Troyer or Bill???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troyer or Bill???

ive got the edge tuner... running lvl 3 with 93 octane, k&n intake, and soon to install maggie hi flows an x pipe and dynomax bullets all 2.5 in....

im thinkin i want custom tunes next but ive read good review on both custom tuning companies.

based on results rather than rumors, which would give me better for me?

thanks

Old 04-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Does Troyer even custom tune with the Edge software?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:08 AM
BSL
you've already got the edge trade it in for a gryphon and grab some custom tunes. you'll probably save time and money doing this since there will not be the cost to buy another programmer. but it's your truck so go with what makes you happiest

Old 04-16-2008, 02:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

It wont matter, either one is gonna satisfy you plenty.

Nobody has run both of their custom tunes, but i guarantee you they are comparable performance wise and both will be great.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:23 AM
I have Troyer custom tunes and the edge. I like both but i got about 2 miles more per gallon with the edge!
Gas just hit $1.17 per liter here today!Damn. I think i may run my edge for the fuel saving. Well im going to test my remarks and see if the edge gets better milage at least thats how i rememmber it when i was running it and then went to Troyers tunes. Im going to run a tank or two with the edge and see what i get.
With Troyer tunes 87 perf i was getting about 15 mpg according to the edge. So using the edge again to track fuel usage im going to run it on level 2 and see what i get!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
It wont matter, either one is gonna satisfy you plenty, i guarantee you they are comparable performance wise and both will be great.
Yes, I would agree totally

However, since u already have the edge, I would just call Bill and trade it for the gryphon, it will be a alot cheaper due to his exchange program

Old 04-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Irish FX4
I have Troyer custom tunes and the edge. I like both but i got about 2 miles more per gallon with the edge!
Gas just hit $1.17 per liter here today!Damn. I think i may run my edge for the fuel saving. Well im going to test my remarks and see if the edge gets better milage at least thats how i rememmber it when i was running it and then went to Troyers tunes. Im going to run a tank or two with the edge and see what i get.
With Troyer tunes 87 perf i was getting about 15 mpg according to the edge. So using the edge again to track fuel usage im going to run it on level 2 and see what i get!
Are the gauges on the edge for mpg readings accurate enough to really go off of it for comparison. I don't know so I'm just asking to see if anybody has tested it.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:57 PM
BSL
not in my opinion, best way to check your mpg is to run through a whole tank take miles/gallons. may just be me though

Old 04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Suspended
Either would be fine but since you already have the Edge, just trade it in on his Gryphon and get his custom tuning. God only knows it'll be way faster than Troyer.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Either would be fine but since you already have the Edge, just trade it in on his Gryphon and get his custom tuning. God only knows it'll be way faster than Troyer.
What in gods name is a Gryphon? Anybody got a link for this Gryphon?
Hey Thumper,
You have Justins VMP custom tunning? How is his 87 perf tune on gas? My Troyer tune gets about 1 - 2 mpg less.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 PM
www.powerhungryperformance.com

The Gryphon is the "new" programmer, distributed and tuned by Bill. Its essentially an Edge, but its not! The Edge is no longer allowed to be tuned, due to liability mostly, so Bill has picked up the slack by offering his own product. He does have a great trade in program, so it would DEFINATELY by cheaper than purchasing another programmer and tunes. He is the only one who can tune for an Edge-styled product... .... so if you DID want to use a different company, you wouldnt be using an Edge. Check out his site or contact him on this forum. You'll be happy.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Irish FX4
What in gods name is a Gryphon? Anybody got a link for this Gryphon?
Hey Thumper,
You have Justins VMP custom tunning? How is his 87 perf tune on gas? My Troyer tune gets about 1 - 2 mpg less.
It's just a Edge, re-labeled so Bill can sell them.

I always got better gas mileage from Justin's tunes. It wouldn't hurt to try it, he charges $50 per tune so there's not too much you can lose.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I'll second the one from 05F150SCrew Irish -

Call Bill at PowerHungryPerformance and talk to him about trading your Edge for a Gryphon. I did. I was sold by what he thought he could do for me, but not "pressured". I am happy! And, I'm Scottish, (closely related to the Irish, right?) so I don't like to spend money!

I.E., it's a good product at a VERY reasonable price! Go for it!

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 04-16-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Needed to refer to a specific post (should have "quoted")
Old 04-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Bill

Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
It's just a Edge, re-labeled so Bill can sell them.

I always got better gas mileage from Justin's tunes. It wouldn't hurt to try it, he charges $50 per tune so there's not too much you can lose.
I think i might give justin a shout. Your right for $50 bucks you cant go wrong. I hate the way my Troyer tune shifts from 1st - 2nd. It feels as thought you have to put your foot into more to get it to go also.
Does he have a number or do i have to fill out the sheet on his web page?
Thanks Thumper.

Quick Reply: Troyer or Bill???