Edge trouble

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The CS will have to go to PHP for upgrading, to a gryphon to allow custome tunes.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 AM
No it doesn't. The CS is tunable (custom tunes) via Fusion. There is no hardware or firmware change required.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I got fusion software on my computer does someone email me a tune and then do I download it via fusion to the programmer from my pc and then go from there? At least thats my understanding of it.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by 600Polaris
Well I got my PCM and programmer back from edge. The truck runs but the PCM won't connect to the edge now. They said if I ship that back they will send me the new 550 dollar cs one that's fancier or something so I think I missed out on having the old one. Not quite sure what the difference is between the old one and the new one

I don't know which version of the edge I had. I had the old 4 button with the screen to the right.

Did I do bad getting shipped the new fancy one? Should I have them send back the old one so I can custom tune it? I thought I couldn't custom tune the evo. I didn't even know there were different versions. Wow I sound like a fool.
Did Edge give you a discount on upgrading to the CS? When they stopped servicing the first gen edge, they upgraded me to the evo for like 150 bucks.

Last edited by Glen R; 09-09-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
No it doesn't. The CS is tunable (custom tunes) via Fusion. There is no hardware or firmware change required.
Probably should have checked it out before answering. I had read some where it still had to go to PHP.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Nope free upgrade to cs. I'm pretty happy about it.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Pretty happy I can get custom tunes for my 98 too. Now I got to decide which ones I want. I'm guessing I should not only tell the hex code and serial number but also what I have done to the truck.

Would having a built transmission matter? I certainly don't need firmer shift points at wot it hits second and spins. The tires not just the belt, I haven't gotten the gatorback belt

Old 09-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 600Polaris
Pretty happy I can get custom tunes for my 98 too. Now I got to decide which ones I want. I'm guessing I should not only tell the hex code and serial number but also what I have done to the truck.

Would having a built transmission matter? I certainly don't need firmer shift points at wot it hits second and spins. The tires not just the belt, I haven't gotten the gatorback belt
YES! You need to let Bill know that the transmission is not "stock". When you order tunes, there are entries on the form where you tell Bill about your truck, and what you have done to it.

The more completely you can describe what you have and exactly what you are looking for, the better.

- Jack

Old 09-14-2011, 06:03 PM
New evo cs is in!!! Unfortunately they sent me the diesel one. So now I have to ship back a third time. But gas cs is in the mail today they say with overnight shipping.

I'll have a new cs and I just got new 285 bfg all terrains my truck is gonna be happy

Quick Reply: Edge trouble