When was Jesus born?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love it when people post things just to stir the pot

Old 12-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
Are all history books fairy tale stories? I doubt you know anyone from the civil war, but our history books sure tell a lot about it and we believe it. Our history books only have a few manuscripts to back their information. Im not sure if anyone is aware of this, but the bible actually has over 25000 authentic manuscripts backing its origin. Thats more then any other history book that you or I have read in school,Koran,etc......or whatever else books are out there. Thats 25000 hand written documents by someone in or around that time period. Anywho all im saying is I think the Bible is far from being fairy tale.
Heres a link thats has some info for those of you who are interested. Have a merry christmas anyway!
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/b_proof.shtml
Well the history books are not written by people that were spoken to by a figure of faith. History books are written as fact. The Bible, and every other religious book for that matter has been written by people that some would consider crazy. They heard voices and wrote down what they were told. I have no doubt that Jesus was a real person and was cruxcified. The whole creation thing is a little far fetched. There is no way the earth is only 6000 years old. People living to be 160+ years old. Etc, etc.

Originally Posted by Norm
He is real. There is enough proof of that. It takes faith to believe He is the Son of God.:santa:
Yep. And faith is something that you have to have faith in to believe. It would be easier to believe if it wasnt forced upon. Why cant everyone be right? I just dont see how one religion can say one thing, another can say a complete different, and they both be right. The only explanation is that they are both wrong.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by W.L.B
I just dont see how one religion can say one thing, another can say a complete different, and they both be right. The only explanation is that they are both wrong.
That's a rather narrow minded view, but whatever works for you.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-23-2009, 01:18 PM
And faith is something that you have to have faith in to believe.
You do not have to have faith to believe in faith. That is like saying you have to have ice cream to believe in ice cream.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by PONY_DRIVER
That's a rather narrow minded view, but whatever works for you.

Merry Christmas
Do you care to prove me wrong? If you have PROOF. Physical proof. Not something telling me to "believe". I like facts and know how something works. Not just accepting that it works, know how and why it works. If you think about the life of the earth in for form of 1 year. Humans have been here for 3 seconds of it. What happened to the other 364 Days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 57 seconds of it. Where is all that at?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:22 PM
You do not have to have faith to believe in faith. That is like saying you have to have ice cream to believe in ice cream.
That is a horrible analogy. You just have to "believe". That does not make any since. If you are to tell me to have faith, there is nothing backing it. Other than me choosing to accept what I am told and deal with it. That is basically what faith it. Accepting what you cant explain, and believing in something that is not real.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:22 PM
If you think about the life of the earth in for form of 1 year. Humans have been here for 3 seconds of it. What happened to the other 364 Days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 57 seconds of it. Where is all that at?
Do you have proof of that?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
That is a horrible analogy. You just have to "believe". That does not make any since. If you are to tell me to have faith, there is nothing backing it. Other than me choosing to accept what I am told and deal with it. That is basically what faith it. Accepting what you cant explain, and believing in something that is not real.
Faith is belief.

Since is not sense.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Do you have proof of that?
Age of the Earth

I am at work so do not have access to my Geology textbook and notes. I am a geology major and have lots of stuff on it. Wikipedia explains it best. There are so many ways to determine the age of the earth through sciences. Ways that have been proven and a tried and true. Half lifes do not lie, etc. My analogy to the life of the earth in a year is in relation to humans have been here X years, and the earth has been here 4.5ish billion years. So proportional it is 3 seconds out of the year.

There is plenty of proof that evolution exists. There are fossils and artifacts found that prove the changes. For creationism you just have to accept it and believe.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Faith is belief.

Since is not sense.
Sorry my grammer is not perfect.

For me to believe something I have to know why and how. Not just someone telling me that is how it was because some guy wrote it in a book that some other guy, that no one has ever seen, told him too. I tried to believe for years. But there are way to many holes and stuff that caused me to feel like I was lieing to myself.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:31 PM
I do not have faith in Wiki.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Then why don't you take the time and put forth the effort to start your own thread on the subject instead of hijacking this one? This thread asks an intriguing question, and presents some very good links.

Last edited by JackandJanet; 12-23-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Removed pot stirring reference
Old 12-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Why can't people just accept that some people want to believe in God or a higher power? Whats wrong with believing in something?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
I do not have faith in Wiki.
USGS

How they dated it

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/.../deeptime.html

Quick Reply: When was Jesus born?