2001 F-150 SuperCrew Cruise Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If both the fuses for the Cruise control and the recall test good, and the switch tests good, and the lights don't flash, that leads me to a SWAG of the servo is the issue.

I don't have my '01 Shop manual ( someone else is using it ) to get any additional to confirm this SWAG.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
If both the fuses for the Cruise control and the recall test good, and the switch tests good, and the lights don't flash, that leads me to a SWAG of the servo is the issue.

I don't have my '01 Shop manual ( someone else is using it ) to get any additional to confirm this SWAG.
Maybe this means something----when i am running the test with the key off/push off button/ turn key on./ light flashes/ push on button/ light flashes......I hear a bump like the servo is engaging when I am seated in the truck.

When my wife does the test and I am under the hood, I hear a flutter type noise come from the throtle body area. I hear no bump just a flutter.

Get back in the seat, run test...hear a bump. What am I hearing?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
There is a self-test system, cruise control. By pressing the button and hold the cruise control when turning the ignition key to RUN, do not you start the truck, the light blinks once crossed, to let you know that cruise control in self-test, five additional low-power chips indacate, let the switch and cruise within 5 seconds, press the other switches in the correct order to speed up on the central coast and set /, when the light flashes speedometer is pushed to each switch, while it does not flash, then flash a code, when the post office, and I'll let you know what it is, after the cruise, the throttle lever to the actuator and cable.Make sure the throttle to idle and turn the key to the test. Hope this helps.
Vistaprint Coupons

Last edited by Charleserion; 05-24-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Charleserion
There is a self-test system, cruise control. By pressing the button and hold the cruise control when turning the ignition key to RUN, do not you start the truck, the light blinks once crossed, to let you know that cruise control in self-test, five additional low-power chips indacate, let the switch and cruise within 5 seconds, press the other switches in the correct order to speed up on the central coast and set /, when the light flashes speedometer is pushed to each switch, while it does not flash, then flash a code, when the post office, and I'll let you know what it is, after the cruise, the throttle lever to the actuator and cable.Make sure the throttle to idle and turn the key to the test. Hope this helps.
With all due respect.... I haven't got a clue what you are trying to tell me. What about the "Post Office"?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by rabbitrandy
With all due respect.... I haven't got a clue what you are trying to tell me. What about the "Post Office"?
Attempt at describing the self test in post #44 above.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Cruise control repair

2001 F150 Super Crew

Cruise quit working.

Checked all fuses, all good.

No flash codes when doing key off, key on holding off button.

conducted all test on pin plug to servo, all tested good.

Conducted test on cruise control release switch located on master cylinder. Switch had fluid in it. Jump the harness with paper clip and cruise began working.

It is my understanding that is what causes the fires on these trucks.

What saved my truck I dont know. 2amp fuse on recall harness was ok.

Replacement switch part number CCS1 purchased from Advanced Auto $28. [lifetime warranty]

Many thanks to SScully for his help and patience helping me trouble shoot this problem.

Randy

Last edited by rabbitrandy; 04-14-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 04-14-2012, 11:04 AM

Glad to hear it was an inexpensive repair money wise. Time wise it took you a bit of time, but it is better than paying someone else to follow directions.

Glad it is running now, thank you for the follow up to the thread.

Last edited by SSCULLY; 04-14-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Self-test mode

Okay I did the self-test mode and the only time the cruise light flashed is when I held the off button and turned the key to on but didn't flash on any of of the other three set accel, res, coast so what does that mean. ??? It used to flash when I would try to use it then for a couple days it dis work now just doesn't work at all doesn't even flash on the dash.

Quick Reply: 2001 F-150 SuperCrew Cruise Control Issue