2001 F-150 SuperCrew Cruise Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GIJoeCam
Did it fix the problem?

-Joe

Oh Yes it did. I did the test for the cruise and the light flashed on all the tests. Sorry I did not mention that was just happy that the "Cruise" light worked.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by GIJoeCam
Did it fix the problem?

-Joe

Oh. OOPS yes it did.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Question

Originally Posted by chucks bp
Within 5 seconds of the first lt flash that tells you it is in selftest push the other buttons in this order , on , resume , coast , and set/ accel the speed control light will come on as each button is depressed as soon as the light goes out push the next one in the exact sequence immediatly.If the light does not flash when the last button is depressed watch for a series of flashes count them and post the results.

I have the same problem. Did the self test above and I am getting 3 flashes of the cruise light. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 06-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks to everyone who helped me get this far.

I was able to run through the cruise sequence. After I press the set/accel button, the light doesn't blink - but I did get a series of three flashes on the cruise light.

Any advice now?

Thanks again everyone!

Old 06-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by mdelliott76
Thanks to everyone who helped me get this far.

I was able to run through the cruise sequence. After I press the set/accel button, the light doesn't blink - but I did get a series of three flashes on the cruise light.

Any advice now?

Thanks again everyone!

Sounds like we have the same problem, although mine is a 2002 supercrew.

I will let you know if find out anything else!

Chris

Old 06-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Code 3 deals with the deactivation switch, this is the bad boy that is causing all the fires on the f150s It is a small switch with 2 wires on the master cylander To test it go to the cruise control servo and check pin number 9 this is a blabk wire with a yellow tracer on it this wire should have at least 12 volts at pin 9 if not go back and check at the master cylender switch should be 12 volts at the bk/ye wire then check for power at the light green/ red wire if no power is ther chec fuses that supply this circuit. this switch keeps 12 volt power on the module to allow it to work when you push on the brakes and get 125# of brake pressure the switch opens and cuts the power to pin 9 The manual states that this power is supplied by either fuse 13 or fuse 19 in the central junction box That is the one in the truck at the dash, youre manual may be more spacific about which fuse it is. If you have power to pin 9 at the cruse control servo it says the servo is bad????
If you have any other questiona I will try to help!!!

Old 06-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Success!

Thanks Chuck for your help! Great info. Also my brother was able to get a copy of the wiring schematic that helped as well. Cruising like a pro now!

I did the checks as Chuch described and sure enough the brake pressure switch on the master cylinder was the problem. I also did a continuity check on the switch. Normal working switch is closed. Mine had no continuity and the new one did.

Parts was purchased at a local auto parts dealer selling Motorcraft parts. Here's the part number info:
SW-6350 (Motorcraft number i think)
1L1Z-9F924-AA (Ford number i think)
"brake repair kit" (description)
Slightly different design switch with a pig tail
Cost around $15.

Thanks again for the help and info!
Chris

Old 06-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Glad you got it working, sounds as though you got the new recall type switch, that's good now you won't have to worry about fire problems.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey Guys - sorry to ask this question here - but my truck seems to totally lost its mind.

As I said before - I just had the A/C worked on a couple of weeks ago. The cruise went out, yesterday morning I could not get the truck out of park. I posted to the transmission board and received feedback about how to turn the switch to first position, press brake, then move gear shift to neutral, etc. etc.

Yesterday afternoon I tried the above to get out of park. Worked perfectly, well I was going to get my wife some potatoe's from KFC (just had wisdom teeth removed) and I discovered that my windows will not roll down.

What on earth could be going on with my truck? I had a s10 blazer before and it seemed that troubles came in three's.

I thought about my electrical system - could my battery be going down and causing all of these problems? It is the original battery that came in the truck in Aug. 2001. Should I just bite it and go to the Dealership and let them hook it up to see what's going on?

ANy advice would be appreciated for my sick truck.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Two questions first: 1) Is your truck one of the recalled vehicles? Second, if the answer to #1 is no, do your brake lights still work?

I need to check the schematics for the '01 MY again tomorrow at work.... Can't recall the finer points of the '01's wiring.

-Joe

Old 06-16-2005, 05:13 PM
GIJoeCam -

If it is one of the recalled ones, I haven't received a notice. To the best of my knowledge the brake lights do work. I will double check tonight when I get home.

Thanks...

Old 06-16-2005, 09:46 PM
You mention that someone worked on the ac if it was inside work under the dash, I would pull both kick pads left and right, there are grounds on either side ground 200 and 201 sounds as though one or both may be loose or corroded if not loose remove bold and clean with som sand paper and retighten.

Old 06-17-2005, 04:23 PM
GIJoeCam - Checked last night and the break lights do work.

Chucks BP - I'm afraid I may not be that mechanically inclined. I would probably need a fix-this-for-dummies book with pictures to even know what I was looking at.

But yes the A/C work was on the interior, so it could be the problem.

Old 06-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Did the cruise control test and got all blinks...but...

I'm still having trouble with my cruise control system not wanting to activate and now the blinkers won't work. I replaced the #13 fuse (20a) because it blew and I went to use the turn signals and it was blown again. Anyone have an idea of what might be going on? The blinkers, hazards, brake lights (tail lights do work) and cruise control will not work and I've tried to replace the "mini" fuses twice now.

Thanks.

I set an appointment with the dealer for tomorrow and I'll post their findings.

Last edited by bigroj; 06-27-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:47 PM
2001 Screw

The cruise recall was linked to the brake lights, blinkers, hazards not working properly. My local dealership put in the new switch (or whatever the recalled part was) and everything works great.

Quick Reply: 2001 F-150 SuperCrew Cruise Control Issue