Water spots on glass again

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 10:19 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Water spots on glass again

Back in 2009 when I bought the '07, it's glass got really bad water spots in short time. I used something in a yellow bottle. I didn't have the problem so much with the paint.

Well, a few days ago, we took a drive in it and I tried like the ****ens to clean the spotting all off, tried every window cleaner I have, stubborn. Yesterday, I was looking through supplies and found my yellow bottle of "Spot-X", ... it's a powder made of finely crushed sea shells. Great stuff!

You use the special sponge, dip it in water, sprinkle the powder on it and it makes a paste that when rubbed on glass like the windshield, rapidly removes all water spots. i had forgotten how easy it was to use, how good it is. Then you just take a clean damp cloth and clean the glass.

I was very happy, so I broke out my Ice Liquid Polish and did the rubber & dark plastic trim. It works on those grey fender lips too, They are not black.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-20-2020, 11:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
tbear - I don't know how difficult it is to get Spot-X, but I've found using white vinegar (undiluted) gets ALL of the hard water spots off my windshields with minimum effort.

- Jack

Old 10-21-2020, 10:30 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Sounds like Spot-X is similar to Barkeepers Friend.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
tbear - I don't know how difficult it is to get Spot-X, but I've found using white vinegar (undiluted) gets ALL of the hard water spots off my windshields with minimum effort.

- Jack
I'll aim to steal a jug from "Wife Unit"s supplies. She uses it to clean the Kuerig out on occasion.
Originally Posted by glc
Sounds like Spot-X is similar to Barkeepers Friend.
Might have to find some for my supplies?

Last edited by tbear853; 10-25-2020 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use the Meguiars water spot remover on glass, on DA machine with rayon pads. It's removed all those stubborn acid rain etched on the glass and made driving pleasurable again. I applied rainX for protection and probably will last about 6 months before I re apply it. Happy with the results.

Old 02-03-2021, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by CharlesF150
I use the Meguiars water spot remover on glass, on DA machine with rayon pads. It's removed all those stubborn acid rain etched on the glass and made driving pleasurable again. I applied rainX for protection and probably will last about 6 months before I re apply it. Happy with the results.
Keeping in mind!

Old 02-19-2021, 09:53 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Chemical Guys Heavy Duty Water Spot Remover is the best I have tried. It removes stubborn water spots on different surfaces such as glass, paintwork, and polished metal surfaces.

Quick Reply: Water spots on glass again