$268.25 for Magnaflow Cat-Back (15609) The real thing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the info. It's a just in front of the muffler back system. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2003, 08:48 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No aftermarket kits for F-150's replace the factory y-pipe. Muffler back is more accurate.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:53 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks ATP. I didn't know that. I wonder now if the local shops I have been calling on the phone were quoting me duals from right at the y pipe or all the way to the cats?

Old 07-30-2003, 04:03 AM
Thanks storm,

I've bookmarked that site for when my Gibson rusts out.
I like to save money too, and don't enjoy just giving it away.

Regards
Habibi

Old 07-30-2003, 06:58 AM
APT
albow, most likely they are quoting using a SIDO muffler and two tail pipes. Unless you specify, I would find it hard to believe they plan to cut the factory y-pipe. Most people don't care and it costs less to keep the OEM one.

Old 07-30-2003, 07:09 AM
Smile

Originally posted by Habibi
Thanks storm,

I've bookmarked that site for when my Gibson rusts out.
I like to save money too, and don't enjoy just giving it away.

Regards
Habibi
Habibi,
You are welcome. Just trying to save people money. Those that read this that don't want to save money... Please send me some of that extra cash.

Good luck to all.

Old 08-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Yep , I called them about a month ago and got the same setup fro m Full Line. I think I paid $2 less. I got muine in 3 days from the People's Republic of California. It's the real deal.

BrewMonkey

Old 08-02-2003, 10:34 PM
On another post, someone just paid $385.00 (and I guess tax) plus $50.00 to have it installed. So... that's about $408 with tax and add the $50.00 and the system cost $458. Seems high but to each their own.

I'm just real curious how there can be so much of a difference in prices here. We're talking base price of $385 vs $268. That's a difference of $117.00 for the same exact system!
I would love to see the differences on other Magnaflow, or other, systems out there. Share your prices... good or bad.

What did it cost you for your system? Did you install it or have it installed and if you had it installed... how much was it to get it installed?

I would also like to hear what peoples experiences are with getting a system installed that you didn't purchase from the installer. I have a friend who is thinking of getting a system for his truck, and he would like to save money by getting a system though Full Line, but he doesn't know much about box with 4 wheels with pedal on floor that make it go vroom.

Old 08-03-2003, 02:50 PM
I tried calling full line yesterday but I guess they were closed. I am ready to buy my exhaust but would really like to get the 18". From what i'm getting, you recieved the 22" version?

Mike

Old 08-03-2003, 11:07 PM
I bought the Magnaflow system from Full Line exhaust for $312 including tax and shipping. It was shipped directly from Car Sounds Exhaust System Inc and showed up on my doorstep the day after I placed the order. It came with all the registration cards and stickers. I measured the muffler. The ends are flush without any crimped edges. It measured 24-inches long, so I don’t know if this makes it the 22- or 24- inch version.

I did my own install. It took me the better part of a morning to do. The hardest part was removing the old system. A couple of things to help you if you install your own:
1) Spray some penetrating oil on the clamp nuts and some silicone lubricant on the OEM rubber insulators the night before;
2) Unbolt the clamps instead of cutting them off; see #5 below;
3) Remove your spare tire. It provides needed room when removing and installing the muffler;
4) Cut/slit the end of the front muffler extension tube parallel with the tube and pry open the slit to make room to remove the tube. The original clamp crimped the tube and I struggled to get it off. I had both feet on the muffler, held onto a cross member, and tried to squat the muffler off. Didn’t work. I finally slit the tube with a Dremel cut-off wheel and pried the edges out. It came out with a minimum of work after that. Be careful when cutting. The tubing is only half as thick as the tailpipe tubing!
5) Be careful installing and torquing the 2-1/2” clamp. I had mine tight and did not like the position. I tried to loosen the nut and sheared the nut off. I ended up using one of my old “U” bolts with the new clamping ring. On Monday, I’ll see what Magnaflow says about the bolt.

I don’t think the truck lost any bottom end. I’ll know tomorrow when I pull a small grade on the way to work. Hopefully, the torque converter will stay locked because of the extra power. It is a little louder when starting up and when you get on it, but I love the sound. I’m glad I did it.

Dave

Old 08-03-2003, 11:33 PM
I would also like to hear what peoples experiences are with getting a system installed that you didn't purchase from the installer.

Hi!

When I bought my Gibson exhaust, I took it down to the local Speedy muffler shop, and they installed it for 20 bucks.

Habibi

Old 08-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Thanks Storm, the new exhaust arrived this morning, can't wait to get it on tonight. You saved me a bunch of money, but now i'll have to buy more beer "woot". Randy at Full Line was great help and worked to save me $ on the shipping. Once again "Thanks" for the tip. Oh yea the price was 268.25 +38.27 sh = 306.52 shipped Georgia to Missouri.

I would also like to note that the people at Troyer Performance were very helpful and friendly it was merely the price that took me elswhere.

Last edited by RDB2Screw; 08-07-2003 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:26 PM
I also recieved my exhaust from Full Line today. I still plan on buying my Air Force intake from Mike though in the next few months.

Mike

Last edited by trojanmike; 08-07-2003 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:39 PM
Can someone post a link directly to the page to order? I can't seem to find it, maybe I just suck at the internet or something.

Old 08-08-2003, 02:44 AM
You cannot order online. I just called 800-467-9917 and spoke with Randy.

Good Luck!
Mike

Quick Reply: $268.25 for Magnaflow Cat-Back (15609) The real thing!