Rustoleum Spray on Bed Liner/ Rockers and Bumpers Done!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes

Old 02-28-2011, 10:30 PM
First off, I have to comment on removing the bumpers from an F150..... It's a freaking TON of work ! I did it to have my chrome bumpers powder coated, and what a MAJOR PITA !!!

So, here I am close to 3 years later, and my satin black powder coat looks okay I mean, it's not really chipping or peeling anywhere, but it seems to be turning a little grey.... like it's starting to oxidize.

I really like the look of the Rustoleum bed-liner spray, but I have no idea how well it would stick to powder coat ? Wouldn't that be a b!tch if it starting peeling / failing ? Then what ? Kind of a scary proposition.....

Hmmmmm......

Fish

Old 02-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^i like the boat....what kinda fishin you do

Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
First off, I have to comment on removing the bumpers from an F150..... It's a freaking TON of work ! I did it to have my chrome bumpers powder coated, and what a MAJOR PITA !!!

So, here I am close to 3 years later, and my satin black powder coat looks okay I mean, it's not really chipping or peeling anywhere, but it seems to be turning a little grey.... like it's starting to oxidize.

I really like the look of the Rustoleum bed-liner spray, but I have no idea how well it would stick to powder coat ? Wouldn't that be a b!tch if it starting peeling / failing ? Then what ? Kind of a scary proposition.....

Hmmmmm......

Fish
I didn't remove my bumpers to do this. No need. Yes it will stick to powder coat but it wont be a smooth surface like the powder coat has. You can paint over it tho like I did and and that makes it easier to wash.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Hey Hunter, thank you My little aluminum really is my dream boat

What do I fish for ? You name it ! My claim to fame (if you want to call it that) or the reason I'm sponsored, is for big Largemouths.... but I'll fish for anything that will bite my hook
14.5 Largemouth

18.4 Largemouth

8.5 Lb Smallmouth

70" Sturgy

Oh, and been getting a lot of nice Striper's lately Here's a 21.4 lb'er I caught just 2 days ago...

Peace,
Fish

Old 03-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Hey Westtnfx4
I didn't remove my bumpers to do this. No need.
Yea, I wouldn't think so, for just the bed liner spray.... and that's really cool, because it was an unbelievable PITA to take them off ! I have a buddy who is a certified mechanic, with air tools, and it took him and I about 2 hours, during which time we removed literally 125 bolts, screws, and clips, to get them off, and totally stripped for powder coating !!! Never again !

Yes it will stick to powder coat but it wont be a smooth surface like the powder coat has.
And that's cool too. Honestly, for a tougher, more off road look, I think the rough finish will look better than the smooth powder coat did.... although it looked pretty good when new, also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, so hey, do you guys think I should do my rocker panels too ?

I contemplated camo for the rockers for a long time. In fact, I even bought the adhesive camo material. Still got it right here in my closet, but never got up the nerve to put it on.

My opinion was, and still is, that it would look better with the camo rockers "when I was pulling my boat"..... but it would look better without the camo, or maybe with the black bed liner rockers, "when I was not pulling the boat".....
Hmmmm....

Your thoughts on this ?
{photo-shopped just so you can picture it.....}

Peace,
Fish

Old 03-04-2011, 09:15 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
You're truck could pull of the rockers it seems... matches the truck nicely

Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Those are some HUGE large mouth and a monster smallmouth......where you doing all this fishing at....arent those sturgeon located in alaska?....beautiful striper by the way....ive been striper fishing a few times when i was young and loved it....Im really big into BOWFISHING now and i love your boat it would be perfect for bowfishing.....Thought i would throw in some pics as well.....Most bassfisherman around here love us bowfishing and hate the gar and carp....(hope no one's offended ha)

^Me with 14.5lb Gar

^My dad and I and our boat

^My dads HUGE 58 lb 4oz Carp

^My buddy Josh's 21 lb 11 oz Gar

Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Hey Hunter, I live over here in the Big Bass capitol of the world Cali of course ! Actually though, I live in Nor Cal. So Cal has a slightly bigger top end size... but I do okay

Those are some HUGE Grass Carp ! I always wanted to catch one of those on a rod and reel. I've never bow hunted.... and nothing against, "except" that I just love / live to fight fish on a rod and reel

I actually lived in North Louisiana for about 3 years, and I saw HUGE Grass Carp (like the one your dad was holding, but could never catch one. Did catch some nice Gar though Would love to stick a monster Gator Gar though !

Oh, and yes, we do have some big Sturgeon ! Tough this year so far though
My biggest was a 100" length, 46" girth, 312 lb'er Drug my boat for nearly a mile

Peace,
Fish

Old 03-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I say go for it fish....the camo wrap is good stuff to. I've had that on a truck before then everybody and there brother did it so I pulled it off. You can do the Bed Liner then by your PTM paint at Autozone etc. It matches really good and it will have a texture but not show up dirt as bad as the straight black will.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Thats awesome man......That sturgeon is a beast.....yeah i would love to go further down south and shoot some of those gator gar....only thing we really have here in VA is the longnose gar....state record is 24 lbs....and the one my buddy shot was almost 22 lbs.....Yeah the fight isnt quite the same with a rod and reel but still a good challenge without any rod or flex or anything.....im sure you would enjoy it....Yeah i love stickin those 50-60 lb grassies....they can drag our little 14ft jon boat around like nothin.....Hey thats a good lookin truck you got there too...Very Clean

Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Looks good. Maybe I should try this on the tongue of my trailer

Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 PM
I did mine too, I always hated the gray stripe on the bottom of my truck. Bumpers, flares, and rockers done along with the rusty side steps...

Name:  step2.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  step1.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  57.8 KB

Old 03-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Looks great smokey ^^^^

Old 03-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Just did my buddies explorer valence and bumper cover and he loves it and it looks awesome

Quick Reply: Rustoleum Spray on Bed Liner/ Rockers and Bumpers Done!