Would this sound good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more question for you guys. The "gotts" mod, what is this really. I just purchased an Edge Evolution, is there a way that could take care of hte O2 sensor lights or how would i do this? I havent taken the cats off yet, but going to here at somepoint.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ It is a few parts from radio shack that fool the computer into thinking that the cats are working properly thus not throwing a CEL. I believe that the EDGE will also have an option in it to just simply delete the rear o2 so you won't have to worry about the mod.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the tune...

Old 01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own an exhaust shop and I would not take off the cats. For one it is against federal law to remove a pollution control device (i.e converters), regardless of what state, county, or city you live in. I don't feel that x-pipes offer any advantage over h-pipes and I personally don't care for them because most of the aftermarket ones break in the center. I use h-pipes on all of my trucks. 40 series are a great muffler and the truck will sound great. Don't fall for the Super 40 of Super 44 gimmick they are nothing more than a waste of money. Flowmaster lost the patent on the original 40 series a few years ago so they are pushing the other lines that they make more money on. I bet that 90% of people will not notice the sound difference but they will notice the 20-40 dollars more they are going to spend. What gets me is that alot of people want to do all this work and leave the stock manifolds. I would leave the cats they are there for a reason and they do serve a purpose.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
^ I changed out my H pipe to X for the sound difference, and I'm glad I did...

Old 01-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by huffmuff
I own an exhaust shop and I would not take off the cats. For one it is against federal law to remove a pollution control device (i.e converters), regardless of what state, county, or city you live in. I don't feel that x-pipes offer any advantage over h-pipes and I personally don't care for them because most of the aftermarket ones break in the center. I use h-pipes on all of my trucks. 40 series are a great muffler and the truck will sound great. Don't fall for the Super 40 of Super 44 gimmick they are nothing more than a waste of money. Flowmaster lost the patent on the original 40 series a few years ago so they are pushing the other lines that they make more money on. I bet that 90% of people will not notice the sound difference but they will notice the 20-40 dollars more they are going to spend. What gets me is that alot of people want to do all this work and leave the stock manifolds. I would leave the cats they are there for a reason and they do serve a purpose.
When its a truck, most people only want sound, and they change only what is needed for sound. If they want more sound and power, they work their way up towards the engine.

X pipes wont make a giant difference, but the crossflow and combination of the exhaust banks aids for a much better scavenging effect and it is healthier for low end performance.

H pipes also give you the real heard of the engine sound too, left tip is literally the left bank of the engine, right bank is the right. The X pipe will balance it to where the sound is about exact in both pipes for tone.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM
^ Well put guy...

Quick Reply: Would this sound good?