How to get the "Cali" look ??? Or "Bulldog"

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dankle666
It is a Remington, 11-87 Super Magnum 12 gauge shotty. It is a 3 shot semi-auto. Fires shells 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2" lengths. I am taking it out to a friends property tonight to blast the shaat ducks (muscovy's). They swim in the crap ponds on the dairy. Nasty little things, that's why we call them shaat ducks. His uncle also has 4 acres of catfish ponds. He pays us sometimes to sit out there and blast the birds that try to swoop his fish or the fish food. Mostly when he goes on vacations or fishing expeditions. We need to meet up sometime, so we can burn and blast some critters.
Wow ! Fawkin NICE gun !! Wow, 3 1/2" shells ?? Those are some big uns ! I normally stick with the traditional 2 3/4 or 3". Semi auto is always nice !

Shaat ducks worth eating at all ?? After ya clean em ? Or are the garbage ?

We do need to get a meet and greet together, Somewhere in the middle, where we could both get at, ya know ? We'll figure somethin out.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Suspended
A clean muscovy may be worth eating, not sure we'd have to ask Sall. He is the duck expert it seems. The ones on the dairy live in and dunk their heads in cow manure ponds. So I would think that meat is contaminated. Anyway, I am down almost anytime to meet at some trails or something. I am going to be in Oregon the weekend of Sep 27 and 28. Any other weekend is cool. Do you know of any places that would be somewhere in the middle?

Old 09-18-2008, 06:42 PM
A clean muscovy may be worth eating, not sure we'd have to ask Sall. He is the duck expert it seems. The ones on the dairy live in and dunk their heads in cow manure ponds. So I would think that meat is contaminated. Anyway, I am down almost anytime to meet at some trails or something. I am going to be in Oregon the weekend of Sep 27 and 28. Any other weekend is cool. Do you know of any places that would be somewhere in the middle?
You driving up to Oregon ? or flying ? If your driving, stop on by ! We could kick a few back, and maybe light a couple up. If your flying.... sucks for you !

Ya, I could think of a couple places. Places like Hollister are kinda in the middle (more my side) and then there are places like Johnson Valley a place I am ITCHIN to get at ! Home of the Hammer trail systems. Bad *** stuff, something the trucks couldn't do, but my Samurai would have a blast ! There is big open desert and other things for the big truck to get out and play in. Thats a lot closer to you, but again, I am dying to get down that way.

Your more then welcome up here too !

Old 09-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Suspended
We are flying up. At least we are flying Southwest instead of Alaskan this time. Those Alaskan planes freaked me out. Plus Southwest lets you off through a terminal, Alaskan dumps you off on the tarmac. My g/f's pops is flying us up to get fitted for his wedding. We should plan a trip to Cow, it's not too far and it's a place you are familiar with. My g/f wants to go too, she is starting to take an interest in driving (riding) off road. Which is good for me, because if she likes it too she won't complain (too much) about me getting true trac and changing gear sizes in the rear. I think I'll do those first then go on to lift and 35's. Are you open any weekends in October? Johnson Valley is about 5+ hours from here. Cow and Hollister are closer, and I am more familiar with the Ukiah and Humboldt area than the south areas.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:05 PM
We are flying up. At least we are flying Southwest instead of Alaskan this time. Those Alaskan planes freaked me out. Plus Southwest lets you off through a terminal, Alaskan dumps you off on the tarmac. My g/f's pops is flying us up to get fitted for his wedding. We should plan a trip to Cow, it's not too far and it's a place you are familiar with. My g/f wants to go too, she is starting to take an interest in driving (riding) off road. Which is good for me, because if she likes it too she won't complain (too much) about me getting true trac and changing gear sizes in the rear. I think I'll do those first then go on to lift and 35's. Are you open any weekends in October? Johnson Valley is about 5+ hours from here. Cow and Hollister are closer, and I am more familiar with the Ukiah and Humboldt area than the south areas.
Man, now I am confused ! Where the hell are you man ?? Some reason I completely thought you were way down south, around L.A. area, maybe Santa Barbara. Ya, sometimes I amaze myself !

Wana go to cow ? Lets go !! I was kickin around the idea of heading up there this weekend, just with the truck (Samurai is under the knife again) and just campin, maybe some light wheeling. There might be some light rain up there today also, which always makes it a little more fun !

Plan to get back up there either last weekend of September, or more likely, first weekend of October (if the Sami is done). Somewhere around then, I can letcha know when it starts getting a little bit closer, and my Zuk starts taking shape again.

Later in the year, we will be going up to Lake Pillsbury area. We need rain and snow to make that place fun, but once we get it, its a BLAST up there. Go up M.t Hull and do some real snow wheeling. Talkin 3-4 FEET of powda ! Its good times for sure.

Let me know whatcha think man. pretty open, and always down to get out, even if its just the truck, it can wheel pretty hard too.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Suspended
I live in the chit hole known as Oakdale. This weekend I am house sitting for a co worker in Stockton. The first weekend in October is good, or whenever you get the Sami ready. If I go to Lake Pillsbury I think I would have to be a passenger, darn open rear 2wd Sounds like fun though. I wasn't able to go shooting yesterday, so now I am dead set on going this afternoon. Get to work on that Zuk so we can plan the first weekend of Oct.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:32 AM
It is a Remington, 11-87 Super Magnum 12 gauge shotty. It is a 3 shot semi-auto. Fires shells 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2" lengths. I am taking it out to a friends property tonight to blast the shaat ducks (muscovy's). They swim in the crap ponds on the dairy. Nasty little things, that's why we call them shaat ducks. His uncle also has 4 acres of catfish ponds. He pays us sometimes to sit out there and blast the birds that try to swoop his fish or the fish food. Mostly when he goes on vacations or fishing expeditions. We need to meet up sometime, so we can burn and blast some critters.
I know exactly what you are talking about. We just stocked out pond here in Florida and those ******* Turkeys just dive in a take up a fish every single time. So they get blow away every chance i get.

And on the 12 GA 3.5" magnum shells. I have a very very fun story behind that. When i first started turkey hunting i bought some loaded up the gun and went out (i shout the gun with the 2 3/4 shells and it was on so i figured it be close enough) anyways i got out there and within an hour i had seen 3 hens. about 32 minutes latter a Gobbler walked out and i proceeded in givin him the BOOM well i wasnt ready for the kick of the 3.5" shells.... lets just say my nose started bleeding and the turkey was gone!

Ive read a few charts n "Common Hunting Rounds" and the 12GA 3.5" Magnum is at the top of the Recoil list!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Suspended
Nice, sounds like I need to grab up a few boxes of 3 1/2's. The gun is going to the gun shop for 11 days starting tomorrow. I have to get it transferred into my name. My mom said just pay the DOJ fees and I can have the gun. Anything exciting this weekend? MT did you get out of town at all?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Nice, sounds like I need to grab up a few boxes of 3 1/2's. The gun is going to the gun shop for 11 days starting tomorrow. I have to get it transferred into my name. My mom said just pay the DOJ fees and I can have the gun. Anything exciting this weekend? MT did you get out of town at all?
I didn't do JACK !!!

Friday night hung out with a couple of the fellas, just shot the ****, and went out to the bars.

Saturday was some fawkin outstanding football. BBQ, drank some brew, and enjoyed the games. Suppose to meet up with some friends, went to "rest the eyes" and woke up around 1 am.

Sunday, same as above, minus the "outstanding football" part and replace with "mediocre ball".

At least thats how I remember my weekend, so thats what i am sticking with. Tonight I am headin over to a buddies so his *** can BBQ this time, and drink some more brews and watch some more football !

I LOVE football season !

Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
I LOVE football season !
x2, the best time of the year. BBQ sounds friggin tasty right now. What are you guys Q'n up?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:19 PM
x2, the best time of the year. BBQ sounds friggin tasty right now. What are you guys Q'n up?
I gots me a nice smoker, along with my trusty grill. Yesterday was normal New York steaks, but Saturday smoked up some Baby back ribs and hot damn ! they were gooooood.

Tonight, its on my buddy. Most likely burgers. Thats how it always works out. I smoke up some meats, BBQ a nice meal, then they "repay" with some burgers !

Its all good, I'll empty his beer stash too !

Any plans for Monday night ball for you ? How was house sitting ??

Old 09-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Dankle, if you like duck hunting then hit me up during season. I have 9 blinds in the valley. We slaughter the geese too.

Also, if any of you really want to get away and drive some amazing back roads come up to Shasta/Lassen area sometime. Thousands of miles of logging roads you can drive up, all Forest Service land. Its AWESOME.

Sooooooooooo...how bout them 49ers?! (MT i wont even comment on the Rams )

Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
I live in the chit hole known as Oakdale. This weekend I am house sitting for a co worker in Stockton. The first weekend in October is good, or whenever you get the Sami ready. If I go to Lake Pillsbury I think I would have to be a passenger, darn open rear 2wd Sounds like fun though. I wasn't able to go shooting yesterday, so now I am dead set on going this afternoon. Get to work on that Zuk so we can plan the first weekend of Oct.
my ex lived in modesto so i know where oakdales at. you guys plannin a pillsbury trip and didnt tell me?haha. o and dankle i took my stock height,2wd open diff to pillsbury and played in the mud and then over to frank raines and played on the hills and some in the mud so dont worry. besides if you go with james there will be more than enough people and/or rigs to get you out.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I cant wait to go wheeling AFTER the 4.88 gears are in. The gearing in 4-Lo is going to be ridiiiiiiiiiiculous for 35" mudders.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Dankle, if you like duck hunting then hit me up during season. I have 9 blinds in the valley. We slaughter the geese too.

Also, if any of you really want to get away and drive some amazing back roads come up to Shasta/Lassen area sometime. Thousands of miles of logging roads you can drive up, all Forest Service land. Its AWESOME.

Sooooooooooo...how bout them 49ers?! (MT i wont even comment on the Rams )
Thank you :o (at least USC is dominating..... makes up for it. And the Rams are doing it on purpose, they are trying to get draft pick number 1 !! And then grab either Ray Maualuga or Tim Tebow ! )

So, how bout I drive out to you, and buy a couple brews, and you give me a hand with the nightshade stuff ??? Buuuuuuuuddy ? PM me if your down.

Originally Posted by madmaxwell87
my ex lived in modesto so i know where oakdales at. you guys plannin a pillsbury trip and didnt tell me?haha. o and dankle i took my stock height,2wd open diff to pillsbury and played in the mud and then over to frank raines and played on the hills and some in the mud so dont worry. besides if you go with james there will be more than enough people and/or rigs to get you out.
You know where Oakdale is at ? I'm sorry ! Heard its a chit-hole !

And don't worry man, I would tell you if we had a trip planned out. Nothing yet. I was plannin on headin up to Cow, but I heard they have some big Jeep event going on, so the mountain is closed. That means it might be Hollister but I am not sure yet. Couple of my Samurai buddies are wanting to get out BAD. So, once we figure it out, I will let yall know.

Oh ya, Dank, you'll be fine. Anything your truck can't make it through, my truck can give ya a hand ! Or someone will. You got tow hooks up front ? Hitch out back ?