How to get the "Cali" look ??? Or "Bulldog"

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(bump)

Just helped a buddy install a doubler into a Samurai !!!!

He has the Sami motor, Sidekick trans mated to a sidekick t-case (soon going to regear to 4.62:1) and thats mated to Sami t-case (6.5:1) and then to Yota axles (5.29:1) and its BAD *** !!! Going to go crawl the local waterfall here sometime soon. I'll be sure to take some pics.

I know.... car **** huh ??

Also, check out these new Chasis being built:
http://hendrixmotorsports.com/_wsn/page5.html

They go on the Samurai frame with some minor mods and fabbing. Something I am definately considering now, especially if the Formula Toy boy's are willing to compete against a Formula Suzuki !!!!

Whats up with the rest of you useless *** dumpsters ??

Old 09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Suspended
Looking good, talk about some great reduction! Could probably use the factory clutch with that set up.

I went to Austin to meet with Patrick and installed the e fan set-up he makes. Sometime tonight or maybe tomorrow I will get a post up with all the pictures. Took alot of work but the truck runs cooler and stronger so I am happy!

Now I guess I am just going to sit and wait to see what this damn hurricane is going to do to Houston

Old 09-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Man, you barely need a clutch !! lol Thing crawls ! Heck, with what I have, I can put her in 2-low, park against a wall, and my rear tires will just chirp and spin.

Definately post up pics on the e-fan install and what not. Something I have thought about doing, just never got around to it.

And goodluck with Ike buddy ! You hunkerin down or gettin out ?? How's the weather startin to look now ??

Old 09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Sup punks.

Was in Chico for a few days slaughtering dove, then at the Ranch for my cousins bachelors party.

Truck SUCKS going uphill now with the 35s, especially at elevation. Its disgusting. I need 4.88s bad.

Im moving back up to school later this week/early next week. Im pretty stoked for that.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
How'd ya do with the Doves ??? A buddy was just up there and didn't nab ****. Said the wind was something fierce and just couldn't get any. They got like 3-5 between 3 dudes I think.

Should got a 4.6 ..... my truck does fine up-hill !

Old 09-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Man, you barely need a clutch !! lol Thing crawls ! Heck, with what I have, I can put her in 2-low, park against a wall, and my rear tires will just chirp and spin.

Definately post up pics on the e-fan install and what not. Something I have thought about doing, just never got around to it.

And goodluck with Ike buddy ! You hunkerin down or gettin out ?? How's the weather startin to look now ??
That is a nice change, stock mine needed a 2wd 5k clutch drop in Low to spin the tires on concrete

Pics should be up tonight or at the latest tomorrow, I have some last minute things I wanted to do before the final pics.

Im thinking I will ride it out here in Houston as long as the winds stay 120-130 ish. Problem is you have to leave 4 days in advance to get out of Houston due to all the traffic when people try to evacuate the city. Almost best to board up, load the guns and get the flashlights ready

Old 09-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

How'd ya do with the Doves ??? A buddy was just up there and didn't nab ****. Said the wind was something fierce and just couldn't get any. They got like 3-5 between 3 dudes I think.

Should got a 4.6 ..... my truck does fine up-hill !
We shot like 30 in 3 days (me and 2 buddies). We just sit on a washout next to the Sacramento River and right around sundown the Dove fly up and down the river and you just blast 'em. It was fun.

Try your truck up a long 12% grade @ 6000 ft elevation. The tranny chits itself trying to find the right gear.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
We shot like 30 in 3 days (me and 2 buddies). We just sit on a washout next to the Sacramento River and right around sundown the Dove fly up and down the river and you just blast 'em. It was fun.

Try your truck up a long 12% grade @ 6000 ft elevation. The tranny chits itself trying to find the right gear.
DAMN !! See, I wana go shoot with you !!

Ya, ya, ya.... 12% grade is nothin ! My truck is champ !

Old 09-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Happy friday fawkers. Any worth while plans ?

Any Ike evacuees ? Or are ya guys hunkerin down ??

Old 09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Suspended
Not really anything special. The g/f wants to go check out Red Hills? My uncle was telling us about it so she wants to go. Then my Mom is getting married on Sunday. Should be cool to visit with some family. What are your plans?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dankle666
Not really anything special. The g/f wants to go check out Red Hills? My uncle was telling us about it so she wants to go. Then my Mom is getting married on Sunday. Should be cool to visit with some family. What are your plans?
The trail ? out by Tuolumne County ?? I have heard about it. heard its a nice scenic drive, lots of places to pull over and target shoot legally too, and some pretty flowers ... Sounds like some fun.

My plans are not nearly as exciting. gotta come down to the shop tomorrow, spend some time re-orginizing my office, doing some paperwork, and other misc. chit I have fallen behind on (mostly from surgery). Also gotta go by my buddies house out in Napa, and help him finish getting that doubler all done and finished for his samurai, and then head out to another bud's place, and pick up some Yota axles for my project, and help him install some new Zuk axles, and SPUA YJ suspension set-up. Should keep me busy enough, and outta trouble !

Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Suspended
The trail ? out by Tuolumne County ?? I have heard about it. heard its a nice scenic drive, lots of places to pull over and target shoot legally too, and some pretty flowers ... Sounds like some fun.
Nice, it sounded kind of lame. The g/f took an interest and I figure I could at least throw some dirt around. Man, can't wait for work to get done. This P.A. that works here, shares my office and has been b****in all day. Oh well, hey how much do you think I should ask for my Superchips Flashpaq? It's a good tuner, but I want something with a display besides the Flashpaq sitting in my lap. I am thinking of going to a Gryphon. If I cant sell my SC for much I think I may just keep it and get a scanguage? Not sure.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:41 PM
I think you'll have some fun out there. never been myself, but have heard about it. Nothing "hard" or challenging 4x4 wise, but still, gets you away from the city life, and like I said, if ya got some guns, maybe a manual trap thrower of some kind ? You can make a day of it. Do a nice little picnic type deal for your gal. And there are some good hiking spots and what not...

Man, i really don't know what those goes for. How much was it new ? how "used" does it look ? Does it do tunes ? That would raise the price. Does it recalibrate your trucks speedo/odometer for a lift ???

As for the scanguage, I love mine ! Pretty sweet. Like the guages, use it constantly, and would hate to go back without one. I will still be going with the Gryphon here soon, maybe by december or so... we'll see.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Suspended
Yeah the tuner does a lot of things, recalibrates for gears and tires and reads/clears DTC's. The only thing is doesn't do is hold custom tunes. There are 5 different settings: 93 perf, Tow safe, 87 Perf, stock w/ options, and the newest mileage xp econo tune. Has internet update abilities. The tuner does datalogging for up to 60 seconds. Also records misc run times, 0-60,0-100 etc, and 1/8 mi 1/4mi etc for distance. Doesn't look very used I paid $415, but now retail is $379? I want to sell it and get a Gryphon because my bday is coming up and Gryphons are on sale at the end of sept. If there are any cool spots up there I'll be sure to take some pics. Maybe a donut vid or something.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Happy friday fawkers. Any worth while plans ?
Planning on going out to El Mirage on Sunday. Some friends are going to bring their streamliner with a blown Ardun, and see what kind of top speeds they can get.