f-150 owners are "plain"

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking timeslips

hey hellbound your right on the money here. my slips are posted under f150 i was just browsing general chat and found your letter its great and i'll tell you its right on the money. i want to bust the chevys and dodges *** ( in a 4x4 truck no less) GO FORD. by the way i'm a retired disabled veteran my self.

Old 08-29-2004, 01:24 PM
In reference to speed and these trucks over the small amount of time ive been at this forum reading and asking questions ive seen quite a few people with go fast cars. Mustangs lightnings etc. I for one would rather put my go fast parts in my grand national vs a 5300lb beast. Would i like my truck faster, sure. Do i really wanna pay 93octane for a truck that gets me around town, not really. If i had a chevy id want to make it faster cuz it certainly doesnt look very nice inside or out. And dodge, well.....they are dodge

Other issues that keep me and perhaps others from the performance mod scene are warranty concerns. yeah yeah they cant void your warranty unless its related blah blah....dealers can do whatever they want cuz they have more money than you. Modding this truck is kinda like ricing it out in my opinion. Your gonna spend quite a bit of money to run 16s. I dont get why all the people that want a truck that runs faster than sports cars didnt buy a lightning. They are certainly cheaper than some of the f150s out there.

Old 08-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by vvyk3d (snip)
I dont get why all the people that want a truck that runs faster than sports cars didnt buy a lightning. They are certainly cheaper than some of the f150s out there.
A fast luxurious 55 hundred pound truck is the ultimate, that's why. I can’t wait till the 9100 is available!

Old 08-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Re: f-150 owners are "plain"

Originally posted by asinatra

this is soley based on my opinion and what i have seen so you can insery pathetic excuse here.
I guess you havent seen the lightning owners then.

31C

Old 08-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Other issues that keep me and perhaps others from the performance mod scene are warranty concerns. yeah yeah they cant void your warranty unless its related blah blah....dealers can do whatever they want cuz they have more money than you. Modding this truck is kinda like ricing it out in my opinion. Your gonna spend quite a bit of money to run 16s. I dont get why all the people that want a truck that runs faster than sports cars didnt buy a lightning. They are certainly cheaper than some of the f150s out there.
Well, I disagree with that. If I am running a low 15 sec 1/4 mile bone stock, how am I only going to pull into the 16's. I will easily be mid 14's withoout NOS or forced induction. I almost did buy a Lighting but decided against it because of the milits it has. Only certain SVT dealers, less space in a Regular Cab format, lower to the ground and if I supercharge mine I will be puttin down 450Hp and 600ft lbs of TQ in a 4850lb truck.

That is the whole thing. I ended up paying total $21,000 for my truck and I only ended up financing $14,900 after rebates and trade. So, it will be bad@$$ to smoke a $30,000 performance vehicle with minimal mods. In fact, aside from a supercharger I can add a tuner, intake, headers, gears, fan kit, pulleys and ignition module for about $2500.00 and get some serious gains out of that.

Last edited by hellbound F-150; 08-29-2004 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Re: Re: f-150 owners are "plain"

Originally posted by 31Charlie
I guess you havent seen the lightning owners then.

31C

Just the tailgates. Just like his Chevy buddies.

This troll has made one post, and then sat back to enjoy watching the results of his handywork.

Last edited by Odin's Wrath; 08-29-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by vvyk3d
its not too late to go trade your new ford in for a chevy or a dodge. Perhaps some of the owners think the truck is nice the way it is? When i bought my truck i looked at them all too. Was leaning towards the chevy SS but the interior is PLAIN. Maybe they mod their trucks heavily because its PLAIN from the start. What does pride have to do with customizing your truck anyways?

Dan
I wanted to explain how short sited he is and why all them others with old style plain trucks need to badly mod them where as Ford's have such class they can stand alone in fact...well Dan you said what I was feeling so well I will just say your 100% right on...Thanks from the group here...Have a nanner...

Old 08-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by BREWDUDE
my opinion...FORD IS THE BEST!!!!
thats right I said it
My opinion is I agree with your opinion 100%...When your right,your right !!! Have a nanner...

Old 08-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by lariatf150
Already been said...but I see no reason to mod my truck beyond what I've done (splash guards, floor mats, bed mat and bed cover). It's perfect as is (mine). Plus, I couldn't go asking my wife to agree to spend even MORE money after buying an expensive vehicle like this. I bought what I wanted. That's the best why to explain it. I see no logic in buying something you'll just have to mod the hell out of. Unless of course the factory doesn't install certain accessories like bed covers and so on. I'll upgrade the stereo some day...but I can't see doing too much else than I already have.

An old song comes to mind...LOL Don't goooo changin'....to try to please meeeee...I love you just the way you arrrrrre
Hey I agree with you as well...

Wow but did anyone tell you you sound just like Vince Gill...cool...have a nanner...

Old 08-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by hellbound F-150
Well, I disagree with that. If I am running a low 15 sec 1/4 mile bone stock, how am I only going to pull into the 16's. I will easily be mid 14's withoout NOS or forced induction. I almost did buy a Lighting but decided against it because of the milits it has. Only certain SVT dealers, less space in a Regular Cab format, lower to the ground and if I supercharge mine I will be puttin down 450Hp and 600ft lbs of TQ in a 4850lb truck.

That is the whole thing. I ended up paying total $21,000 for my truck and I only ended up financing $14,900 after rebates and trade. So, it will be bad@$$ to smoke a $30,000 performance vehicle with minimal mods. In fact, aside from a supercharger I can add a tuner, intake, headers, gears, fan kit, pulleys and ignition module for about $2500.00 and get some serious gains out of that.
Not sure what you are talking about as far as performance.

Your profile states you have a 2004 F150 reg. cab. So I don’t know if that is the heritage style or the new style.

Anyhow here are the specs:

4.6 motor since the 5.4 is not an option for an XL
Heritage – curb weight 4000lb, Horsepower = 231, Torque = 293
New – curb weight 4788lb, Horsepower = 231, Torque = 293

With that you most likely have about 180 – 190 hp to your rear wheels. Stock Lightning’s are putting about 350 – 360 hp to the real wheels and getting approx. 13.5 – 13.9 second runs in the ¼ mile.

With those above specs and being stock you would be lucky to get yourself a mid 17 - 18 second in the ¼ with the Heritage and maybe mid 19 - 21 second with the new model.

There is no way in stock trim you are anywhere close to low 15 seconds. It will cost you thousands to get an XL stock F150 into the mid to high 15’s and you will need a blower or turbo and most likely some Nitrous to even think about making a 15 second run…

” I can add a tuner, intake, headers, gears, fan kit, pulleys and ignition module for about $2500.00 and get some serious gains out of that.”
All that the tuner, intake, headers and fan kit might gain you about 15 – 25 rear wheel hp. The headers, gears, pulley and ignition won’t gain you anything for hp, if you had a blower or turbo they might help some but not much. Gears and pulleys (non-supercharger) won’t gain you any hp.

In any regards all that might cut your mid 17 – mid 18 seconds by 0.5 seconds so you might want to think about that if all that is really going to cost you $2,500

Old 08-29-2004, 06:59 PM
WOW! That's an incredible eulogy!

I just bought my F150 on Monday.........

But now I'M SCARED TO DEATH because I'm looking for some "nerf bars", and it falls within your criteria of being somebody plain...

ok...ok....ok...... I already installed my new TRUXEDO Lo-Profile Tonneau (which I'm VERY happy with!)........

but I REALLY DO like my 5.4 XLT mostly stock!
I am entertaining the idea of getting some "duals" with a "Magnaflow"................

would that get me out of the "plain" category????
No, I guess not.........

but that's exactly why our boys are fighting for us overseas.....
so that some jerk CANNOT tell me what to drive!

And as far as a CHEBBY goes...... I looked at 'em, I've "owned" 'em..... and I don't like 'em!

GLTA!

Old 08-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Not sure what you are talking about as far as performance.

Your profile states you have a 2004 F150 reg. cab. So I don’t know if that is the heritage style or the new style.

Anyhow here are the specs:

4.6 motor since the 5.4 is not an option for an XL
Heritage – curb weight 4000lb, Horsepower = 231, Torque = 293
New – curb weight 4788lb, Horsepower = 231, Torque = 293

With that you most likely have about 180 – 190 hp to your rear wheels. Stock Lightning’s are putting about 350 – 360 hp to the real wheels and getting approx. 13.5 – 13.9 second runs in the ¼ mile.

With those above specs and being stock you would be lucky to get yourself a mid 17 - 18 second in the ¼ with the Heritage and maybe mid 19 - 21 second with the new model.

There is no way in stock trim you are anywhere close to low 15 seconds. It will cost you thousands to get an XL stock F150 into the mid to high 15’s and you will need a blower or turbo and most likely some Nitrous to even think about making a 15 second run…

All that the tuner, intake, headers and fan kit might gain you about 15 – 25 rear wheel hp. The headers, gears, pulley and ignition won’t gain you anything for hp, if you had a blower or turbo they might help some but not much. Gears and pulleys (non-supercharger) won’t gain you any hp.

In any regards all that might cut your mid 17 – mid 18 seconds by 0.5 seconds so you might want to think about that if all that is really going to cost you $2,500

Really? That is amazing my friend because I happen to have a 2004 F-150 "XL" Regular Cab Short Bed Pickup with a 5.4L engine and a 3.73LS differential in a 4x2 configuration sitting in my driveway. How do you explain that? I even have some 1/8th mile time slips in the hot summer weather I can post of a 10.0@70.5 mph. A 10.0@70.5 in the conversion chart (which usually robs you of a few tenths) says I run a 15.7 in the 1/4. Well, I have personally ran 15.3@89mph in the 1/4.

Also, my best run of 9.95@71.5mph in the 1/8th was in early Spring bone stock. Oh, and yes, I have the NEW body style. I'll post some pics in a minute. Do some research before you speak man.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Here is my truck:

http://ourworld.cs.com/Deepgraymatter/000_00051.JPG

Here is truck with track number on it

http://ourworld.cs.com/Deepgraymatter/000_0083.JPG

Here is my engine:

http://ourworld.cs.com/Deepgraymatter/000_0040.JPG

Here is my timeslip (note the #210 on the slip) In mid-summer in Florida...100 degrees and 100% humidity.

http://ourworld.cs.com/Deepgraymatter/timeslp.jpg

Here I am with some greetings: Just kidding though...flaming ya man. Dont freak out.

http://ourworld.cs.com/Deepgraymatter/000_0013.JPG

That was my worst time at the track too. the other one I had was in 75 degree weather and 100% humidity in Florida. Again, it was a 9.95@71.5mph.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ConcreteGuy
My opinion is I agree with your opinion 100%...When your right,your right !!! Have a nanner...
I also agree with ConcreteGuy 100%. 2004 F150’s look awesome to start with; they don’t need extreme mods, just subtle ones do the trick.

Have a couple of big nanners to chew on

Old 08-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by hellbound F-150
Also, my best run of 9.95@71.5mph in the 1/8th was in early Spring bone stock. Oh, and yes, I have the NEW body style. I'll post some pics in a minute. Do some research before you speak man.
15.5? ok if that’s what you say then you have an amazing motor under the hood seeing some of the best times out there for the new 5.4 in the new 2004 body style manage a best of 16.9 – 17.2 at 78 – 80mph in the ¼ and 0-60 somewhere around 9.2 – 9.6…

Anyhow, everyone but you will need a lot more then just a few bolt-ons to get in the 15 second range let alone 14 seconds…

By the way, do you have any links that provide the kind of performance specs you are stating you have?

Quick Reply: f-150 owners are "plain"