Black truck detail

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black truck detail

il admit that im a bit of an newb when it comes to detailing but ive read the sticky and all different threads before asking this question.i have a black screw and everytime i wash my truck 1. i have little dirt and very small gunk or whatever you wanna call it build up and 2. within twenty minutes of my wash it is covered with dust pollen and what not... so is claying is what i have to do to remove the dirt and two is the only solution for my dust problem a dust wand il take any information on different solutions i need some help.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Dust wand is not your friend...

There's really nothing you can do about dust and pollen. They are black's worst enemy.

I don't really understand your first question. You have gunk build up after your wash? Are you washing thoroughly with proper methods?

Old 04-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I know how much of a PITA washing our black trucks can be, but IMO nothing looks better than a properly detailed black truck. Paint preparation is the key here. If you want to do a really good detail then the first thing I'd recommend is wash your truck with dawn dishsoap. (If your truck is new or you haven't waxed it alot already then skip this step) This will strip your truck of all the old waxes, but don't do this more than once, maybe twice, a year. Then wash it with a really good car soap, Megs Gold Class is a really good one. Next up clay it, this is where you should really start to notice a difference in the paint. Rub your hand across the surface before and then after claying and you'll be amazed at the difference.

The next steps really depend on how much money you want to invest because you can break out a DA and start using various polishes, sealers and waxes to bring out the shine. Before I really got into detailing my trucks I simply used the Meguire's Deep Crystal 3 step system and was very happy with the results. You can pick up those products at just about any auto parts store or Wally world.

It is time consuming and sometimes frustrating to have a black truck, but it sure is nice for those couple hours right after you get done detailing it and everyone stops and stares at her.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:19 PM
wxscpo THANK YOU VERY MUCH i was going to ask for your answer in a thread but i know i was going to get soo much SH** for it thank you very much and im on spring break now so tomorrow after work im going to grab me a DA and give my truck a good detail one question yes i do have wax on the truck should strip the wax to start completely fresh? and sorry to ask but what products do you use with the DA and yes your right its the only color that really turns heads. THANKS AGAIN

Old 04-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by wxscpo
I know how much of a PITA washing our black trucks can be, but IMO nothing looks better than a properly detailed black truck. Paint preparation is the key here. If you want to do a really good detail then the first thing I'd recommend is wash your truck with dawn dishsoap. (If your truck is new or you haven't waxed it alot already then skip this step) This will strip your truck of all the old waxes, but don't do this more than once, maybe twice, a year. Then wash it with a really good car soap, Megs Gold Class is a really good one. Next up clay it, this is where you should really start to notice a difference in the paint. Rub your hand across the surface before and then after claying and you'll be amazed at the difference.

The next steps really depend on how much money you want to invest because you can break out a DA and start using various polishes, sealers and waxes to bring out the shine. Before I really got into detailing my trucks I simply used the Meguire's Deep Crystal 3 step system and was very happy with the results. You can pick up those products at just about any auto parts store or Wally world.

It is time consuming and sometimes frustrating to have a black truck, but it sure is nice for those couple hours right after you get done detailing it and everyone stops and stares at her.
you don't really need to wash it with dawn to strip old waxes because claying the vehicle removes any wax it might have...

Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
attworth: what methods do you use i wash with turtle ice soap with a wash mitt and detail with turtle wax spray detail than on a cold day il wax with meguiars showcase mirror glaze.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by sal150
attworth: what methods do you use i wash with turtle ice soap with a wash mitt and detail with turtle wax spray detail than on a cold day il wax with meguiars showcase mirror glaze.
If you look in his other post you can see his method.

this is what he said he did to his truck.

The process:

Wash with Dawn
Clean & dress tires, wheels and wheel wells
Clay with Meg's Blue
(sleep)
QD in the morning
SSR 1 on Green VC pad - speed 3.5
Pro Polish on White CCS pad - speed 4.75ish
EX-P on Black VC pad (blue was drying) - speed 3.5
Collinite 845
Meg's UQD (friend of mine gave it to me so I wanna try it out)

Old 04-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Suspended
Here you go, get these products and follow this procedure for some amazing results ..

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329756

Old 04-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Meffects01
If you look in his other post you can see his method.

this is what he said he did to his truck.
Thanks

Old 04-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by geoelpalillo
you don't really need to wash it with dawn to strip old waxes because claying the vehicle removes any wax it might have...
That's actually not totally true...

While clay *will* remove, to a certain extent, a LSP on the paint, it will not 'strip it' off.

What will remove it is abrasively polishing it... Most details involve some level of chemically aggressive step or an abrasive step that will either/or remove the wax or any protection left on the paint.

Dawn, IMHO, is simply not a necessary step.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:21 PM
thanks alot guys, thump what happened to your truck?

Old 04-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Suspended
It went Bye-Bye.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Sensitive Subject?

Old 04-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by sal150
Sensitive Subject?
I'm confused. Why would it be a sensitive subject? I sold it, it went bye bye.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I'm confused. Why would it be a sensitive subject? I sold it, it went bye bye.
Know any good Mustang Forums?

Quick Reply: Black truck detail