Expedition / Navigator

Damnit...2 days and I already got a problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holy **** man, youve been through some real hell, im really glad that someone is actually sticking it to the dealers and making 100% sure that they make their messups right

i really hope everything works out good for you

Old 07-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this morning almost broke me...I'm so fed up with the entire process that I almost just said F' it.

The issue has been running my life since April...it just needs to be done

Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Union washboys. Everybody has to start somewhere and some make it up the ladder. I'm not goofin on people that have this job. I wouldn't want it. BUT... in my experience most can't their head out of their asses let alone figure out how to start a union. In most cases if the customer is already annoyed they at least clean it right. But painting the flares on? you gotta be kidding me.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by stewy 39
But painting the flares on? you gotta be kidding me.
yep...I used my pinkie nail to break the paint seal on 2 of the fender flares.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Sounds like you need to put that web site back up.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Just FYI, I think I would let the minor issuse you mentioned on the Bullit go.

I would not let them paint on it if it were mine. I was sort of afraid back when you started this thread that there would be issues with letting a dealer paint on a new vehichel. Its alwasy been my expercince that no dealer or any body shop can truely duplicate a factory paint job.

I am really worried that if they try and paint match that metalic green on the bullit, you will always know where they painted it. It is impossible to ever get a metalic color matched exact. A little to much metalic in the mix its lighter in certan lighting, not enough its darker in certan lighting.

I didn't even let the dealer wash my 09 Xpy when it came in. They scratched my last black KR F250 a couple years ago durring the dealer prep.

This time I told them they could check the fluids as required by ford, otherwise don't tuch it. That I would clean it myself.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:30 AM
Tylus,
New to the forum but not a new to Ford dealer bullshiz
I stumbled upon your thread and just cannot believe the the pain and agony that you have endured! And I assume your doing this all without any good MEDS! I could not, would not, have had the patience like you do!
The deal you made concerning the website HonoluluFordSucks.com does that apply to other's that can put up the site by proxy for you? I would be glad too!
Keep kickin!

Old 07-15-2009, 06:21 AM

no, the deal was only between myself and the dealer. But since we have a contract drawn up with signatures, I ain't pushing that issue

I'm supposed to get my Expy tomorrow sometime. This is their last chance to fix it. After this, they ain't touching it again.
I need to speak with my lawyer again to make sure my behind is covered, but if I have more issues...well GoDaddy.com offers you discounts based on the # of sites you buy.

I figure I can easily get 12-13 websites for $100.

That would cover a huge spectrum of the Dealerships website.

But, I'm going to be patient. Ford Customer Satisfaction people are saying they'll give me a 5yr/75k PremiumCare ESP since I have been nice to them about the whole ordeal...that or a Maintenance Plan. I'd rather have the Sync Add-On package, but they can't swing that unfortunately

Current total of days without my Expy is 41 (including tomorrow)...wait, I guess you could say today since it is 12:20

but yeah, no Meds or other "helpers". not into that scene. don't even drink

Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
put up as many websites as you can so when people research them on the net they will know to stay away! That place is horrible!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 02:52 AM

came back fixed about 95% today. I think that is the best I'll ever get. Happy for the most part overall.

The only way to get 100% fixed would require a 100% respray...and the Body Shop has already told me they would require 1 month for that

Was going to get pictures bit the sky's dumped all over her on the drive home. Try in the morning

Old 07-16-2009, 09:00 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Good to hear it has improved man

Old 07-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Holy crap dude, what an ordeal, not sure what I would have done in your case, but you sure taught me a lesson to really inspect what I buy, and if I find any issues, to keep a very detailed diary of chronological events! Glad that it is *almost* to your liking.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Wow man, been following the thread and you have more patience than me. I would have created the website too. Soon after receiving the vehicle in that condition I would have driven it through the dealership's showroom window. Just sounds to bad. So lemon law an option?

Quick Reply: Damnit...2 days and I already got a problem