What do you use on dash ect.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you use on dash ect.

So, what is some good products to use on the (a black) dash, door panels, console, ect. A good cleaner and or protectant. I don't want a really greasy finish like armor-all, I just want to know it's clean, and doesn't trap too much dust.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:05 PM
I use armor all on my dash, just the cleaning wipes not the protectant i hate a shiny dash. The only thing with armor all wipes is they are a little oversoaked so before it touches my dash & trim i squeeze the extra juice back in the bottle.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Easily my favorite product in the interior... no greasy slick shine... just a very nice matte finish. It has UVA/UVB protection too! It's a FANTASTIC product...

Meguiar's Quik Detailer Interior

RP

Old 04-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick

Easily my favorite product in the interior... no greasy slick shine... just a very nice matte finish. It has UVA/UVB protection too! It's a FANTASTIC product...

RP
Have to agree with RockPick this is all I use on my interior easy to use and a nice matte finish, also it doesn't attract dust like some other interior products out there.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:29 PM
I've had good luck with NXT Tech Protect as well. Not too shiny and has kept my dash pretty dust free for the past 3 weeks. I'll have to try the Quik Interior Detailer next time I order from ADS.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Meg's Quick Interior Detailer is my current favorite as well. Leaves everything clean, but with no greasy shine. It has kind of a new car scent too.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick

RP
Best product for the dash that I have used to date.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I use this one

Old 04-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use Mother's Protectant. Not shiny/greasy like some Armor All products. I'm sure any Mother's or Meguiars products you chose will be good.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I use a swiffer duster and some armoral wipes. I may have to pick up some Meg's for the dash though since I use all meg products for the outside.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Probably been asked before, but what is with with Meg's? It seems like everyone is all about Meg's. Am I missing something? I prefer mother's products for wax at least. Is meg's better? I would rather have someone that has used both to answer. I am most likely going to change to 3M, any thoughts?

Old 04-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RedDragon
Probably been asked before, but what is with with Meg's? It seems like everyone is all about Meg's. Am I missing something? I prefer mother's products for wax at least. Is meg's better? I would rather have someone that has used both to answer. I am most likely going to change to 3M, any thoughts?

It's all about what YOU prefer. The bottom line is to find something that you're happy with and stick with it.

For many, it's 3M, for others, it's Mothers, for others, it's Meguiar's... for someone else, it's Zaino, for someone else, it's Poorboy's, for someone else, it's 4-Star, for someone else... well, you get the idea.

The bottom line is that all of those manufac's have some good and some crummy products. It's up to an individual to sort it through, figure out what works best for them, and carry on/carry forward/Carrie Grant.

RP

Old 04-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm sitting on a stash of discontinued Armor All that used to be offered in a "low gloss" finish -- it doesn't have that "cheap whorehouse shine" that regular Armor All is so famous for!

If I didn't have so much of it in my cabinet I'd probably have to breakdown and give that Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer a try....

Old 04-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ddellwo
I'm sitting on a stash of discontinued Armor All that used to be offered in a "low gloss" finish -- it doesn't have that "cheap whorehouse shine" that regular Armor All is so famous for!

If I didn't have so much of it in my cabinet I'd probably have to breakdown and give that Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer a try....
Damn! It's discontinued? That's what I've been using.
I might try that meguiars stuff though since some people said it doesn't attract dust. Nothing bothers me more than dust all over the dash a few ddays after I cleaned it. I guess thats probably becasue I drive almost everywhere with the windows down though...

Quick Reply: What do you use on dash ect.