Trail Cam pic from Versailles, MO - What do you see here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a big cat...cougar buddy! They are in missouri. Conservation brought them in , but wont take "credit" for it! My dad and I found what we think is a den about half a mile from his house which is west of lowry city, mo about 15 miles. He has also seen one with cubs brush hogging. I carry a pistol with me anytime i go to the woods bow hunting or anything.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
It's a cougar

Old 11-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How close to the Arkansas border are you? There have been a few rare sightings here but the AFGC's official stance is this:

While it is possible that occasional sightings of free-ranging mountain lions may occur in Arkansas there is no evidence that there has been a reproducing population of this species in the state since the early 1900s. Individual mountain lions are most likely escaped or released pets though it is possible, but unlikely, that individuals could disperse to Arkansas from their nearest existing population in southern Texas.

Most of the big cats that are seen in the wild in Arkansas have been a pet at one time. A few years back someone released African lions into the wild because they were tired of feeding them.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wookie
How close to the Arkansas border are you? There have been a few rare sightings here but the AFGC's official stance is this:

While it is possible that occasional sightings of free-ranging mountain lions may occur in Arkansas there is no evidence that there has been a reproducing population of this species in the state since the early 1900s. Individual mountain lions are most likely escaped or released pets though it is possible, but unlikely, that individuals could disperse to Arkansas from their nearest existing population in southern Texas.

Most of the big cats that are seen in the wild in Arkansas have been a pet at one time. A few years back someone released African lions into the wild because they were tired of feeding them.
There are some here in Southern Arkansas, that I know were once pets. They have reproduced. I knew a guy that had some of them, that released them. I believe he was fined for it.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Wookie

I'm about 50 miles east of KC

Quick Reply: Trail Cam pic from Versailles, MO - What do you see here?