76 days and still no tunes from Troyer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It’s not sports; there’s no teams; its crap; it bashing

Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not bashing for me, just trying to understand how long it takes to make up tunes for an internet order and why 10 weeks is warranted (maybe tunes take a long time to make, I don't know personally)

I don't support any of the big 3 mentioned here currently, not sure if I will be. Just diggin for info currently.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
I know it is not sports, that is why I said it is LIKE sports, i didn't say it was sports.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:42 PM
You either got TP custom tunes or you don’t; what’s the fuss?

Old 04-07-2008, 05:44 PM
?

Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
He prob. read it on the internets, google told him.
try again- sct employee

Old 04-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I don't doubt that Troyer might have a few more customers than VMP but it's not THAT much more.
But understand that the majority of Troyers customers are for Ford trucks, specifically the F150. VMP doesn't get nearly the amount of F150 customers as TP does.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Long wait, damn worth it........

Loaded my tunes and could not believe the change... The wait sucked, but the final result and talking to Troyer I know I have a time tested product and service...

Old 04-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
I'm not bashing Troyer at all. I've said it before and I guess I'll say it again. VMP or Troyer tunes are going to both give you similiar, amazing, results.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Come on guys - is it really necessary to act like a bunch of kids? "My Dad can beat up your Dad ..." . "Oh ya? Well my Dad has a bigger...".

The really great thing about these forums is that we can share ideas and learn from each other. I've learned a TON in the short time I've been here. Sure, we all have our preferences, but dammit! Let's be civil!

One thing we DO seem to agree on, custom tunes are great! Let's go with that. And if you have a reason for liking a particular tuning expert, try to say WHY without bashing someone else. If you can manage to do this, it makes you a lot more believable - and might even bring converts over to your side.

- Jack

Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Jumping back in time, it was for 2006.

See here: http://web.archive.org/web/200705150...tore/index.php

Images will not load, but read further down the fron page.
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...&parent=2&pg=1

Good link from VMPs own site. How about an independent source? And how about facts to back up all of your claims?
VMP deserves the recognition, no doubt there.
And I wonder who was number 1. Troyer?

As has been said over and over, both guys are good choices along with Bill for the Gryphon.

Last edited by Norm; 04-08-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki asinatra
Awhile back, VMP advertised that he was #2 SCT dealer, and he was. But it discourged other dealers, so VMP can't advertise that anymore.
Wrong, They still do:
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...&parent=2&pg=1

I seriously doubt Troyer was #1, against places like JDM, SHM, Saleen, etc...
I bet you are wrong again.

And who got the LW devices first...VMP did, Troyer didnt get his untill almost a week later.
Proof?

Grow up and stop your anti Troyer act. Both guys are great tuners. There is room for all. Choices are great.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM
VMP web site

I am interested in an alternative.
Justin you have a decent message on your site, however I am worried that it is not conveyed very well. If you have a hard core CAR modder google your site, they may be able to glean what they need, but us truck guys have no idea that you can do trucks. I recommend that you or your site provider/creater/hoster include a list of vehicles on the main page that you can tune.
When choosing the custom tuner you wish, I see the fields you can fill in, however in the gears field there is no option for 3.08 which is actually fairly common on a lot of F-150s (granted it is a stupid option for either motor you choose).
Post some pictures of the cars you have tuned with links to the mod products you have used on them.
I may be calling you after my gear swap this month (3.73s finally!!!!!). I have heard many rave reviews about Mr. Troyer, however I am just not willing to spend $450+ and wait 10 weeks when the reviews I have read for your shop are indicating turn around closer to three weeks.
If you need help with your site you are welcome to PM me as I am an IT professional and may be able to help you facilitate some changes to your site that would ultimately net you more hits and possibly more sales.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by masonm75
Loaded my tunes and could not believe the change... The wait sucked, but the final result and talking to Troyer I know I have a time tested product and service...
Glad to here happy with the tunes.
Did you have stock tune and go with a custom tune?
I have to ask, Is there that much difference between custom tunes and say a superchip tuner (that what I have)?
I did notice a large diff. between superchips and stock. Are custom tunes another large jump in the performance scale?
Norm

Old 04-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm pretty sure you can squeeze a couple more horses going from canned to custom, but I think the biggest change will by in drivabilty. Many will say that, that alone is worth it.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I patiently waited and am happy I did.

Want a shorter wait? Then offer a premium and see if you can be moved closer to the front of the line. Otherwise, just quiet down.

Quick Reply: 76 days and still no tunes from Troyer...