Has anyone tried the Dupont Teflon auto care products?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has anyone tried the Dupont Teflon auto care products?

I got myself the Dupont Teflon auto care package for Christmas. Has anyone used this stuff? Is it as good as advertised? Any helpful tips?

Old 12-25-2006, 10:36 PM
I love the wax, and it does as it says, the wheel cleaner is ok but the brake dust comes off a lil easier now

Old 12-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think it's kind of gimmicky although, I will admit that I haven't used the products...

Dupont -- owner of the patent for PTFE -- even went on record several years ago as to saying that the addition of PTFE (teflon - aka: Polytetrafluoroethylene) to 'wax' products would not help with surface protection nor would it bond with the paint.

While I may be wrong here, I think the PTFE product that they're using in their wax is a Zonyl-type which, as I understand it, shows a little bit of promise from a 'protection' standpoint...

So, long story short ==== maybe it'll help... maybe it won't!

Let us know what you think about the product!

Old 12-27-2006, 09:41 PM
the only product i've used is the tire shine. i liked how it held up and how it looked.

i have since moved and cannot find the product anywhere. so i'm stuck using half a bottle of armour-all when i do the tires

Old 12-28-2006, 10:43 AM
dupont

it is all i use. it works better than the other stuff for reflecting dust, and the wheel cleaner works for everything.
p.s. have dark color truck and live on a dirt road

Old 12-28-2006, 12:26 PM
I've got both the wax and the wheel cleaner, and I like them great. The wax has a protection that beats most other carnaubas and looks pretty good. I've used it side to side against #26 on my hood, and they looked the same until the #26 faded off. As for the wheel cleaner, I use it on mine instead of Simple green. I find that repeated use makes it work best. Now, I get virtually no brake dust on my wheels, whereas with SG, I seem to have to actually work to get a little to get the dust off. I only don't advertise it's use because I'm waiting until I've used it for a few years to make sure it doesn't remove factory clearcoat and make sure it won't pit the wheels. But so far (it's been about a year), I have great looking wheels. (except for the swirls, but I don't really care about those in the wheels...)

Basically, I'm confident that you will be pleased with them.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! I washed her about 4 days ago, and it has rained 2 of those days, and she still looks pretty good! I especially noticed that there is not as much brake dust on the front wheels. Not sure if that is from the rain or the teflon. The truck was parked during most of the rain, though. I think I'll stick with the teflon products!

Old 01-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I love the Dupont products, the car wash soap is awesome. The tire shine also works very well, great stuff, just a little hard to find.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I don't mean to be rude, RP, but I have to say it: Told Ya!!!

I am a big fan of their wheel spray. Apparently so is Fireboy.

Cheers!

Old 01-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Moderator &

Told me what?

Old 01-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I think it's kind of gimmicky
To which I responded:

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Basically, I'm confident that you will be pleased with them.

And many others seemed to like it--you should try it--you have everything else...

This was just the one time I've tried something you haven't---and to top that, you thought it was a gimmick--when in actuality it's great stuff...just had to rub it in. (More as a joke than anything...Hope you understand...)

Last edited by Rockpick; 01-02-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Moderator &

There's nothing there to say 'told ya' to... I still think that it's gimmicky. It may be fantastic. It may cause the sand storms on Mars to cease. Won't really change my view... When a company goes on record as to saying that the addition of PTFE to surficial protection products doesn't yield any additional protective qualities -- at that, the company who OWNS PTFE and all the patents -- seems to me like they're using a VERY successful, commonly known product (ie: Teflon / PTFE) to sell other products.

While there's NOTHING at all wrong with that, I still wonder about the overall 'use' of the Teflon. Maybe it works like a champ... I'm not sure I'll ever know.

Glad you like it... that's what's important; not what I think.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I used the dupont car wash soap and like it allot, i also use the spray on wax when i need to make the fenders shine in between waxings, What soap do you guys use? Rockpick?

Old 01-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Moderator &

Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds. This is my new favorite. I still have a plethora of Meguiar's Gold Class...

Old 01-04-2007, 04:42 AM
I just learned that Poorboys world headquarters is 1/2 an hour away from my house...might just have to stop by and pick up a bottle for my self. Rockpick what do u like better the megs gold class or Poorboys? b/c im kinda low on dupont and I need quality soaps for the to remove all the salt and crap this upcoming winter

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the Dupont Teflon auto care products?