Best Turn around time Custom tune?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by secstang03
Did any of you guys that were "promised" your order to be shipped before they left receive a shipping email?
Corey PMed me last night and said they are planning to drop off my Gryphon at the UPS store on their way out of town. I'm not sure how they're planning to get to Vegas, but I assume they won't be in a position to send out a bunch of emails until they arrive, at least.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
They're driving to Missouri I think (a relative's place out in the country), then flying the rest of the way. It WILL be difficult for them to stay in touch while traveling.

- Jack

Old 10-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
They're driving to Missouri I think (a relative's place out in the country), then flying the rest of the way. It WILL be difficult for them to stay in touch while traveling.

- Jack
God knows there's a bunch of country in Missouri.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Did any of you guys that were "promised" your order to be shipped before they left receive a shipping email?
I just got one.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:04 PM
^^

Same here, I jumped the gun. I was ASSuming it would have been done Wednesday before they closed.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:11 PM
i ordered my gryphon late wednesday night, they shipped it yesterday(thur) and i did get a tracking # via ups. il be happy if i get the gryphon for now. i know im lookin at a couple weeks easy for the custom tunes. but i hear alot of good things about this gryphon programer. so il find out.lol

Old 10-31-2009, 10:40 AM
When I ordered my Troyer tunes I was told 6-8 weeks. It's now been over 6 months.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:00 AM
if i had to wait over 8 weeks, i keep on track of it weekly

Old 10-31-2009, 12:48 PM
yeah, i tried getting ahold of troyer a few times regarding it. they keep giving me the same generic sugar coated answer, that they are busy because of the recession and all these other tuning shops closing down, they are having to pic up the customers from there so there for they will get to mine when its up next in the pile, but for now they are trying to get caught up. it probably is true, but at the same time, i feel as if im getting screwed or at very least pushed back and forgotten cuz im not one that comes to the shop to get tuned. but thats cuz i live in freakin south dakota, and that would be a heck of a long drive for me to just go get tuned in shop. if you ask me, they should do like they did before, close shop for a week or two so they can catch up, cuz this is freakin rediculous. 7 MONTHS of waiting and still no tunes. thats bull. doesnt look good for the reputation.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by motor_man_383
7 MONTHS of waiting and still no tunes. thats bull. doesnt look good for the reputation.
I agree. I can understand their situation of picking up other companies' customers, but 7 months is way too long, IMHO. They should at least tell new customers that order online that the wait will be at least half a year.

I'm assuming they already charged you for the custom tunes?

Old 10-31-2009, 05:55 PM
7 months dang!!! 7 weeks is to long. thats what i love bout the sniper while you guys are waiting for your tunes im righting tune after tune for my truck and having fun with it!

Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 PM
I've been waiting since Aug as well for my tune from PHP. If you don't want to wait, go with VMP. I hear good things, and turn around time is fast.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by JNC995
I've been waiting since Aug as well for my tune from PHP. If you don't want to wait, go with VMP. I hear good things, and turn around time is fast.
A fellow member around here that has had both VMP and PHP tunes pointed out to me something that I had not thought about before when I was considering who to go with for my custom tunes. Note thought that they said they had no complaints with either! But how can VMP turn out a tune in a weeks time, and take everything into consideration? Let alone have an expedited option and create true one of a kind custom tunes that maximize the potential of the vehicle or create economy? I'm not questioning VMP, I almost went with them; had I not already had the edge I may very well have gotten VMP tunes. After all my research I found that Bill at PHP takes time to consider EVERYTHING you do to the truck, how you drive it, what the driving conditions are, etc... PLUS Corey told me if you have a mod he is not familiar with he takes the time to get to know the modification, and what it can/does do for the truck so the he may maximize its potential and write a proper tune.

I'll admit that 7 months is way too much, and I too was hesitant about wait times... very hesitant. For this reason I overnighted my edge to them the day before the arrived back from vacation, this way it was in their hands tuesday that business resumed. From that date I waited 4 weeks to get it back in my hands. I gave Corey one call to make sure it arrived, and never bugged them again. It took me a dozen or more tries to get through to them.

I think a lot of their issue is potential customers calling, customers calling about orders, a butt load of emails, and the fact the EVERYONE wants their tunes. Plus they have alot going on behind the scenes from what Corey told me, and what I learned when I asked about the new Edge CS/CTS tuners. The simple fact of it is their tunes are nothing short of amazing, especially paired with their level of customer service before, during, and after the sale. I would also say that the longest wait times are for those that bought a gryphon, The upgrades have a fair wait too though. PHP is an awesome company with some growing pains if you asked me.

I don't know guys, this is just my take on it. No doubt though that everyone is happy with their choice (minus wait times of course ) between VMP or PHP

Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
A fellow member around here that has had both VMP and PHP tunes pointed out to me something that I had not thought about before when I was considering who to go with for my custom tunes. Note thought that they said they had no complaints with either! But how can VMP turn out a tune in a weeks time, and take everything into consideration? Let alone have an expedited option and create true one of a kind custom tunes that maximize the potential of the vehicle or create economy? I'm not questioning VMP, I almost went with them; had I not already had the edge I may very well have gotten VMP tunes. After all my research I found that Bill at PHP takes time to consider EVERYTHING you do to the truck, how you drive it, what the driving conditions are, etc... PLUS Corey told me if you have a mod he is not familiar with he takes the time to get to know the modification, and what it can/does do for the truck so the he may maximize its potential and write a proper tune.

I'll admit that 7 months is way too much, and I too was hesitant about wait times... very hesitant. For this reason I overnighted my edge to them the day before the arrived back from vacation, this way it was in their hands tuesday that business resumed. From that date I waited 4 weeks to get it back in my hands. I gave Corey one call to make sure it arrived, and never bugged them again. It took me a dozen or more tries to get through to them.

I think a lot of their issue is potential customers calling, customers calling about orders, a butt load of emails, and the fact the EVERYONE wants their tunes. Plus they have alot going on behind the scenes from what Corey told me, and what I learned when I asked about the new Edge CS/CTS tuners. The simple fact of it is their tunes are nothing short of amazing, especially paired with their level of customer service before, during, and after the sale. I would also say that the longest wait times are for those that bought a gryphon, The upgrades have a fair wait too though. PHP is an awesome company with some growing pains if you asked me.

I don't know guys, this is just my take on it. No doubt though that everyone is happy with their choice (minus wait times of course ) between VMP or PHP
Well under that same train of thought than Troyer should be the best because he takes the longest. We should all let the tuners know who can actually get tunes out as quick as they are written that they need to just create a 6 month wait. The fact of the matter is that there isn't going to be anything done different within the tune for "how you drive" the truck so that's just smoke. If you are talking about performance, towing, etc than that's a different story. Plain and simple, it does not take weeks to make a tune. It takes a lot less than a hour. We are talking about bolt on F150s, not an 8 sec Mustang. Just my take on it.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by FordRacer2005
Well under that same train of thought than Troyer should be the best because he takes the longest. We should all let the tuners know who can actually get tunes out as quick as they are written that they need to just create a 6 month wait. The fact of the matter is that there isn't going to be anything done different within the tune for "how you drive" the truck so that's just smoke. If you are talking about performance, towing, etc than that's a different story. Plain and simple, it does not take weeks to make a tune. It takes a lot less than a hour. We are talking about bolt on F150s, not an 8 sec Mustang. Just my take on it.
This is the reason why I started this post. I've had my boosted cobra's tuned in 6-8 hours in one day. Not really bolt on mods but a completely built motor, big fuel system (75lb injectors) and double the boost you'd ever run on a f150. Hell, I'd have to pull the cobra on the diesel to the tuners and then be able to drive it back home that same day which blew my mind considering the dam thing wouldn't even hold an idle.

I guess the whole over the internet tuning stuff is a different ball park or something of the like.

All I know is I can't wait for my new tune to get rid of my old custom tune that surges like a blown motor does with only bolt-ons...

Quick Reply: Best Turn around time Custom tune?