tuners,tuners which one for me

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuners,tuners which one for me

hi i have a 07screw 5.4 fx4 and was looking a getting a tuner. all i want is that little bit more power. a canned tune will work for me. i just want to install it and go, no dash pods or anything. i'll only run 87 and maybe tow something once a year if that. i just want the best bang for my buck. right now i have just a K&N drop in filter thats it. i am looking at superchips-cortex or flashpaq or if yall have a better suggestion im all ears for it.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
X2.....

Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by dpile
hi i have a 07screw 5.4 fx4 and was looking a getting a tuner. all i want is that little bit more power. a canned tune will work for me. i just want to install it and go, no dash pods or anything. i'll only run 87 and maybe tow something once a year if that. i just want the best bang for my buck. right now i have just a K&N drop in filter thats it. i am looking at superchips-cortex or flashpaq or if yall have a better suggestion im all ears for it.
Someone on this forum is going to have something bad to say about any tuner you choose...I have had the Hypertech and really did not think that I got anything out of it...I just bought a Superchip Flashpac and downloaded the K&N CAI program, I am running the 87 CAI program currently and actually notice a difference...I have a CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Procomp 6" Lift, 35" KM2's and my shift points prior to getting it were way off...I can honestly say that I am happy with what I have...

Old 06-19-2011, 02:49 AM
I have the diablosport predator and it works great for me. It has a lot of 87 octane options. It has performance 87 tunes that are good to tow with. I verified with them. I tow with mine and have no issues. 285 off autoanything.com is what I paid. May be a little cheaper now. Very satisfied. Has cai options as well if u end up putting a cold air intake on. Would recommend gotts mod over cai. Very satisfied.

Quick Reply: tuners,tuners which one for me