fx-r 3 retro

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fx-r 3 retro

hello! let me start by saying i have learned alot from you guys, i pulled the trigger on my projector project today, and jumped in feet first, i will say i should of gone the easier route but ohh well!! so i do have a question or 2 for the master guru's here.1)will i have any problems with stock driving/fogs when switching to low/high beam.2)do the xbleds that came with the kit go in front or behind the apollo shroud? i will post some pics if requested,but i know it's already been done so it's nothing new to you guys. thanks!!

Old 11-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. You shouldn't the relay harness does everything you need it to. I had to swap two pins that connect to my regular 9007 harness because when going to high beams the solenoid wouldn't activate.
2. Usually the rings go inside the shrouds.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:26 AM
ok thanks! thats what i was hoping,i thought i had read a post about someones high sticking on before, when tryin to switch back to low beam because of stock fog lights.also wasn't sure about the xbled postition because there was no size given for them in the kit,looks like they ranged from 60-100 mm.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Depending on year oh vehicle you might have to do a fog light mod. I know 04-08 you have to rewire something but not certain what or how.
Usually when you buy the kit and get the shrouds with it they give you the right sized xbaled rings.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by thelariat02
Depending on year oh vehicle you might have to do a fog light mod. I know 04-08 you have to rewire something but not certain what or how.
Usually when you buy the kit and get the shrouds with it they give you the right sized xbaled rings.
Y'all lookin' fer this'n?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ot...mbi-links.html

BTW - on shrouds - if'n yall look at the shrouds section on da TRS website it gives ye all the specs - includin' diameter o' halos that be a'fittin' proper an' sich in yer dee-zired shroud dujour.

MGD

Old 12-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Yes! I knew you had it, I remember a thread from a year or so ago where you brought that up to a poor pnp'er

Old 12-01-2013, 08:47 PM
yes that was it,looks easy enough to me.know i have to figure out if i can prevent the lights from coming on when using fob to lock/unlock truck.maybe a delayed relay?

Old 12-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jim Benson
yes that was it,looks easy enough to me.know i have to figure out if i can prevent the lights from coming on when using fob to lock/unlock truck.maybe a delayed relay?
Hi.

No - that's perimeter lighting. Defeat instructions are in yer Owner's manual.

Or here https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...ight=perimeter

MGD

Old 12-28-2013, 09:10 AM
oh man! getting started on my retro finally. 270 for 7 minutes worked great,painted shroud with krylon fusion(patriotic blue).so far doing ok not sure about stock headlight pattern,didn't really see a cutoff. i guess i will line the cutoff on the bright center spot of stock light,any advice?

Old 12-28-2013, 09:24 AM
oh man! getting started on my retro finally. 270 for 7 minutes worked great,painted shroud with krylon fusion(patriotic blue).so far doing ok not sure about stock headlight pattern,didn't really see a cutoff. i guess i will line the cutoff on the bright center spot of stock light,any advice?

Hi.

There is a cutoff - I reckon you were not far enough from the aiming surface.

Try this:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...HID-headlights

And see this:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pdf...ght_Aiming.pdf

And this:

And this:

Last edited by MGDfan; 12-28-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:38 AM
i will post some pics if requested. Thanks!!!
Hi.

Okay I'm requesting

Ye makin' this into a career?

And - yer selcome.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:23 AM
hello all,sorry no pics yet.still working on my reflector,i used a 2 1/2 hole saw (nice hole for starters) but the hole is starting to resemble a key hole as i sand it down on the bottom.the fxr definitely take alot of of space to make it work.the solenoid still won't sit flush,so i guess i will take more off the top of the bowl.just tryin to keep the light centered and not to far back.there is not alot of room behind the headlight area to play with.i will take pics today and post them later.(taking my time in between jobs at work)
if i can figure out how to post pics

Old 01-06-2014, 10:52 AM
hello all,sorry no pics yet.still working on my reflector,i used a 2 1/2 hole saw (nice hole for starters) but the hole is starting to resemble a key hole as i sand it down on the bottom.the fxr definitely take alot of of space to make it work.the solenoid still won't sit flush,so i guess i will take more off the top of the bowl.just tryin to keep the light centered and not to far back.there is not alot of room behind the headlight area to play with.i will take pics today and post them later.(taking my time in between jobs at work)
if i can figure out how to post pics
Should'a just used a 3" hole saw - one operation, one hole - fits perfect: https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...highlight=hole

As fer pics - here's how: https://www.f150online.com/forums/qu...-pictures.html

Y'all may have figgered out by now that je's aboot ever'thankg can be found vis Advanced Seach. Recommend y'all start to learn how to use it - If ah kicks da bukket tamorry, I reckon yer phooked

MGD

Old 01-06-2014, 11:06 AM
i have a 3' it was to big,but i could try it if you think it will work,i'm working on the pics subject right now thanks! see if this works (practice shroud)

Last edited by Jim Benson; 01-06-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:14 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

i have a 3' it was to big,but i could try it if you think it will work,i'm working on the pics subject right now thanks! see if this works (practice shroud)
^^^ ^^^

Poor feller...must be doin' it wrong!

I kid, I kid! Lol. Seriously, though...3" will work jist fine.

Good start on the shroud, too!

Quick Reply: fx-r 3 retro