, on mute! Sorry.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Its called New America but I feel where your coming from

Old 12-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

That is why internet news is better, you read what you want to and nothing else.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I hear ya! Stuff was going on back when but as mentioned, it's new America and a media circus ensues. You figure, new technology for instance has given would be sexual criminals ALL kinds of fuel to commit crimes. That being the internet etc. Before, these idiots would have to actually work hard at doing this, weeding the hard core from the maybe ones. So much has changed in the 30 years I've been alive where I just shake my head. Between what you hate watching on the news and all these b/s reality shows choking us to death, wtf good is left on TV? The weather channel? This is leading me into ranting about these stupid "reality" show hatred, so I'll stop before getting sidetracked.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the age of idiot pop culture, drugs, and Obama....

Old 12-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by dirtyd88

Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by dirtyd88
eh...this stuff has been happening forever, but like previously stated, it just wasnt shown/hyped like news stations do for ratings now.

Trending Topics

Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Suspended
It's shock media. It's really for ratings, they just want everyone to watch their show. Some how they get attention because they blast you with all the horror stories.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I think reality TV has become viable because it is much easier to do than an actual show every week. All it does is showcase bad behavior and encourage bad behavior as the idiots try to emulate their hero from reality TV. As far as the news goes I think the 24/7 news shows found they really don't have squat to talk about, so they fill their time up with shocking but really irrelevant drivel. There really isn't that much more going on than there was 30, 40, or 50 years ago but instead of having it covered by an hour of national news and a half hour of local stuff we have national news on 24/7.

This is the beginning of Idiocracy.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Suspended
Remember the Anthrax scares?

There's the news at 5pm, for all the family to see:

"MORE SUSPISIOUS WHITE POWDER FOUND IN MAIL! SEAL YOUR WINDOWS AND DOORS! BUY A GAS MASK!"

Next week, they have to change it up so you're still watching, and terrified:

"YOU CAN'T SEAL YOUR HOME ENOUGH TO BE SAFE IN CHEMICAL ATTACK. GOOD LUCK, YOUR GAS MASK ONLY KEEPS YOU SAFE FOR 10 HOURS. (Pictures of kids with gas masks on, showing how to fit them properly). MORE SUSPICIOUS WHITE SUBSTANCE FOUND TO BE TABLE SALT. COMING UP -- DELICIOUS "NOT ANTHRAX, IT'S SALT" FRENCH FRIE RECIPIES. WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! ...More at eleven!"

Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Anthrax scares, that was unreal! People at Ford I worked with thought every bit of dust they saw on something was Anthrax= work refusals and timely investigations. Terrorism is gonna hit the auto industry immediately after 9/11, right guys

Good TV was Dateline's show about online predators. This was informative. I know as gay a show as it is, but CSI a lot of time has up to date scenario's on what types of modern crimes are out there. Pretty sad how retarded the world is getting and the news hypes the b-jesus out of all of it. It actually makes me sick to see people commiting the crimes to have their faces on tv, ala the guy who shot John Lennon 30 yrs ago today ironically enough. I don't want to know his name or even care to search it glorifying what and why he did what he did. God, no wonder people sever ties from the "real" world and go live in the mountains, who can blame them!

Old 12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
I feel the same about the news. I downloaded a bunch of apps and read the paper daily, but now I don't even have a desire.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't been watching the news on TV for a long time. I get what I can find on the enternet. If I here someone mention somwwthing I'll look it up and read the whole story. CNN.com sucks bigtime

Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Well the tv new is set up to first off tell how some government member is pulling a fast one on us, then on too any crime which is most of the new. Then 30'seconds of something good that happen

Old 12-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it bleeds it leads.

It's on the news because the majority of people thrive on the worst acts and incidents our society has to offer.

In the end it all comes down to money

Quick Reply: I can't watch the news anymore, I'm done!