F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   Water spots on glass again (https://www.f150online.com/forums/care-detailing/523705-water-spots-glass-again.html)

tbear853 10-20-2020 10:19 PM

Water spots on glass again

Back in 2009 when I bought the '07, it's glass got really bad water spots in short time. I used something in a yellow bottle. I didn't have the problem so much with the paint.

Well, a few days ago, we took a drive in it and I tried like the ****ens to clean the spotting all off, tried every window cleaner I have, stubborn. Yesterday, I was looking through supplies and found my yellow bottle of "Spot-X", ... it's a powder made of finely crushed sea shells. Great stuff!

You use the special sponge, dip it in water, sprinkle the powder on it and it makes a paste that when rubbed on glass like the windshield, rapidly removes all water spots. i had forgotten how easy it was to use, how good it is. Then you just take a clean damp cloth and clean the glass.

I was very happy, so I broke out my Ice Liquid Polish and did the rubber & dark plastic trim. It works on those grey fender lips too, They are not black.

JackandJanet 10-20-2020 11:49 PM

tbear - I don't know how difficult it is to get Spot-X, but I've found using white vinegar (undiluted) gets ALL of the hard water spots off my windshields with minimum effort.

- Jack

glc 10-21-2020 10:30 AM

Sounds like Spot-X is similar to Barkeepers Friend.

tbear853 10-25-2020 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 5265367)
tbear - I don't know how difficult it is to get Spot-X, but I've found using white vinegar (undiluted) gets ALL of the hard water spots off my windshields with minimum effort.

- Jack

I'll aim to steal a jug from "Wife Unit"s supplies. She uses it to clean the Kuerig out on occasion.

Originally Posted by glc (Post 5265374)
Sounds like Spot-X is similar to Barkeepers Friend.

Might have to find some for my supplies?

CharlesF150 01-04-2021 03:13 AM

I use the Meguiars water spot remover on glass, on DA machine with rayon pads. It's removed all those stubborn acid rain etched on the glass and made driving pleasurable again. I applied rainX for protection and probably will last about 6 months before I re apply it. Happy with the results.

tbear853 02-03-2021 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by CharlesF150 (Post 5267083)
I use the Meguiars water spot remover on glass, on DA machine with rayon pads. It's removed all those stubborn acid rain etched on the glass and made driving pleasurable again. I applied rainX for protection and probably will last about 6 months before I re apply it. Happy with the results.

Keeping in mind!

antyphen 02-19-2021 09:53 AM

The Chemical Guys Heavy Duty Water Spot Remover is the best I have tried. It removes stubborn water spots on different surfaces such as glass, paintwork, and polished metal surfaces.