$268.25 for Magnaflow Cat-Back (15609) The real thing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$268.25 for Magnaflow Cat-Back (15609) The real thing!

Yep... you read it right... $268.25 for a genuine Magnaflow Cat-Back 15609 system!
I have been looking for the best price on this cat-back system and I thought I would share my experience. I first looked on the best resource for F150 trucks… HERE! I found a lot of companies that sell this system but also found that prices can vary greatly. In one of the posts, someone posted that they could get this system for about $270.00 + shipping from a company called Full Line Exhaust. I wanted to first give Mike Troyer a chance to match this price. I called and was told by Mike Troyer that he could not match that price and in fact… he sells it for $385.00. And he said that “anyone selling that kit for less than $350.00 is losing money or going out of business.” Needless to say… he did not match the price. So… I called Full Line Exhaust at 800-467-9917 and talked with Randy. He quoted me $268.25 for the 15609 system with about $30-$40 shipping. I pulled out my credit card so fast I ripped my pants.
The unit was drop shipped directly from Magnaflow to my house and is the real deal. I came home today to find the big white box on my front porch. Contents contain the complete 15609 system with Magnaflow stickers and all.
The price ranges I received from other companies were anywhere from $350 to over $500. I hope this helps everyone here that is looking for a Magnaflow system for a great price. I don’t know what they charge for the other kits but I’m sure you can give them a call. Give Full Line Exhaust a call and save a hundred or more dollars. Their website is http://www.fulllineexhaust.com The website isn’t the best but hey…give them a call. $268.25 or $385 or higher… you choose.

I know what I’m doing this weekend.

Old 07-24-2003, 09:44 PM
I forgot... I will try to take picks and document the install for anyone else who wants to try it on their own. It's my first time doing the exhaust so it may get ugly.

Any suggestions (Besides getting someone else to do it) would be appreciated.

Last edited by storm; 07-24-2003 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Magnaflow Exhaust

Storm, did the system you purchased have a side exit or rear exit? Im looking to buy a system for my 02 FX4 5.4 L. Is the system for the 5.4 the same as for the 4.6? Let me know how the install goes and how it works out for you. Good luck!

Old 07-25-2003, 08:25 PM
The kit I got, 15609, is the side exit. The same as the factory. I believe this is also for the 5.4 but you may want to confirm with a more technical source.

Old 07-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Thumbs up

I installed the cat-back kit this morning. Hardest part was getting the old stuff off the truck. Nothing a grinder with a metal cutting disc can't handle. Cut the pipe behind the muffler, drop the tail pipe out. Cut the clamp from the cat and drop the rest. Took about 1/2 hr to 45 min to get the old stuff off. About 15-20 minutes to get the new stuff on, lined up and bolted down.

If you are looking for sound... this is the one. I wasn't sure how it would sound being a single exit but... DAM... it sounds good. I hope to get some sound bits on my website soon and will post here again. Of course I had to start the engine with no muffler to see how it sounded... I think I woke my neighbors (8am! he he).

Anyway... this was the best $268.25 I've spent on the truck and you can do it yourself. This is the real system as you will see once I get my pictures up on my web site.

Tools I used: Grinder (to remove the U bolts and cut through the old exhaust), BIG pliers (to get the muffler hangers out of the rubber hangers and put the new system back into the rubber hangers(with a little spit for lube... hey... I'm not fancy... I do what works)), Wrenches (To torque down the new U bolts), and 2 ramps (used to drive the right side of the truck up onto to give me more working space between the ground and the truck (Yes... I did this in my driveway and not on a lift!)).

You don't need to spend $500+ or even $385 for this system. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

With the money I've saved... I'm getting a Superchip tuner! $295 including shipping! Yeah Baby... 2 mods for under $600.00!!!!!!! Now that's bang for the buck!

Good luck to all and hope this helps everyone on a tight budget.

Old 07-28-2003, 09:56 AM
Just curious to how long it took to ship from Magnaflow. Sounds almost too good to be true

Old 07-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Does Full Line have the 5x8x18 or 5x8x14 available? I have talked to a few people and most recommend the 18".

Thanks

Old 07-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by RDB2Screw
Just curious to how long it took to ship from Magnaflow. Sounds almost too good to be true
That's what I thought after talking with Mike T., since he is very knowledgeable in these areas, but sure enough... it IS true. I was very leery of ordering the system because I thought it would be some knock-off or scratch and dent or some $%& like that. It isn't. It is brand spanking new and directly shipped by (Car Sound Exhaust System) Magnaflow. Stickers, instructions and warranty card included.

I ordered the system on July 18th and I was told it would not be called in to dropship until Monday, July 21st. I received it on July 25th. Now I will say this... the shipping was more expensive than I thought it should be at $63.95 but I think it was because they express shipped it. You may want to ask them for UPS ground (slow boat cheapest) and see what you get. I didn't specify so I got hit with the higher rate. Even then... my total bill, charged to my card and on the invoice, was only $332.20! Not to shabby considering it sells for $385.00 from Mike and I don't think that includes shipping, which still isn't bad since I just saw it in Performance Products magazine for over $500.00 + shipping! Ouch! I work to hard for my money to waste it.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

I hope to have pictures available soon.

Note: I don't think my neighbors like me anymore. Specially the one with the Dodge Ram.

Last edited by storm; 07-28-2003 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by trojanmike
Does Full Line have the 5x8x18 or 5x8x14 available? I have talked to a few people and most recommend the 18".

Thanks
You would need to call them to find out. The number is in one of my posts above.

I would love to hear from anyone else on what they paid for this same... or even different Magnaflow system. Break out the prices of the system cost and the install cost. I did my own install so price on that is 1 Million dollars (In a Dr. Evil voice) So my price is $1,000,332.20. But seriously... it would be interesting to see what the difference in prices are.

Last edited by storm; 07-28-2003 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Pictures are here!

Picture of my latest undertaking...
http://www.users.voicenet.com/~storm/magnaflow/

It may be slow downloading but... oh well. What's bandwidth worth if you don't use it.

Old 07-29-2003, 12:44 AM
Looks good. If you find out what that thing on the exhaust is let us know. My guess is, it is there for some sound reason maybe to offset a certain hum.

Old 07-29-2003, 12:29 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, for some reason the tip looks different than what I remember seeing pictures from other 15609 owners. Could juts be the angle of the pictures, though. BigDeal's setup.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Huh? I think I have confused myself. I assumed the 15609 went all the way to just behind the cats, thus inclyding a new y pipe also, but from looking at the picyrures and instructions on your instruction sheet, that doesn't seem to be the case. Can anybody clear this up for me? Thanks.

Old 07-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by APT
Hmmm, for some reason the tip looks different than what I remember seeing pictures from other 15609 owners. Could juts be the angle of the pictures, though. BigDeal's setup.
Must be the angle. This is the real thing.

Old 07-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by albow
Huh? I think I have confused myself. I assumed the 15609 went all the way to just behind the cats, thus inclyding a new y pipe also, but from looking at the picyrures and instructions on your instruction sheet, that doesn't seem to be the case. Can anybody clear this up for me? Thanks.
Can someone more technical on the Magnaflows help here? All I know is I wanted the SI/SO and I was able to get it for a killer price I'm sure if you call around... you can also find out what is right for you... and hopefully get a great price also. Good luck.

Quick Reply: $268.25 for Magnaflow Cat-Back (15609) The real thing!