76 days and still no tunes from Troyer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry The wait sucked, but damn it was worth it...

Loaded my tunes and could not believe the change... The wait sucked, but the final result and talking to Troyer I know I have a time tested product and service...

UPDATE ----- Mike Troyer called me and apologized for the delay, and explained the situation in great detail. The wait was long, but I am still glad that I will have Troyer tunes. He will have them sent to me tonight. All in all, It comes down to being patient... His knowledge of these trucks is impressive. I consider myself a fairly good judge of character so as of now, I am still with Troyer and look forward to doing more business with him, "I will just budget a little more time"......

Last edited by masonm75; 04-07-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Just call them again and voice your concern.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Suspended
That's no good.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:35 AM
another Troyer can't deliver his tunes thread......

Old 04-06-2008, 10:40 AM
can you get your money back and perhaps go with someone who WILL offer timely service and better customer support?

Old 04-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
There ARE alternatives.... But, from what I've read here, once you get the tunes, you'll be happy! Hopefully, you won't have already sold your truck!

- Jack

Trending Topics

Old 04-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Suspended
Quality takes time.

The same way Troyer is taking his time with the customers before you he will take his time with yours. A quality product is much more important that a quick delivery. I am sure it will be slong shortly. What I find no excuse for is the customer service run around. You are a customer and you deserve a firm date on delivery. I called with a question once after making a purchase and they never got back to me. As far as I'm concerned the lack of follow through on the customer service end is something that hurts Troyer the most. They should have seen your tunes were going to be late and called you in advance to let you know.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottFF00
another Troyer can't deliver his tunes thread......
So, the OP has been around since 06, and is surprised?Another pointless thread.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
That was one of the main reasons I chose an alternative. Not only is it too long to wait, at my age, it's a large percentage of the rest of my life.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1981
Quality takes time.

The same way Troyer is taking his time with the customers before you he will take his time with yours. A quality product is much more important that a quick delivery. I am sure it will be slong shortly. What I find no excuse for is the customer service run around. You are a customer and you deserve a firm date on delivery. I called with a question once after making a purchase and they never got back to me. As far as I'm concerned the lack of follow through on the customer service end is something that hurts Troyer the most. They should have seen your tunes were going to be late and called you in advance to let you know.
I totally agree about "quality taking time", but I suspect Troyer is just backlogged. When you're popular, as he is, you're going to get a lot of business.

I know a bit about programming, having taught it the university level for 20 years, and know that unless you're developing a completely new programming application, development time is generally "hours", not "days". Now, if Troyer had the vehicle in his shop, and was trying to "tweak" every little bit of performance out of it through a rigorous coding/testing/recoding/retesting.... cycle, then it could take a lot longer. But, as I understand it, he's writing code for a fixed set of data values provided by the customer. In essence, modifying an existing piece of code for a specific need.

So, as I said, he's probably just backlogged and new customers go in the "queue".

And, he could probably be MORE communicative with his customers, but that would eat up his time too. Sort of a "no win" situation.

Just my thoughts - worth exactly what you've paid for them.

- Jack

Old 04-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by masonm75
Tommorow will be 11 weeks, WTF...
Your in MD, why not just drive down and see him? You'll get better tunes IMO. Plus you won't need to data log anything.

I like my tunes better since my truck went on his dyno. At first I did like you and mail ordered mine. Then, after receiving my X3 I decided to add a few more things and went down and see him. I like the way my truck drives even better now

If I had it to do all over again I would just take a trip down there.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I know a bit about programming, having taught it the university level for 20 years, and know that unless you're developing a completely new programming application, development time is generally "hours", not "days". Now, if Troyer had the vehicle in his shop, and was trying to "tweak" every little bit of performance out of it through a rigorous coding/testing/recoding/retesting.... cycle, then it could take a lot longer. But, as I understand it, he's writing code for a fixed set of data values provided by the customer. In essence, modifying an existing piece of code for a specific need.
It should only take Troyer around 30 minutes, if that, to write a tune for a "lightly" modified F150 especially since he's been doing this for so long. I agree tuning a vehicle on the dyno to get every last bit of safe power can take hours.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
That was one of the main reasons I chose an alternative. Not only is it too long to wait, at my age, it's a large percentage of the rest of my life.
I agree. With age comes wisdom....usually.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Thats ridiculous, I don't care how great the tunes are, that long of a wait doesn't seem justifiable in the slightest.

Quick Reply: 76 days and still no tunes from Troyer...