2009 - 2014 F-150

Ordered 7" Video-Radio-GPS "oem look"

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and copy the bb code it already has the (img)

Old 10-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Did you know you were getting the gloss black finish because the eBay posting shows a different finish? I like the one you received.

I just changed out my XLT center stack with one from the FX4; it's not difficult to do and most of the wiring connections plug right back in. But still interested in how yours works out as I am considering doing the same thing.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Wow looks great

Old 10-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Desert,
If you click on the link below the pic of the HU in the very first post it will direct you to 'Aliexpress' (not ebay). There you will see more details and pics of this product in gloss black. The sellers posting was updated shortly after this thread was initiated here. I also emailed the seller to confirm it was gloss black prior to ordering.

You can order this same HU directly from the sellers own website for less $ (that's what I did).

Here is the link:
http://www.hkhonda.com/index.php?rou...product_id=236

Old 10-20-2011, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Formula jg
Desert,
If you click on the link below the pic of the HU in the very first post it will direct you to 'Aliexpress' (not ebay). There you will see more details and pics of this product in gloss black. The sellers posting was updated shortly after this thread was initiated here. I also emailed the seller to confirm it was gloss black prior to ordering.

You can order this same HU directly from the sellers own website for less $ (that's what I did).

Here is the link:
http://www.hkhonda.com/index.php?rou...product_id=236

Great...thanks Formula!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:42 PM
subscribing, can wait to see the fit and finish and to know if everything still works like factory, bluetooth,steering wheel controls,usb,sync,ect.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 PM
I see in the specs

An input (1 video, 2 audio), An output (1 video, 4 audio)

Does that mean I can put my two amps on this thing ???

Originally Posted by rcherry11
subscribing, can wait to see the fit and finish and to know if everything still works like factory, bluetooth,steering wheel controls,usb,sync,ect.
This!

Last edited by STRICTLY STANGS; 10-21-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: just do eet
Old 10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Strictly,

Unfortunately I know absolutely nada about amps (except that they increase audio volumn) and will not be installing one in this application so I can not answer your question.

I really want to get this installed but am waiting on a friend to help me out. He's a great mechanic but has many personal issues going on so this could be a long wait.

Some of you are anticipating my feedback hopefully sooner rather than later so after resourcing somemore info I think I could do the install myself with some guidance from F150online Forum members.

I watched a couple of how to videos for removing the HU and I think I can handle that part of it. The main concern is where to connect the 5 wires that come with one of the harnesses (pink, yellow, blue, blk, brown). They are labeled but I don't have them with me right now so I can't tell you how they are exactly marked but I believe it's the following:

12V
Ground
reverse
video
TV-'cont'

If someone can tell me which OEM wires to splice into for each of the above and approx. where to find them behind the dash or in the sill plate that would be a good start.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:15 AM
go to any shop that instals stereos and get your self an adaptor that plugs into the factory connector and then has the wires you need on the other end. like this
http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/246

Old 10-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Old 10-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Can someone take a look at my pics in post #41 and tell me if the OEM harnesses would just plug into the rear of this new system?
If so, then would that eliminate the need for those Scosche harnesses?
And if that is the case I still need to know where to splice into for the pnk, yel, br, blk and blu wires that are part of a harness that comes with this package.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:16 PM
it looks like it mite i cant tell u for sure. as for the other one it depends what its for. from what i can tell it looks like its for the back up camera. you might just be able to plug and play your's if not you'll have to splice into that circuit. you'r just going to have to pull the old one out and see whats going to work and what not and go from there. it's what comes with installing a custom stereo.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Corrections to the wire labelling I noted in my post #53:

ground - black
brake - pink
reverse - blue
+12V out - yellow
TV cont -brown

Any idea why I would need to connect the pink "brake" wire and where can I find the OEM brake wire to splice into?

On the same harness as the above wires that came with this unit are 6 RCA female connectors as follows:

TV -red/yellow/white
CCD video in - yellow
Video out 1 -yellow
Video out 2 -yellow

I will be connecting a digital TV tuner to the red/yellow/white.

I presume I need to locate the OEM wires that run from the factory backup camera to the monitor in the mirror so that I can splice into those. Is it ok to cut the female end of a regular RCA video cable and splice it to the OEM video wires, then just run the male end of the same RCA cable into the Video In cable noted above?

Got no clue what the two 'Video Out' cables are for.

Forgive me for these elementary questions and don't hesitate to explain anything like I'm a 5 year old I won't be offended.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Pretty sure video outs are for ur rear headrests.. the pink is probably the safety circuit ppl usually bypass on the name brand stereos. Its there so u won't watch dvds while ur driving(my best guess).

Old 10-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Yes you can splice in to your stock rear camera. You will need to splice a video coax end to go to the ccd in for it to work.

Yes the pink ties into the parking brake wire so that you can only watch video when the truck is parked. This is a safety feature but most can be bypassed, mine is a Kenwood and all I had to do was ground that pink wire for it to work while moving.

The reverse wire is so that when you put your truck into reverse the screen will automatically change to the camera, this wire needs to be spliced into the reverse wire in the truck.

The extra two video outputs are for other monitors in the truck, if you add headrest monitors, you run the RCA's from the HU to them and you can play dvd's on the HU and they will display on the rear monitors.

Quick Reply: Ordered 7" Video-Radio-GPS "oem look"