f-150 owners are "plain"

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f-150 owners are "plain"

my opinion: there is no "best" truck its what you like

with that said i sometimes regret buying a f-150 just because of the owners of the new f-150's. i use to own a ranger and loved it, i could log onto RPS and people would be modifying there rangers in every way, give the best technical advice for anything. the new f-150 is a whole different ball park, you guys sometimes cant even answer questions that are posted or post questions to something that just requires thinking. the only moding f-150 owners do are get nerf bars, daystar, bugshield.

now here in fresno, ca, its the land of chevys, and a good 80% of my friends have one, but i like different and thats why i got a new f150. but i was browsing a chevy board not too long ago and found out that chevy owners have the most pride combined towards their vehicles out of all the others. they customize their trucks, rollpans, shaved gates and/or doors, cusotm suspension work, front clips, mirrors, swapped handles.

so in the end i would have to say that ford owners are plain.

this is soley based on my opinion and what i have seen so you can insery pathetic excuse here.

Old 08-28-2004, 05:19 PM

I suddenly feel very inadequate...

My self esteem is at an all-time low. What mods should we be getting so that we won't be "plain" anymore?

Old 08-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Are you serious?

Old 08-28-2004, 06:11 PM
its not too late to go trade your new ford in for a chevy or a dodge. Perhaps some of the owners think the truck is nice the way it is? When i bought my truck i looked at them all too. Was leaning towards the chevy SS but the interior is PLAIN. Maybe they mod their trucks heavily because its PLAIN from the start. What does pride have to do with customizing your truck anyways?

Dan

Last edited by vvyk3d; 08-28-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:19 PM
^^^ What he said. Why mess with what is already good?

Old 08-28-2004, 06:40 PM
This could be the funniest thread I've read in a while. So, you regret your truck purchase because OTHER people are not trickin' out their rides? That's classic! Using your logic, why didn't you get a '95 civic and start moddin' it up baby!! Those owners LOVE to mod their cars, and I'm sure you can find riceforums.com chock full of helpful hints!

Seriously, who gives a crap what others are doing with their trucks? The aftermarket truck accessory market is catching up to the new design, and like F-150s of the past, you'll be able to choose from a dizzying amount of mods. So go buy them. Install them. Show them off. If I had a fat budget for mods, I'd make them too. I think many of us just blew 20-40k and *MIGHT* not have another 10k lyin' around to mod out.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Wait wait dzervit...you mean people have bills and things they need to pay instead of putting all their cash into their cars/trucks?? NO WAY!! What a concept.

Heres something else for a nice little laugh. You might be a ricer if...

Dan

Old 08-28-2004, 06:55 PM
intellectually challenged

Old 08-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by vvyk3d
Wait wait dzervit...you mean people have bills and things they need to pay instead of putting all their cash into their cars/trucks?? NO WAY!! What a concept.
I know!!! I was shocked when I get these things in the mail demanding money!!! WTF?! I have to PAY for this stuff? Man, I'm moving to a communist country!!!

Old 08-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Well just to put it in perspective for you, the 2004 Ford F150 is already a great looking truck. It is not neccessary to mod it to make it look good, unlike the chevys, which takes a LOT to make it look good. If you want to mod your truck whats holding you back? Do what you want to it. And if you dont know how then pay someone else that can do what you want, problem solved.

Old 08-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by dzervit
This could be the funniest thread I've read in a while. So, you regret your truck purchase because OTHER people are not trickin' out their rides? That's classic! Using your logic, why didn't you get a '95 civic and start moddin' it up baby!! Those owners LOVE to mod their cars, and I'm sure you can find riceforums.com chock full of helpful hints!

Seriously, who gives a crap what others are doing with their trucks? The aftermarket truck accessory market is catching up to the new design, and like F-150s of the past, you'll be able to choose from a dizzying amount of mods. So go buy them. Install them. Show them off. If I had a fat budget for mods, I'd make them too. I think many of us just blew 20-40k and *MIGHT* not have another 10k lyin' around to mod out.

Thanks for the laugh.
Exactly what dzervit said--^

OMG...That is the gooffyest $**t I have heard on this forum ever!

Old 08-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Already been said...but I see no reason to mod my truck beyond what I've done (splash guards, floor mats, bed mat and bed cover). It's perfect as is (mine). Plus, I couldn't go asking my wife to agree to spend even MORE money after buying an expensive vehicle like this. I bought what I wanted. That's the best why to explain it. I see no logic in buying something you'll just have to mod the hell out of. Unless of course the factory doesn't install certain accessories like bed covers and so on. I'll upgrade the stereo some day...but I can't see doing too much else than I already have.

An old song comes to mind...LOL Don't goooo changin'....to try to please meeeee...I love you just the way you arrrrrre

Old 08-28-2004, 09:08 PM
double post - oops

Last edited by lariatf150; 08-29-2004 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:13 PM
that Anthony,such an opinionated lad he is ....
wait .. mod that

Quick Reply: f-150 owners are "plain"