short vid of LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
short vid of LEDs

I finally got a short vid of my truck @ night with the fourways on. Here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo3oVrI5hWs

Old 05-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks good

Old 05-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
If anyone runs into you while you're parked, they're blind! Nice lighting!

- Jack

Old 05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
where did you get your front amber led's

Old 05-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by eastcoastzigzag
where did you get your front amber led's
http://www.superlumination.com aka http://www.autolumination.com

Thanks for the compliments, I am not done experimenting with the ultimate setup though.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by j2h1
http://www.superlumination.com aka http://www.autolumination.com

Thanks for the compliments, I am not done experimenting with the ultimate setup though.
---can you tell me what bulb it is? or the number? I have not had any of my lights apart yet.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:55 AM
---can you tell me what bulb it is? or the number? I have not had any of my lights apart yet.
I buy all my bulbs (even reverse) as 3157. I then could use it in something else if I wanted. the front map lights and front corner lamps (not the front blinkers) are all 194 and the festoon in the extended cab is 44mm or 1 3/4 long replaces "I think" our number 578 (which for some reason is a ridgid loop bulb?).

Old 05-06-2008, 10:03 AM
I buy all my bulbs (even reverse) as 3157. I then could use it in something else if I wanted. the front map lights and front corner lamps (not the front blinkers) are all 194 and the festoon in the extended cab is 44mm or 1 3/4 long replaces "I think" our number 578 (which for some reason is a ridgid loop bulb?).

thanks for the numbers!

one more question.......

did you need a resistor for the led fronts?

I purchased a set of led back up bulbs, if so, will i need one for the rears?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, if you have LED's acting as turn signals, you must have a resistor on that side. I put LED's in my front and rears so I have a total of four (4) resistors wired into my connectors. It would've been easier to buy a LED flasher module to replace your stock flasher module, but I didn't want to wait a whole week for one to arrive.

And if I'm reading this correct, you purchased 3156 White LED's for the reverse lights? You do not need resistors unless they blink such as directionals. Reverse and brake lights are fine. The only problem is when you engage the directionals.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

^^^ Use that if you want to do what j2h1 and I are doing and replace all of our lights with LEDs

Some popular LED sites:

www.oznium.com (AWESOME customer support!)
www.v-leds.com (outrageously expensive, but great quality)
www.autolumination.com
www.google.com
www.ebay.com for the best deals

Last edited by Raptor05121; 05-06-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Yes, if you have LED's acting as turn signals, you must have a resistor on that side. I put LED's in my front and rears so I have a total of four (4) resistors wired into my connectors. It would've been easier to buy a LED flasher module to replace your stock flasher module, but I didn't want to wait a whole week for one to arrive.

And if I'm reading this correct, you purchased 3156 White LED's for the reverse lights? You do not need resistors unless they blink such as directionals. Reverse and brake lights are fine. The only problem is when you engage the directionals.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

^^^ Use that if you want to do what j2h1 and I are doing and replace all of our lights with LEDs

Some popular LED sites:

www.oznium.com (AWESOME customer support!)
www.v-leds.com (outrageously expensive, but great quality)
www.autolumination.com
www.google.com
www.ebay.com for the best deals
-----gold star of the day for you sir

Old 05-06-2008, 10:54 AM
thanks for the numbers!

one more question.......

did you need a resistor for the led fronts?

I purchased a set of led back up bulbs, if so, will i need one for the rears?
A resistor? As far as I know they have them built in to the housing. If you are thinking about a equalizer or flasher, yes, you will need for the turns to blink normal. I have a flasher but I might be going back to the equalizer (as I cringe). The flasher number @ autolumination is the EP27. Pull your flasher to check the pins and compare before buying your though, there could be a difference?.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:11 AM
A resistor? As far as I know they have them built in to the housing. If you are thinking about a equalizer or flasher, yes, you will need for the turns to blink normal. I have a flasher but I might be going back to the equalizer (as I cringe). The flasher number @ autolumination is the EP27. Pull your flasher to check the pins and compare before buying your though, there could be a difference?.

----and another one , overachiever

i found the bulbs i want now the flasher...i am doing an HID mod as soon as they arrive. id love to pull the lights all at once. soon as im out of the shirt and tie for the day, the hood goes up.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:14 PM
So how bout' those 194's. I didn't think you could use those for the sidemarker lights in the headlight housing due to heat?

Old 05-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Nice setup i want the fire and ice bar and the big rig lights. i just done like the amber or red lights does any one know if the Line of fire comes in any other color and the big rig lights aswell no disrespect just dont really like the color. Sorry to thread jack

Old 05-16-2008, 06:40 PM
OK, dumb question on color...

For the brake lights/rear blinkers, are you supposed to buy white or red LEDs? Since they are behind the red lense, I would think the white LEDs would put off more light and still show red to the cars behind you (also, the stock bulbs are clear). Is this correct?

Also, just to be sure I am getting what I need, to make it all work, I will need two bulbs in the rear for the brake lights, two amber in the front for the blinkers, and 1 LED compatible flasher. Does that sound right?

Lastly, I already have a line of fire LED strip under the tailgate that flashes with the blinkers. I assume that whatever flasher I buy will also flash that correctly so everything is in sync? (I'm guessing yes since the same flasher runs everything).

Thanks for the help!!

Quick Reply: short vid of LEDs