Gryphon cutsom tune written time

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gryphon cutsom tune written time

Anyone have any idea of how long it takes for PHP to write the custom tune after I sent my HEX code in? It's been almost a month now....

Old 11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I've been waiting over a month for my tune from Justin at VMP Tuning. He emailed me that his wife is having a baby. I think the PHP people are dealing with the flu as you can read in an earlier post. I've done so many mods to my truck it's undrivable till I get the new tunes. I pick my boy up from school in an old 87 ranger that is well past it's time and he gives it to me about when the other truck will be ready so I can pick him up with that one So I have to sit and wait

Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by ttcbr600rr
Anyone have any idea of how long it takes for PHP to write the custom tune after I sent my HEX code in? It's been almost a month now....
I think they're running at about 1 - 1.5 months now. But, that varies depending on what their "order" load and other factors are. And, those other factors include things like it appears Corey has pneumonia now. Corey handles a TON of the day to day tasks at PHP, and if she's out of service, Bill has to take time off from tuning to do them.

- Jack

Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
What is the time on getting a Gryphon. I am probably going to order this week. Will the Gryphon come fairly quickly still? I can wait on the tunes, I am placing the order for the economy tune, but I have no issue at all running level 2 with some fine tuning to get a bit more power and MPG's

Old 11-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
What is the time on getting a Gryphon. I am probably going to order this week. Will the Gryphon come fairly quickly still? I can wait on the tunes, I am placing the order for the economy tune, but I have no issue at all running level 2 with some fine tuning to get a bit more power and MPG's
The sending out of a new Gryphon is something Corey does. She normally tries to get it to UPS within 48 hours of receiving the order. With her sick, it may take longer.

- Jack

Old 11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Yes, they were super quick on getting my Gryphon to me in two days. Unfortunately the turn around time for my custom tune is taking a little longer from some unforseen health issues after they got back from sema. Hope they get to feeling better soon, beening sick sucks. thanks for the response on my original question ya'll.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
i'm in wrong buisiness, if i told my customers i was sick or expecting a child, they'd call some one else, time to change field of work i guess.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
i'm in wrong buisiness, if i told my customers i was sick or expecting a child, they'd call some one else, time to change field of work i guess.
If you were arguably the best at what you do, then your customers would wait until you were healthy.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:38 PM
when it is 10 degrees out and you have no heat in your house,and you are in your elder years , they will not wait for you, trust me-im in a necessity buisiness, not a luxury buisiness, maybe because i answer my calls 24/7, don't take vacations,work while ill, maybe that's why my buisiness picks up substantially year year after year, while other local "competing buisinesses"are laying off guys...

Old 11-16-2009, 02:49 PM

anyways...

Jack, do you know what the time would be then for the tuner itself... would it be more like a week?

Old 11-16-2009, 03:46 PM
it's writing tunes that take the time,when a company's work load grows, so should it's work force, there will come a time when that extra work won't be there , as long as a tuner states how long a tune will take, and as long as that time isn't exceeded-then it lies on the consumers shoulder whether they should wait that long for a product, now if it's longer because of the company- shame on them, no matter the excuse,or who that company is...funny how guys who have "dabbled " a little bit with tuning say custom tuning is no more than cut and paste, if that were they case , these members would be tuners themselves-imho

Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
anyways...

Jack, do you know what the time would be then for the tuner itself... would it be more like a week?
A week is probably a fairly "safe" estimate. They use the slower UPS because UPS picks up the package at their home, where they work. If they didn't have the programmer in stock (they maintain a fairly small inventory), it would take longer, and then I wouldn't be able to guess. I've not heard of anyone waiting for the device for an undue length of time though. They email you a shipping notification and tracking number when it ships.

- Jack

Old 11-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
it's writing tunes that take the time,when a company's work load grows, so should it's work force, there will come a time when that extra work won't be there , as long as a tuner states how long a tune will take, and as long as that time isn't exceeded-then it lies on the consumers shoulder whether they should wait that long for a product, now if it's longer because of the company- shame on them, no matter the excuse,or who that company is...funny how guys who have "dabbled " a little bit with tuning say custom tuning is no more than cut and paste, if that were they case , these members would be tuners themselves-imho
I think you're dead right here, Phil! Amazing how these "experts" don't seem to produce any tunes themselves.

- Jack

Old 11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
i got the chance to do the "tuning" on my bike while on a dyno,i say tuning-very loosely jack, at the time in 2006, all you could do was fueling, that was a real treat spending time adjusting the fuel tables in every 250 rpm increments from idle to 12.500 rpms, run bike on dyno, read air fuel mixture,let cool down, then adjust accordingly, now if it was that simple we'd all be doing that, now add in shift characteristics, spark and timing, not to mention all the iother varaibles, god only knows the outcome and all the visits to the dealers for repairs...

Old 11-16-2009, 05:30 PM

Good point Phil...anytime you are on forums, there are always a lot of "experts" and I laugh when I read those posts

Quick Reply: Gryphon cutsom tune written time