Where is the support for the 09-10s

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the support for the 09-10s

The new platform is on its second year now and I dont see to much support for it in terms of exhausts and what not. What are all of you doing in terms of exhausts? Ive always been a fan of buying aftermarket systems instead of just going down to the local muffler shop (even though this is the cheaper route). Anyone know if Corsa plans to do anything with the new F-150s? I went to Magnaflows site and couldnt find anything but on autoanything.com there were a few systems listed. If anyone on here as a actual catback system please post up what brand and how you like it. Thanks guys

-Leonard

Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by used2vtec
The new platform is on its second year now and I dont see to much support for it in terms of exhausts and what not. What are all of you doing in terms of exhausts? Ive always been a fan of buying aftermarket systems instead of just going down to the local muffler shop (even though this is the cheaper route). Anyone know if Corsa plans to do anything with the new F-150s? I went to Magnaflows site and couldnt find anything but on autoanything.com there were a few systems listed. If anyone on here as a actual catback system please post up what brand and how you like it. Thanks guys

-Leonard

I just bought the Magnaflow muffler and will taking it down to the muffler shop(this weekend if time permits) to have it welded in.

Not to get off topic here, but the reason I didn't go with duals, I'm really unsure if this will pass Massachusetts inspection. The shop told me that starting in Jan 2010 MA will not allow louder than normal mufflers. They said the maggie I bought will not pass.

I did however check the RMV website for MA and it say vehicles must be equipped with a muffler to reduce noise. It's doesn't go into further detail, so I'll see in July.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I hate the sound of Corsa, but most likely yes. And year ranges dont matter, companies are slow and in struggle in this economy to keep up with things, go custom fabbed by shop.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
I hate the sound of Corsa, but most likely yes. And year ranges dont matter, companies are slow and in struggle in this economy to keep up with things, go custom fabbed by shop.
Theres 2 reasons why I prefer to buy a complete catback system. First off, it allows me to keep my entire stock catback in case I want to put it back to stock. Although over the years I have had 5 cars and never put anyone of them back to stock. Secondly when you go the custom route you really dont know what its going to sound like. Its almost like you are gambling on the sound, hit or miss. Maybe I should research some custom set ups from the previous gens considering its basically the same engine.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:37 PM

-Leonard
Maganflow's site has systems for 09-10 F150's. Did you just not find one you liked?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by JRVicHammer
Maganflow's site has systems for 09-10 F150's. Did you just not find one you liked?
Lol, im not sure what I clicked on when I was looking there. Thanks for your help. They do have the one I want, the dual side exit behind rear tire .

Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 PM

Well I personally know what my custom exhausts will sound like, because i've done my research and know my stuff...

Old 10-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Well I personally know what my custom exhausts will sound like, because i've done my research and know my stuff...
Thats because U DA MAN . Me on the other hand I cant find to much info on the newer trucks so I guess I just dont know my stuff. Thanks for your help .

Old 10-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya, and ur also spending double on what you would for a custom set up. you can replicate a cat back system for half the price, by buying the materials yourself online...but its ur wallet, not mine.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:20 AM

Thats because U DA MAN . Me on the other hand I cant find to much info on the newer trucks so I guess I just dont know my stuff. Thanks for your help .
The new 5.4 & 4.6s sound the same as '04 '08s FYI . The new 5.4 has not been changed, only now has a 6spd behind it so the shifts would sound quicker, and you would hear 6 shifts instead of 4, damn it i want a 6spd.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by migdaddy
ya, and ur also spending double on what you would for a custom set up. you can replicate a cat back system for half the price, by buying the materials yourself online...but its ur wallet, not mine.
Why is it when someone wants to order a complete bolt on exhaust all of the custom exhaust owners say how much cheaper theirs is? I don't have a doubt that I can almost replicate a exhasut by taking it to a exhaust shop. My dilemma is what do I do once I do a custom one and the shop hacks up my stock exhaust? I like the simplicity of being able to change out my entire exhaust in my garage with simple hand tools. As I mentioned earlier, in the past I have kept all of my stock parts and when I got rid of the car the new owner wanted all of those parts. I look at it like yeah im spending a couple hundred more but I if I need to put it back to stock for inspection or whatever reason for that matter I can do it right at home with simple hand tools. I was never saying that one is better than the other but I like to have the option of going back to the way the truck came from the factory.

Last edited by used2vtec; 10-21-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
The new 5.4 & 4.6s sound the same as '04 '08s FYI . The new 5.4 has not been changed, only now has a 6spd behind it so the shifts would sound quicker, and you would hear 6 shifts instead of 4, damn it i want a 6spd.
Darren, I agree with you 100% on the motors being the same. However, manufacturers like to do different things with their exhausts from year to year. Sometimes they like to sneak in a resonator or two and take some stuff away. These minor things will make the exhaust sound different from year to year. I guess as time goes on people will start to mod the newer trucks and I can learn from their experiences. I only like to do things one time if you know what I mean.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:37 PM

My dilemma is what do I do once I do a custom one and the shop hacks up my stock exhaust?
Unbolt it in your driveway & drive to the shop open Y pipe I see what you mean about going back to the factory setup though, does make sense.

Darren, I agree with you 100% on the motors being the same. However, manufacturers like to do different things with their exhausts from year to year. Sometimes they like to sneak in a resonator or two and take some stuff away. These minor things will make the exhaust sound different from year to year. I guess as time goes on people will start to mod the newer trucks and I can learn from their experiences. I only like to do things one time if you know what I mean.
The only new thing I have seen for 09 - 10s is they change the exhaust to entire 2.75", which is barely different than the 2.5" they used to run, and equivalent to the 3" systems cat-back companies use.

Quick Reply: Where is the support for the 09-10s