PCM reflashed, now neither programmer works. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ford12508
1) Its SCT, not STC.
2) Anyone who doesn't comprehend this should reread the sticky. When you own programmer, you should really figure out how it works before you use it.
Guess I'm not the only retentive guy around here.... I'll fix my re-arranged letters to appease you.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
Guess I'm not the only retentive guy around here.... I'll fix my re-arranged letters to appease you.
I guess that came off the wrong way. I was just saying it as in "Just so you know"

Old 08-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I've been staying out of this
... etc ...
but now I want to TRY to clarify a couple points.

If you have canned tunes, and have set your truck back to stock before the reflash, the programmer should work fine when you get the truck back.
... etc ...

If you have custom tunes, they are written to modify the individual stock calibration YOU have in your truck only.
... etc ...

So finally, before taking your truck to a dealership, ALWAYS set the tune back to stock, regardless of what programmer you use.
... etc ...

If you are taking the truck for an emissions test, DO NOT change the tune back to stock. Emissions testing does not test the "tune",
... etc ...

I know, it was a long read, but hopefully it clears up a few points.

- Jack
Thanks, it cleared several for me, and confirmed what I thought after reading 88's posting. Clear, concise, .... Thanks for the time!

Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by tbear853
Thanks, it cleared several for me, and confirmed what I thought after reading 88's posting. Clear, concise, .... Thanks for the time!
You're most welcome, tbear. It CAN be daunting, especially to someone who doesn't have a background in systems programming. And, trust me, it took me about a year of research to be able to "pontificate" like I do. (And I'm still not sure I'm right!)

- Jack

Old 08-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Well, I have learned more about programming/programers since I started this post. To actually end this story (kindof), was the cams...compression on each cylinder sucked. Of the 8 cylinders, 3 were between the 150-170 psi (good compression), 4 were between 90-130 psi, and cylinder 7 had no compression. Explains why half of the motor was not working (barely working). I am removing the Vortech Supercharger and probably selling it. Also, I'm replacing the Comp cams with OEM. In doing so, I bought the Predator PC Interface Kit for future tuning (and experience). I know I'll have to do some tuning with it being a built motor, extra fuel, bigger tires, gear changes, etc. I will update again sometime next week.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:04 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
so you are spending more money to get less performance????

Old 08-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I am spending money to get my truck back running. Most of you are just like me and can't afford to not have a running vehicle. So, if removing the procharger to fix and determine the problem is the best option...then i'm going with that. Right now, I have too many variables and need to get back to the basics.

Now, once the truck is finally up and running, I can put the procharger back on with a custom tune and go from there. As noted from before, I am learning more everyday and once the truck is actually running right...I start playing with the mods again.

Quick Reply: PCM reflashed, now neither programmer works. HELP!