Expedition / Navigator

99 Expo Mild Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if you reacall I have this mess in my truck currently.....
Name:  27-Copy_zpsa10d66cd.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  442.2 KB

Well its all coming out.

What the new plan is now is three 8" Arc subs in the factory location, behind a new press grill. as well as an amp rack partially flushed into the drivers side rear panel on top of the HVAC system. Both sides will get some LED treatment as well. With the addition of another amp (3 total, a DSP and a different (and modded) 6.5" speaker up front in the 3way this system is going for more of an SQ setup. Pics to come hopefully this weekend if not early next week.

Ok didnt get as far as I wanted to this weekend at all due to some random crazy crap but here's what I did get done.

Removed everything from the trunk. rewired a 6 channel amp into a temp setup and took a tone of measurements to really start the plan out.

all empty.

Name:  D7020ABB-2263-4DC1-B6C2-98EF2665A4A1_zpszcd255rx.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  175.1 KB

The passenger side sub box couldnt be saved. 2 nut serts spun when I was removing them so it got destryed pulling them out. But the Drivers side was perfect. If any one wants it its up for sale LOL

Old 10-10-2016, 07:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I guess more people mod Tahoe's then Expeditions thats why. I have a friend that has a 2000 2wd Expo with a bad motor and he is looking to get rid of it. He wants too much money for it but bagging my truck would be so much easier with a 2wd frame under it.

If that deal doesn't happen I'm thinking of fitting the suspension from an 06 Expedition to my truck. This way I would eliminate the torsion bars and use Ride Techs Shock Waves in the front. I'm not looking to lay frame, I just want to sit it on the tires at shows.

Quick Reply: 99 Expo Mild Build