Rustoleum Spray on Bed Liner/ Rockers and Bumpers Done!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone tried this stuff on the OEM step bars?? I want to get rid of the chrome look, but keep the step bars. You all think this stuff would stick to the plastic of the OEM step bars??

Old 03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by BigTerp
Anyone tried this stuff on the OEM step bars?? I want to get rid of the chrome look, but keep the step bars. You all think this stuff would stick to the plastic of the OEM step bars??
look about 4 posts back

Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by gilsnuxs
look about 4 posts back
I saw that, but thought it was an aftermarket step bar. Maybe he removed the plastic "foot grips" that I have on mine, or his model year step bars are different than my '07. I'll try and get a picture up of mine.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
For the guys that did this on the frame and other parts under the truck. What did you do for the prep?

Old 03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tarpon-Screw
For the guys that did this on the frame and other parts under the truck. What did you do for the prep?
From what I have read. They tape off all the bolts and use a self etching primer on surfaces that would need one.

Im doing my badges today. Hopefully they doont need a primer cause Im not using one.

Wonder if we could use this on my 07 Ford Emblem on the back? Anybody?? Badges and Back Ford oval???

Old 03-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tarpon-Screw
I just took an electric drill an put a circular wire brush and went to town on it....then swept away all the debris

Old 03-10-2011, 02:53 PM
anyone know if this stuff will stick to fiberglass? like the inside of a camper top

Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Got to say

My badges look awesome. I actually took them off though cause I cant paint worth a carp and did not want to screw up my paint.

I heated them up with a hair drier and just pulled them off. (There is 2 pins behind them for anyone who is wondering) Once I got them off, I used acetone to get all the paint off of the bedges, scuffed them up with some sandpaper, and gave them like 3-4 coats. I purchesed some 2 sided 3M Tape from Autozone and put them back on. The pins line them up so you dont have to worry about them being crooked.

Looks great.

Would love to know if anyone ever did their back Ford Emblem with this stuff?? You really cant beat this mod for less than $10.00. Thank you.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by MmmBuckles
anyone know if this stuff will stick to fiberglass? like the inside of a camper top
Yes

Originally Posted by bigrook99
My badges look awesome. I actually took them off though cause I cant paint worth a carp and did not want to screw up my paint.

I heated them up with a hair drier and just pulled them off. (There is 2 pins behind them for anyone who is wondering) Once I got them off, I used acetone to get all the paint off of the bedges, scuffed them up with some sandpaper, and gave them like 3-4 coats. I purchesed some 2 sided 3M Tape from Autozone and put them back on. The pins line them up so you dont have to worry about them being crooked.

Looks great.

Would love to know if anyone ever did their back Ford Emblem with this stuff?? You really cant beat this mod for less than $10.00. Thank you.
Yes it will work on your rear badges. Post some pics up so we can see the good work

Old 03-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Looks great.

tunaslayer has, not sure if he is on this forum but he did it and it looks way good

Old 03-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Bryce Martinez
tunaslayer has, not sure if he is on this forum but he did it and it looks way good
Meaning, he did the rear Blue Ford Emblem with this stuff??

Do you know how it was prepped??

Also, will it come off like the other badges??? Just a couple pins and 2 sided tape?

Thanks in advance!!!

(I will take some good pics this weekend - something other than my phone)

Old 03-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Meaning, he did the rear Blue Ford Emblem with this stuff??

Do you know how it was prepped??

Also, will it come off like the other badges??? Just a couple pins and 2 sided tape?

Thanks in advance!!!

(I will take some good pics this weekend - something other than my phone)
you can find him here TUNASLAYER BUILD THREAD

Old 03-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Anyoneknow how well herculiner works? Im thinking about tearing my bed liner out this week and putting that in. And im wanting to clean up underneath and paint everything black. Should i just use regular flat black paint, and heat paint on the stuff that gets hot?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I have heard it works good but ive heard it works better if you spray it on go to harbor freight and get a $20 spray gun you can throw away when you are done

Old 03-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bryce Martinez
you can find him here TUNASLAYER BUILD THREAD

Did all my badges and the Ford Emblem on the back today. Im thinking I may hit my grill with it!!! Just wondering how this stuff would hold up being on the front grill? Hmmm... what about wax? Heard it was BAD for it.

I guess I could use some tire dressing on it???

Quick Reply: Rustoleum Spray on Bed Liner/ Rockers and Bumpers Done!