Emergency Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MmmBuckles
i am fully aware of the laws against them. in texas it is a class d felony if you are caught using them. mine cannot be seen because its just a relay switch that makes it lights flash back and forth.its a little box under my dash. its not like a huge lightbar on my roof. i bought them strictly for off road use for when me and my friends are out 4wheelin. i dont have to worry about wrecks being my fault since i never use them on the road.and since you cant tell i have them unless you break apart my headlights.
There is no such thing as a "class d felony" in Texas, so apparently you aren't fully aware. It's a third degree felony which can land you up to 10 years in jail and a $10,000 fine. As long as you have fun with you lights though...

Old 01-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Now a year later I'm a VFF with a station down the street. I'm running POV with 4 white strobe heads, and two hidden red LED bars under my grille. i'd be VERY interested to see what you are running wd. i have my switches mounted to a homemade panel sitting on the din above my cd player

Old 01-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Now a year later I'm a VFF with a station down the street. I'm running POV with 4 white strobe heads, and two hidden red LED bars under my grille. i'd be VERY interested to see what you are running wd. i have my switches mounted to a homemade panel sitting on the din above my cd player
Im pretty sure that we would have seen this set up from you? Dont make me get out the B.S. flag

Old 01-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by john1102
There is no such thing as a "class d felony" in Texas, so apparently you aren't fully aware. It's a third degree felony which can land you up to 10 years in jail and a $10,000 fine. As long as you have fun with you lights though...
well for one this thread is like 2 years old. i am fully aware of the law.
§ 37.11. IMPERSONATING PUBLIC SERVANT. (a) A person commits an offense if he:
(1) impersonates a public servant with intent to
induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to rely on his pretended official acts; or
(2) knowingly purports to exercise any function of a
public servant or of a public office, including that of a judge and court, and the position or office through which he purports to exercise a function of a public servant or public office has no lawful existence under the constitution or laws of this state or of the United States.
(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the third
degree.

i dont think i have even turned those things on since this thread was started. they arent even in my headlights anymore. i took them out when i did the HIDs.
but thanks for sharing the law with me

Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by MmmBuckles
well for one this thread is like 2 years old. i am fully aware of the law.
§ 37.11. IMPERSONATING PUBLIC SERVANT. (a) A person commits an offense if he:
(1) impersonates a public servant with intent to
induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to rely on his pretended official acts; or
(2) knowingly purports to exercise any function of a
public servant or of a public office, including that of a judge and court, and the position or office through which he purports to exercise a function of a public servant or public office has no lawful existence under the constitution or laws of this state or of the United States.
(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the third
degree.

i dont think i have even turned those things on since this thread was started. they arent even in my headlights anymore. i took them out when i did the HIDs.
but thanks for sharing the law with me
There still isn't a Clas D Felony.... but anyways

Old 01-20-2009, 09:01 PM

alright.. i'm actually still waiting for my gall dern siren to show up and finishing the wiring.. i have all the lights mounted though. I will take pics when I finish the install. i think it looks pretty slick personally. My dang bar makes hellish wind noise but i think it's cause my dang 2wd truck nose dives like any other 2wd.. so im gonna level it out and that should make the wind go straight around the bar rather than hitting the top of it.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:15 PM
i know this thread is old but if any of yall do have some lights or strobes or wigwags u wanna get rid of let me kno....and yes im a firefighter...fulltime North Augusta, SC

Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Check these out. Portable - plug into the 12v power outlet and you can change lens colors from emergency to non emergency ambers or whites. Mount via suction cup, visor or hard wire.

http://www.yourhotcar.com/prod/ADS/P...ght_Visor/259/

And legality can be an issue. Believe it or not I have a golf cart with a blue rotating beacon light. I use it here at the private airport where I live. Anything that moves near the runway must have a rotating light for safety. I chose blue cause the cart is painted in a yellow and blue theme.

I took the cart to a hot air balloon event in SC last year to ride around on the field. On my way to a 5am pilot briefing on a stret closed to traffic I was stopped - and told very seriously that if the "Chief" had seen me I would have been ticketed. I was told it was against the law for anyone other than law enforcement to have a blue light on a vehicle in SC.

But a golf cart at 5am???? So be careful.

Last edited by Smokin Lariat; 01-20-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-21-2009, 09:26 AM
that is very true im surprised u werent ticketed....he must have been in a good mood and u must have been nice about it...haha

Old 01-21-2009, 04:20 PM

Still looking for a siren, but I just won a red/red dash strobe kit on ebay for $50

Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM
The sheer ignorance and outright disrespect for emegency lights in POVs is appaling when you read threads like this. Using them to scare friends off the road? I hope you are caught, ticketed and fined like there is no tomorrow. People who have these lights and abuse them make it that much harder for those of us who have them for a good reason.

Grow up already.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still looking for a siren, but I just won a red/red dash strobe kit on ebay for $50
What are you responding to that you need this large amount of lights for?

...oh wait...

You can't legally drive with lights and sirens.

So why are you installing this large amount of lights?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
What are you responding to that you need this large amount of lights for?

...oh wait...

You can't legally drive with lights and sirens.

So why are you installing this large amount of lights?
a simple 2-way dash light is a "large amount"? im not going "undercover" crazy here, a dash light and siren is all VFF can run as POV.

im prepping for when i can. already signed up for EVOC, First Res., CPR and a extracation class. ill have all those under my belt in a matter of months, perfectly on time for my 18th b-day.

as for the lights, i found a cheap kit for the right price at the right time, so i pounced. believe it or not, i have matured a bit and im not going to go down the highway doing 100 mph playing cops and robbers...

Old 01-22-2009, 08:47 PM
a simple 2-way dash light is a "large amount"? im not going "undercover" crazy here, a dash light and siren is all VFF can run as POV.

im prepping for when i can. already signed up for EVOC, First Res., CPR and a extracation class. ill have all those under my belt in a matter of months, perfectly on time for my 18th b-day.

as for the lights, i found a cheap kit for the right price at the right time, so i pounced. believe it or not, i have matured a bit and im not going to go down the highway doing 100 mph playing cops and robbers...
Good for you but you do know that the state of florida will not hire you until age 21 and some countys wont hire till 25 for insurance purposes.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by GTRider245
The sheer ignorance and outright disrespect for emegency lights in POVs is appaling when you read threads like this. Using them to scare friends off the road? I hope you are caught, ticketed and fined like there is no tomorrow. People who have these lights and abuse them make it that much harder for those of us who have them for a good reason.

Grow up already.
who said anyone was using them to scare friends "off the road"?

Quick Reply: Emergency Lights