Turtle Wax Ice Products (warning there is a bunch of pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turtle Wax Ice Products (warning there is a bunch of pictures)

I posted this on another ford side and though y'all might be interested also.
Alright I have been pretty curious of the new Turtle Wax ICE Products and have heard some people asking about it on here so I did a little testing today. I went to k mart and bought the following which is the whole ICE line.

Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash Soap
Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar (comes with applicator pad)
Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish (comes with applicator pad and microfiber cloth and also comes in paste form)
Turtle Wax Ice Spray Detailer (For In between wax coats)

The dirty pictures didn't come out to great but it was pretty nasty.

Ice soap - I really like the car wash soap. It says that it has some special lubricant in it to prevent swirl marks and scratches (?). I have actually used it twice and have had very good results with it and no more scratches then when I started with. It pulls right threw the nasty stuff with ease.

Liquid clay bar - I know it isn't the real clay bars which do work better but you cant beet the ease of this. You shake it up but it on the foam applicator and press hard and scrub. I still had a little bit of the dirty feeling on the trucks paint after two washes with the regular soap and after scrubbing it with this it was as smooth as glass and will remove those tough bugs or tar with ease.

Liquid polish/wax- This was very easy to apply. It works great on the plastics and rubber which is one of the main reason I wanted to try it. It says on the bottle that it was going to haze in 3-5 minutes. Well I didn't have any hazing come up for some reason. It also says when you start to wipe it if it starts to streak to wipe it with a damp rag. Well I had a whole lot of streaking and smudging. It was hard as could be to wipe the smudges off. Now I might of done something wrong ( Two much on there or to little) but it was a pain in the rear end getting it smoothed out. Once you get the smudges out though it leaves it with a pretty nice shine and feel. It also gives all the plastics and rubber that wet look but nothing greasy or anything which was nice.

Spray detailer - I washed the truck a month ago with the ice car soap and used this stuff because I had another wax already on the truck. I really like this stuff. You just spray it on the truck and wipe it off and it gives it a great shine and a small bit of protection.

Overall I really thought it made the truck look really nice. The clay bar followed by the liquid polish really helped with some scrachtes. I had a couple big light scratches that disappeared from the paint. The only thing that I did not like was the polish but that could of been a user error. I think I will try the paste form and try that because I really like that you can use it on all surfaces and it really makes the plastic and rubber shine. I know a bunch of people said that they did not like this stuff but I think it did a good job nd is very easy to use.

Truck Dirty

Last edited by obxjoel; 07-14-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Truck After wash and clay bar ( No polish) You can see smudge in emblem pic.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Truck finished with polish

Old 07-14-2007, 10:01 PM

Joel

Old 07-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Looks good, gotta love black, but gotta hate that Orange Peel

Old 07-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Lookin good...... Like they say black looks soo good when someone else owns it!!!! never again will i ever own a black vehicle.
+1 on that orange peel

Old 07-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I use the Ice wax for a quick polish job and it works good. I like it because one can use it in the sun. It does do a good job on the plastics and is easy to use.

I used it on the front of my bike to remove bugs off the fairing and it worked great for that as well...

Old 07-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I'm a fan of the liquid wax/polish. Does a nice job and can't be beat for the time/effort it takes in my opinion.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Looks good, but I'm a big fan of the Meguiars product line. If you ever get a chance check out their website and products.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Looks good...

Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Looks good...that's really clean...

although it was definitely NOT dirty lol.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I spent a good portion of my life waxing my black 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse back in the day.... love black! Good job!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your one of the few happy customers of ICE. Good job, nice truck!

Old 07-18-2007, 05:27 PM
I prefer Liquid Glass wax..........puts on one heck of a good shine.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice Products (warning there is a bunch of pictures)