Ahhh my skin is burning off!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahhh my skin is burning off!

Ok, Just got some of ProWax's Power Lift Fallout Liquid.

Well, I'm off to try it on my truck. I'm gonna see what all it can remove. I just finished washing it to get it ready. Wow! it was covered with bird droppings after sitting under my oak tree since monday.

I have some discoloration from bird crap on it. I still have Klasse on a lot of the truck as well as some Meguiar's Gold Class. I can also feel a lot of fallout on the roof and bedcover. Where did it come from! I clayed the truck three months ago. Ghaa stupid fallout!

Ohhh, and yes, I'll be wearing gloves just incase this stuff can really burn your skin off.

Also, I fogot my boots in Kansas... I now remember why I stopped wearing tennis shoes while washing vehicles.

Old 06-02-2002, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is that industrial stuff? whered ya get it? think it will help with m water stains on my xtended cab?? its SAFE to use on your paint? LOL! sounds nasty!

Old 06-02-2002, 02:53 PM
Yhea, it's a professional product.

I just found some rubber gloves and am having a really hard time trying to type and wear them :P

For the waterspots did you try a light polish? or a clearcoat cleaner? This acid is for removing fallout, rail dust, etc. Stuff that you would normally use a claybar for but this gets into every nook and cranny. Dont have any waterspots on my truck to try it out on though but I'll give ya word on how it works on other stuff.

Old 06-02-2002, 04:29 PM
WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! YOU HAVE TO GET SOME IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT ALREADY!

This stuff is a pretty freaking cool!!! Read this thread.

I applied it to my truck using a spray bottle and a sponge. Also was wearing rubber gloves. I checked the back of the bottle and it said it was an acid so I guess it was good that I was wearing gloves.

Well, I sprayed the whole truck down with the chemical and ran around it re-spraying and rubbing with the sponge (The instructions say to rub with sponge or wash mitt to help loosen stuff. Didn't want to use any of my good wash mitts so the only other thing I had was a big blue sponge. Next time I'm gonna get a wash mitt for it though because I can see an area the sponge put some scratches in it. I'll have to go buff those out. grrrr)

Well, I use all 24oz in my spray bottle and had to refill it and use some more. I'm guessing I used probably 35oz or so on my whole F-150 extended cab w/ a painted fiberglass bedcover. So, 35oz is for a pretty big vehicle.

Now, I don't care what the bottle says about how it is suppose to dry slowly to let you work it longer. It still dried fast. I was hauling **** trying to keep the whole truck wet with the stuff. I probably let it sit a little over 5mins. The bottle instructs you to let it sit for 3-5 mins.

I then quickly brought out my wash bucket mixed with the suggested about of C-60 car wash from ProWax. Remember, the stuff that stinks like Dog Flea shampoo. I posted about it in a previous thread. I think it was in the Bug Guard thread. (Bug Guard is also an amazing product) I then proceeded to wash my truck twice with the stuff. I was just loading the soapy water on and scrubbing away with my CMA White microfiber wash mitt. Used all 5 gallons of the soapy water on the truck and it got me around the truck twice plus a little more. I also wasn't rinsing sections off after I soaped them up. The whole truck was covered with soap. Almost wanted to go grab the digi-cam to get a picture of all the soapsuds.

I then popp'ed on the pressure washer and rinsed the truck really well. I then took the hose off to an open nozzle and cranked it on high and rinsed out every nook and cranny. I then lowered the water pressure down in order to sheet the water off the truck.

And now, THE RESULTS!

It took all the wax off the truck, the panels previously covered with Klasse Sealant Glaze, ProWax's Satin Creme, and Meguiar's Gold Class now all sheeted water like unwaxed panels. Very awesome! Wonder if it takes off Zaino too. When drying the towel also stuck to the panels like they were unwaxed. Guess all the wax is off them. It takes synthetic wax off!

All the dicoloration from the bird crap is gone!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

All the fallout on the roof and bedcover are also gone. Before those areas felt like sandpaper and now they are as smooth as ever. YES! no claying for intel486 today!

This stuff is amazing because I could also get areas that I really don't like to put my clay suck as the areas right behind each tire and the part of the metal that folds into each wheel well.

This whole acid bath thing probably took about 30mins to do. Now, it takes about 1 1/2 hours to clay my truck. Hmmm which is a better choice?

A few tips
1) Use a wash mitt instead of a sponge
2) Use a spray bottle like I did but don't use the mist function, set it on stream. The mist is too fine and dries quickly.
3) Wear boots so your feet aren't soaking wet like mine our right now
4) Get someone to help you so you don't have to run around your car like a mad man keeping the chemical from drying.
5) Really soak it down. Get it really wet with the chemical to keep it from drying so fast.

Old 06-04-2002, 12:30 PM
Man, good post. I'm glad it worked out well for you. I've been holding off getting this stuff until I heard about the results from an actual person (versus ProWax's marketing literature).

You said the acid bath took 30 mins - did that include the two C-60 washes? I'm with you on going this route versus the clay bar - it sounds a lot more time-efficient. I forget, however, how much the acid bath stuff is vs clay bar.

I'm assuming you are going to use PPCL and then the Klasse SG - or, did you get any other ProWax stuff to use instead? And, what else are you planning on doing/using?

Keep us posted, and post some pics!

Old 06-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by NI4NI
Man, good post. I'm glad it worked out well for you. I've been holding off getting this stuff until I heard about the results from an actual person (versus ProWax's marketing literature).

You said the acid bath took 30 mins - did that include the two C-60 washes? I'm with you on going this route versus the clay bar - it sounds a lot more time-efficient. I forget, however, how much the acid bath stuff is vs clay bar.

I'm assuming you are going to use PPCL and then the Klasse SG - or, did you get any other ProWax stuff to use instead? And, what else are you planning on doing/using?

Keep us posted, and post some pics!
Yes the 30mins for the acid bath included the two C-60 washes and the drying of the vehicle. I paid 12.90 for the gallon. Comes out to about .10 a oz. I used around 34oz. so about $3.40 for the acid bath not including the cost of the C-60 Soap.

Depending on the claybar you can get some cheap ones but the ones I use varry between $20 and $34. I usuaully can get 8 cars out of an 7oz bar plus the quickdetailer. Ok I have a headache and don't feel like doing the math to figure out which is a better deal but there is enough information for you to do that if you want. Also have to look at which one is faster.

No, I haven't done the PPCL. I've been using ProWax's Duz-all on my truck and I'm gonna start with their swirl eliminator soon. Not sure if I'll get to work on my truck today since I've got to go do two details right now. I'll be putting the 5 coats of Klasse SG back on the truck though followed by a carnauba wax. Not sure what brand though but it'll probably be one of Prowax's.

I've also done some colorsanding to remove of a few of the deper scratches. Safer than using a rotary buffer. I plan on colorsanding the hood either today or tomorrow when I get a chance. https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=79527 The hood has a lot of etching from tree sap and bird droppings aswell as a few rock chips and scratches, grrrrr.

Old 06-09-2002, 09:46 AM
Does your truck still smell like dog flea shampoo?

Trending Topics

Old 06-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by J-150
Does your truck still smell like dog flea shampoo?
No, that is just the soap. I'm actually use to the smell of the soap and really like it. I've been using it every time I wash now. Not sure if I'll get more when I run out though because the Cherry Suds smells soooo good.

Old 06-11-2002, 12:05 PM
Intel where can you pick this stuff up at?

Old 06-11-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by josh3338
Intel where can you pick this stuff up at?
Have to find a distributor of the products. IT is a professional product.

Quick Reply: Ahhh my skin is burning off!