magnaflow is absolutely killin me here

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down magnaflow is absolutely killin me here

Wow. Ok, I ordered a magnaflow 22" Si/So muffler from stylin trucks the wednesday before Thanksgiving...They price matched another site...Stylin' has been great....magnaflow on the other hand...

I called this past friday to see where the hell my order was, and they said they talked to magnaflow and they hadnt even seen the order yet...so i called Stylin back today, who got a hold of magnaflow...they said ANOTHER 4-7 DAYS until it will be shipped out. Plus the 4-6 days in shipping to get from Magnaflow in CA all the way to florida. Im pissed.

If i wouldve known it wouldve been a month before I got my muffler, I wouldve considered other options...

Old 12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Should have ordered through Summit or Performance Peddler. Excellent prices and always in stock and 3 - 5 day ship times.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Okay, thanks man Im going to check them out...I'm cancelling my order if they have it in stock

Old 12-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Dont believe everything you here, first did Stylin show it in stock when ordered? I would cancel my order and oder from another company thayt shows it in stock.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:26 PM
I ordered my exhaust from StylinTrucks and it was shipped super fast. This is bad time of year for production...things slow down and its hard to push stuff out. I just went through this with my body lift through suspensionconnection. I finally told them to get it expedited or I would cancel my order. They got PA to send it next day air on their dime. Let them know that you mean business...but don't be a ****. If that makes any sense...

Old 12-07-2009, 04:54 PM

meh, thats why I just went to a shop that would do the pipes how I wanted and used what they recommended to me based on what I told them.

Not only did I get the pipes how I wanted them ran, I got a great sounding muffler ( knock-off it may be ) for a great price all in one place.

I was even allowed to show him how and where I wanted my pipes bent, and once again he either agreed or showed me a better way, the same for the hangers, I requested 2 extra hangers than he was going to use, I am sure that three would have held it, but i wanted to make sure.

Good luck with that though, not everyone is so lucky as me to have such a great local shop.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Lightbulb

wow...haha stylin trucks needs to get their **** together...

shortly after this post, I called performance peddler, (thanks Darren ), and I told them the part number I was looking for, he immediately checked Magnaflow's stock, and they had 19 of them in stock....

So then I called magnaflow directly, the woman i talked to was very nice and more than helpful, and she proceeded to look up my P.O., and found it. And tracked it. She said it will be ON MY DOORSTEP TOMORROW. It shipped like 4 days ago..

THANKS STYLIN TRUCKS

Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 AM
PerformancePeddler is great to deal with. Got my cat back from them and they were super helpful in getting on Cherry Bomb's *** about my lost order. I even got an extra set of tips somehow.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:16 AM

Good to hear you got a track number and that you are set straight now.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Got the Polished 22" muffler in yesterday, and man is it beautiful

Stopped by my local magnaflow/flowmaster dealing muffler shop and asked them a price to:

-install a 2.5" to 3" exhaust adapter somwhere after the cat.
-bend and run 3" piping from adapter to the muffler
-Bend and run 3" piping back to a 45 deg. exit, and weld on the RBP Tip adapter (3" to 4")

(the RBP Tip clamps on to the adapter)

I am going to have them add a hanger right at the adapter, due to the weight of the tip.

any other things i need to make sure they do with that set up??

They can be sure i will be watching like a hawk s

Old 12-09-2009, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by svt4lyfe
-install a 2.5" to 3" exhaust adapter somwhere after the cat.
Immediately after the Y pipe.

Quick Reply: magnaflow is absolutely killin me here