When was Jesus born?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RileyDog
So Christians shouldn't be upset when they hear Happy Holidays, because it isnt actually Jesus' bday and the "War on Christmas" crap is ... crap?
Not at all. Christmas (25th of December) is just a remembrance of His b-day.

And this is what kills me about atheists: Why would they even care if it "bothers" any Christian to hear "Happy Holidays"?

A true atheist (like the one that sends his kids to a Christian private school down the road so his kids can get the best education) really wouldn't care.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a heads up, Jesus says "I stand at the door and knock". You have to decide to let him in your life. He also said "if you have seen me, you have seen the father". He equated himself with God. Before he was crucified he was asked if he was the son of God, his answer "I AM". This term is who God said his name was to Moses on the mountain. It has been written, like has been mentioned, by many many people that Jesus walked the earth. You have to decide if He was crazy for his claims, or was He who he said? Luke was a doctor, and the man responsible for a lot of deaths of christians at the onset was a man called Saul. Saul then became Paul, one of the most dominant forces witnessing that Jesus is the Way, the truth and the Life.
So, does it matter when his birthday is? Not really, he grew up and bridged the gap to be our mediator to the Father.
I do not usually get involved, it is a personal preference/choice we all must decide for ourselves. The proof is really astonishing for those who really want to look. Look at C.S. Lewis. He tried to disprove Jesus claims....what happened? He became a believer. So make up your own mind.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by greencrew
There are some topics which are not my thing, and I don't even read them, much less comment. Something draws you here and motivates you to leave a comment. Is your interest here is in crapping on this thread because you don't like the subject and will not tolerate the rest of us carrying on an intelligent discussion on it?
My interest is that I am tired of seeing the same people posting threads about God or religion fully knowing all they are doing in a round about way is stirring the pot and that all it eventually leads to is bashing religion or trying to make people who believe out to be crazy/idiots or full of crap. Far from an "intelligent discussion." Generally speaking, just let someone believe in God if they choose and if someone doesnt want to thats thier own choice. Which side of the issue is the correct side in the end all comes down to personal belief.

So Christians shouldn't be upset when they hear Happy Holidays, because it isnt actually Jesus' bday and the "War on Christmas" crap is ... crap?
I guess you uninformed about all the stuff the ACLU has been doing against many small towns for years? Its an awesome gameplan really, go to small town usa, threaten to sue for millions of damages if they don't pull down thier cross/manger/christmas tree knowing full well that the small towns dont have the budget for stuff like a major lawsuit from a million dollar organization with hundreds of great lawyers. So 9 times out 10 the small towns cave and take christmas stuff down or rename it to stuff like "holiday tree" or "holiday parade." Like I said its a great plan really, I just wish they were putting thier efforts towards something more important. Or is all that just a figment of my imagination

Old 12-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
If you've never seen the documentary movie, In Search of Mt Sinai, it's a well thought out vid about the actual where abouts of it. The two guys that did the expedition are pretty neat kinda guys. One is an investor and makes mega bucks and the other is a retired police investigator. They decide to put the Bible to the ultimate test and follow the Bible as written and see where it would lead them in regards to the Exodus. The idea of Moses raising his staff and the sea parted for them to cross sounds like a fairy tale....right? Well, there is a land bridge across the sea at the area that these guys found. They could have walked across it with the exception that there is a channel cut thru it now for ship traffic. A dive team found chariot wheels on the bottom of the sea on both sides of the land bridge. There are pics of them in the vid. These guys found numerous locations along the way that the Bible claims Moses and his people stopped at for water. They show the places. They came across a Bedouin and asked if he knew of the location of Mt Sinai. The man said- oh your looking for the Mosa's mountain and took them to the real Mt Sinai which is in Saudi. The Saudis have a fence and guards around the entire location. To shorten this up, this is where Moses received the 10 Commandments. It is written that the mountain was on fire where God was living. He wrote that he stayed in a cave on the mountain as he spoke with God. The cave is there along with a mountain that the entire top has been burned. Burned with no sign of any vegetation. You'll also see where Moses split the rock with his staff and water came forth. Enough water for the millions of people that were with him. You'll get to see the lake that was formed along with alters and other things that Moses people did. This is a great vid for those that have the faith and for those who think that the Bible is a fairy tale.
http://www.explorationfilms.com/mtsinai-collection.html

Since this thread is about Jesus, the above is archeological evidence that there is a God. It is written in many Jewish scrolls about Jesus and what he was about. There is a God and there is a Christ. He will not demand that you believe in him. It's all by faith. But what I find truly amazing is that as people age and get elderly, their atheism seems to die and their faith comes alive.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by harleydude78
My interest is that I am tired of seeing the same people posting threads about God or religion fully knowing all they are doing in a round about way is stirring the pot and that all it eventually leads to is bashing religion or trying to make people who believe out to be crazy/idiots or full of crap. Far from an "intelligent discussion." Generally speaking, just let someone believe in God if they choose and if someone doesnt want to thats thier own choice. Which side of the issue is the correct side in the end all comes down to personal belief.
That's because many on the internet have less interest in having an intelligent dicussion, and are more interested in winning the disussion.

Originally Posted by jims94vmx
Just a heads up, ...and the man responsible for a lot of deaths of christians at the onset was a man called Saul. Saul then became Paul, one of the most dominant forces witnessing that Jesus is the Way, the truth and the Life.
So, does it matter when his birthday is? Not really, he grew up and bridged the gap to be our mediator to the Father.
To get back on topic... 'Jesus is the truth', so how do you think he would respond to the fact that the first lie we hear as children was the story our dear parents tell us of this Santa who will deliver gifts to every house on Jesus' birthday? I think he would respond much the way he responded to the Pharasees like when he said: 'Woe to you, blind guides'

Old 12-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by harleydude78
I guess you uninformed about all the stuff the ACLU has been doing against many small towns for years? Its an awesome gameplan really, go to small town usa, threaten to sue for millions of damages if they don't pull down thier cross/manger/christmas tree knowing full well that the small towns dont have the budget for stuff like a major lawsuit from a million dollar organization with hundreds of great lawyers. So 9 times out 10 the small towns cave and take christmas stuff down or rename it to stuff like "holiday tree" or "holiday parade." Like I said its a great plan really, I just wish they were putting thier efforts towards something more important. Or is all that just a figment of my imagination
I think the govt should cater to all religions if theyre going to cater to one.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RileyDog
I think the govt should cater to all religions if theyre going to cater to one.
Christianity is the religion they cater to the least.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Suspended
Less than before. I agree it's definitely switching.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:29 PM
political correctness run amuck

Old 12-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I do believe in separation of Church and State. Because when We Christians become a minority, we do not another dominate religion displayed on our public property. I do believe that was the intent of our forefathers also, with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
I do realize that is unpopular with the Christian faith that I am a part of. But it is for the good of our Country. IMHO

Old 12-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Stay on topic here people!

I'm not going to ask again. If you want want to beat each other up regarding "belief" or "political correctness" or "separation of Church and State", start another thread. Don't do it here.

The topic is an interesting one and one that invites intelligent discussion, especially in light of the recent discovery of a "Jesus era" dwelling in Nazareth. Let's keep it on a high level - please!

- Jack

Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 PM

We are keeping it on a high level.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Stay on topic here people!

I'm not going to ask again. If you want want to beat each other up regarding "belief" or "political correctness" or "separation of Church and State", start another thread. Don't do it here.

The topic is an interesting one and one that invites intelligent discussion, especially in light of the recent discovery of a "Jesus era" dwelling in Nazareth. Let's keep it on a high level - please!

- Jack
Sorry I missed the first warning. The day Jesus was born simply is not important to me. The fact that he was born is all that matters to me.

Last edited by Tumba; 12-23-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Suspended
So then Christmas as a date shouldnt be important, right?

Old 12-23-2009, 08:00 PM

Every day should be Christmas. It's that important.

Quick Reply: When was Jesus born?