Troyer or Bill???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Irish FX4
Well Justin sent me my custom tune for 87 Perf with moderate fuel economy.

All i can say is The WOW is Back! You touch the peddle and it snaps your head back. Shifts are like stock but firmer. Lots of power throughout all peddle positions. Its like Troyers tune and the edge all rolled into one tune.

And it only took 3 days to get it! Yep you heard right 3Days!!! Most of that was emailing Justin back and forth about how the tune was to be set up. Once settled i got it the next day! So really it took only one day.

I'm very happy with the tune and especially the fact there is no more hanging on to 1st till 3500 rpm's till it shifted to 2nd like my TP tune did.

Will be getting more tunes from Justin for sure.
Can you elaborate on the differences you notice between the 3 tuning options? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested...

Old 04-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Well Justin sent me my custom tune for 87 Perf with moderate fuel economy.

All i can say is The WOW is Back! You touch the peddle and it snaps your head back. Shifts are like stock but firmer. Lots of power throughout all peddle positions. Its like Troyers tune and the edge all rolled into one tune.

And it only took 3 days to get it! Yep you heard right 3Days!!! Most of that was emailing Justin back and forth about how the tune was to be set up. Once settled i got it the next day! So really it took only one day.

I'm very happy with the tune and especially the fact there is no more hanging on to 1st till 3500 rpm's till it shifted to 2nd like my TP tune did.

Will be getting more tunes from Justin for sure.
Glad to hear you like the tunes. I had mine dyno tuned by Justin and the shifts feel the exact same way as you describe. 1 to 3 days?! Thats awesome

Old 04-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Well, Groovy Chick, do you guys offer a trade-in program for Xcal2 tuners? I like the idea of your economy tunes and would like to consider the Gryphon. Can you do CAI and Exhaust packages as well?
I'm sorry. We don't. All of Bill's custom tuning is on the Gryphon, which is a private labeled Evo.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Corey, you need to stop and take a breath! But, you're getting close to being "senior citizen" status on this forum!

Too bad it doesn't get you any discounts.

- Jack
I'm trying, Jack, I'm trying! I can finally see how these forums are so addictive. I must check them AT LEAST a dozen times a day!

Then again, if it helps Billy, I don't mind. And to be honest, I LOVE when I know the answer to something and can help out -- must be the teacher in me, huh?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Well, Groovy Chick, do you guys offer a trade-in program for Xcal2 tuners? I like the idea of your economy tunes and would like to consider the Gryphon. Can you do CAI and Exhaust packages as well?
Smoke, Groovychick answered part of your question and I will assist and answer the rest of it. Yes, Bill can tune for CAI and exhaust as well as other things you might want such as shift points, shift firmness and down shifting, economy or towing. His tunes are great. I have the 87 Performance and the 93 Performance.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Josiah had this too, TP tunes seem notrious for this.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Would any edge for an f150 work? Like if I bought a used one from somebody, then sent it in, would it be just as good as buying new. Would it even be worth it?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by JNC995
Would any edge for an f150 work? Like if I bought a used one from somebody, then sent it in, would it be just as good as buying new. Would it even be worth it?
The Edge you trade for a Gryphon has to be one that works on your truck. You get back the same "kind".

- Jack

Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 PM
?

Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
]]
i seem to recall asinatra chiming in on josiah's posts on this

Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
?

Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
i seem to recall asinatra chiming in on josiah's posts on this topic

Old 05-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Suspended
.. and your point would be? I'm sure a lot of people chimed in on it.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
i seem to recall asinatra chiming in on josiah's posts on this topic
WELCOME BACK OCP#11!

Yes i recall too: I actually rode in his Josiah's truck (he is a crazy man on the street), I don't know if you know that part.

Quick Reply: Troyer or Bill???