My baby just got hailed on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-1999, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My baby just got hailed on!!!

Well, I'm sitting here at work this afternoon and my girlfriend calls me to tell me it's hailing...well, about ten seconds later, I hear it hitting the window down the hall from my office...golf ball size hail! Needless to say, my hood and roof got hit. I don't know if I'll get the roof fixed, but I don't think I can drive around and look at those dents on the hood for the next few years! The real kick to the shorts is that the radio broadcasted a severe weather AFTER the storm came through...nice time gentlemen...thanks a lot...idiots!!! Anybody else get hit by this storm? I'm in Rochester, MN. I've only had the truck for less than a month and a half! Hmmm, maybe one of those Cobra hoods would look good...

------------------
99.5 F150 X-Cab 4x4 SB, 5.4L V8, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Dark Graphite, Off-Road Pkg, 3.73 Limited Slip, Tow Pkg, Captain's Chairs, CD, Airaid, Luvernve Stainless Nerf Bars, Lund Frontrunner bug deflector, Lund Eclipse taillight covers, Lund Eclipse side window covers.

Old 08-09-1999, 04:25 PM
Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your truck. I know its gotta make you sick. Look into paintless dent removal. Some shops are really good and you can't tell its been dented. Of course, like anything else, you've got to watch out for the bad shops too. Good luck!

Old 08-09-1999, 05:00 PM
Unhappy

Just thinking of hail hitting the truck is making me sick. But getting one of those new hoods would be a good way to feel better. They are sharp. I've ran the idea past my husband but he just wont go for it. So from your experience, would you say that if I can find a good hail storm that dents the hood up real good, that this would be a good reason for the husband to agree to that new hood???

Old 08-09-1999, 05:35 PM
Unhappy

I can feel for you Matt. I live near Green Bay, and we got hit with a storm like that last year. Move quickly if you are going to repair it, I had to take my car to a body shop 6 months after the storm and they were booked solid with hail damage still. Have you insuranse look at the hood and roof, maybe you could settle with them and offset the cost of the new hood. Good luck
Jeff

------------------
1999 F150 Lariat
Reg cab Short box Styleside
5.4L 3.55ls
Deep Wedgwood Blue/Silver
Lund Interceptor hood shield, VentVisors, Class III hitch, Ford molded mud guards, soft tonneau, factory CD with changer (thanks Dusty), tinted windows

Old 08-09-1999, 06:35 PM
Unhappy

Yo, That Sucks! I wonder if you could sue the weather forecaster for being late with the warning?

------------------
'98 F-150 4x4 XLT SC/SB, 4.6L automatic, Toreador Red / Prairie Tan, Westin step tubes, Gibson Swept Side, K&N w/ custom box and other cool stuff...

Old 08-09-1999, 11:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To bad about your truck but look on the bright side if it was a Chevy it would have fallen apart.

Old 08-10-1999, 03:56 PM
Thumbs up

You might as well trade your truck for this: Well it's a thought

Old 08-20-1999, 05:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So Matt have you gotten your truck fixed yet and did you get the new hood.

Quick Reply: My baby just got hailed on!!!