How to get the "Cali" look ??? Or "Bulldog"

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha its a tiny cowboy town in the middle of nowhere...thats all ill say about it.hahaha but yeah. my funds are getting back into order(ex finally payed up) so i should be up for a trip pretty soon here

Old 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Suspended
I don't have the front hooks but I was thinking of trimming the front valance and slappin some on. Pillsbury sounds like a good time, I never even knew that lake was there. When is that heep event at Cow?

Msall, you have any blinds around this chit hole? The only time I have been duck hunting was at Grizzly Island.

Oakdale sucks, the cops look for any reason to pull over trucks. They always have the douche HiPo's sitting outside the bridge and pulling over all diesel trucks to check for red dye. Sobriety checkpoints in town every weekend. They are ****** about window tint, mudflaps, exhaust volume, etc. A real chit hole, that's for sure.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Dankle666
Msall, you have any blinds around this chit hole? The only time I have been duck hunting was at Grizzly Island.
No, my blinds are all about 40 mins north of Davis. But you'd only have to drive to Davis to meet up and i'd drive from there.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm sure we could get those hooks on there for ya ! It would definately be smart to have some. Ask Max, he threw some on his beast ! Looks pretty good too.

Not sure when the event is just yet, just heard it might be soon. Trying to figure it all out now. Porbbaly will call the ranger on lunch break or something.

Oakdale sounds lame ! Wow man. Makes this town seems tame (actually its pretty chill) but we have the douche cops the next city over. Not worried about trucks so much, but window tint, "overly-loud exhaust", and normal BS. At least "cig" laws are lax as hell around here. They tend to "look the other way".

Old 09-23-2008, 03:05 PM

Yeah that sucks about the cops. Cops around here dont bother us at all. I have tinted windows, tinted tailights, HIDs etc and havent been pulled over yet for any of them (knock on wood ).

Old 09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Thank you :o (at least USC is dominating..... makes up for it. And the Rams are doing it on purpose, they are trying to get draft pick number 1 !! And then grab either Ray Maualuga or Tim Tebow ! )

So, how bout I drive out to you, and buy a couple brews, and you give me a hand with the nightshade stuff ??? Buuuuuuuuddy ? PM me if your down.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
good god this thread is still alive?

Old 09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Suspended
At least "cig" laws are lax as hell around here. They tend to "look the other way".
Nice, I wish they were lax around here. They shut down our "cig store" and took a pack of "cigs" from me. I beat them in court but they never gave me back my "cigs" Po chief Marty West seems to think state laws aren't applicable in Oakdale? What a fool. Oh well, should I just buy some OEM front hooks and slap them on? Or is there a cheaper/better way?

Msall, when I get my gun back from the gun shop we'll have to set up a trip. I have family in Fairfield and Vacaville, so Davis is a hop, skip and a jump from there.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sundevil2188
good god this thread is still alive?
Alive and going STRONG !!!

Nice, I wish they were lax around here. They shut down our "cig store" and took a pack of "cigs" from me. I beat them in court but they never gave me back my "cigs" Po chief Marty West seems to think state laws aren't applicable in Oakdale? What a fool. Oh well, should I just buy some OEM front hooks and slap them on? Or is there a cheaper/better way?
Damn man, thats pretty damn lame. At least the courts upheld the law. Good to see. My older bro down south had some similar problems, with raids and what not on the "stores". Looks like it dying down though.

I would think any aftermarket tow hook for our model truck would work. You can get a bling bling chrome one ! I am sure you can find something though, i'll look around a little for ya.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:40 PM

LOL my bad, missed that one. PM sent.

I would think any aftermarket tow hook for our model truck would work. You can get a bling bling chrome one ! I am sure you can find something though, i'll look around a little for ya.
Ew. I never understood the point of chrome tow hooks besides looking ghetto-fabulous. The first time you strap a chain or something strong to them, the chrome will scrape right off and look like chit.

Just get some beefy **** black ones that you can beat on.

Last edited by mSaLL150; 09-23-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
LOL my bad, missed that one. PM sent.

Ew. I never understood the point of chrome tow hooks besides looking ghetto-fabulous. The first time you strap a chain or something strong to them, the chrome will scrape right off and look like chit.

Just get some beefy **** black ones that you can beat on.
and one sent back at ya !

Chrome tow hooks are baller ! Helps you get the ladies !

Old 09-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Suspended
There is a wrecking yard for Ford and Chebby trucks in Riverskank. I think I'll give them a call, see how much he wants for a pair. Chrome tow hooks, a FSAS sticker on the back window, stickers down the side of the windshield, and the "cali" stance is where it's at. I though you knew?

Old 09-23-2008, 04:17 PM
dankle- when i off road my turck i unbolt the lower plastic valance and slide some 10k lb hooks i got at ace in the frame rails with a 1/2" grade 8 bolt through the holes in the frame. there arent holes for stock tow hooks like some think but this works great, mt can attest that my truck was towed up a STEEP *** hill by these hooks with no problem. i have pics of my setup if youd like to see them

Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 PM

Chrome tow hooks, a FSAS sticker on the back window, stickers down the side of the windshield, and the "cali" stance is where it's at. I though you knew?
Crap, i knew i shoulda gone with 24s...

Old 09-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Suspended
Madmax, pics of your set up would be appreciated.

Msall, you should have consulted the "Bro's guide to style" before ordering your rims. Could have saved you some ridicule.