anyone use vonage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had vonage for many years and it works great! I also have a magic jack and it great as a second line. The initial 39.99 includes the first year of service.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pickup Man
Yep, you don't have to buy the actual phone service for dsl, but you do have to have it there so the dsl line can get the signal through. I was thinking last night that you should be able to just pay for the dsl service and not a phone service, and it seems that you can.
That's not offered in my area, either, as you have to be within a certain range of a LOC for dsl, I can't believe that we have cable.
Old Dogg™, the reason that you need the filters is because the phone line itself will cause feedback and disrupt the dsl signal, and without them, your conection possibly won't work.
I was told by a telephone lineman I know, that there is a lot of upkeep on a dsl line, I'm like WTF. Don't you just put the wire up and fix it when it breaks.
I didn't get the answer because we were both in a hurry when we talking.
But, I've noticed a pole close to my shop that has an oxygen bottle a the base and a hose up to the phone line.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tumba
I was told by a telephone lineman I know, that there is a lot of upkeep on a dsl line, I'm like WTF. Don't you just put the wire up and fix it when it breaks.
I didn't get the answer because we were both in a hurry when we talking.
But, I've noticed a pole close to my shop that has an oxygen bottle a the base and a hose up to the phone line.
If the lines are maintained, then it's not that bad. When you have dsl, you find out pretty fast how much the phone company cares about servicing your phone lines.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pickup Man
If the lines are maintained, then it's not that bad. When you have dsl, you find out pretty fast how much the phone company cares about servicing your phone lines.
My cableynx here at home seems much better. The only thing I can complain about , is the kids down loading music, 3 or so computers doing it at a time kinda jams things up. But I'm positive the dsl a work couldn't handle it.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:51 PM
SignalBoost Mobile Professional Amplifier Kit

At $269.95, the Mobile Professional won't come cheap

Quick Reply: anyone use vonage?