2009 - 2014 F-150

Ordered 7" Video-Radio-GPS "oem look"

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can not tell from photo, but are you happy with the over all fit and finish of the product?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dasher,
See my post #87 last pic bottom line.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Formula jg
dasher,
See my post #87 last pic bottom line.
darn! did not see that. thx

Old 11-08-2011, 11:07 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR - 2011

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Formula jg
8. Install completed with GPS screen shot.
that's the exact map screen/interface that my Eclipse Nav unit shows in the Lightning. Does it only show the time after you go into nav mode?

Old 11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Received mine about a week after ordering. Once box was
opened, I could see the finish was that gloss'ier black, as
shown by Formulas post.

That's absolutly not what was pictured in my first thread.
They had me return the HU to them on their dime.

Supposebly, they are tracking down the unit pictured in
my opening thread. The black as shipped....not even close
in matching the OEM finish. I'm not looking to make mine look
like an aftermarket affair.

Glad to see Formula's installation worked good. It looks great !!!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
SLW,
I'm still not that familiar with everthing but I believe the time is shown on most of the various screens.

I have a head scratcher that is bugging me maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

As I stated in my install I supplied 12V power from fuse 41 (accessory radio delay) however to my disappointment the HU would turn off as soon as the ignition key is turn off (it should remain on for 10 minutes or when a door is opened). So in tracing the problem I discovered that the HU has 12V power from somewhere else other than fuse 41because when I pull out fuse 41 the HU continues to function (until I turn off ignition).

Am I chasing my tail with this or is there some way to redirect the 12V supply from wherever it is getting it now to #41 (the vendor of this HU can not help so hope one of you can)?

Old 11-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Man Formula it looks really good installed. That gloss black flows great with the stock trim and everything fits together like it came that way from the factory. Did you ever figure out a way to run your Sirius radio off it?

Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Another question. Does the top display still operate at all, or has it become a shiney storage bin. I have become very curious about this system, since I am ready to take a claw hammer to my Sync module.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Can anybody advise if this unit displays traffic conditions. I know there are a lot of units that use FM to pick up local traffic and display real time conditions color coded.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Milt,
As far a the Sirius I think one of these is gonna work:

http://www.tss-radio.com/products/is...ury-vehicles-1

or

http://www.tss-radio.com/products/si...cle-tuner-scc1

Maybe someone here can help me determine which will work (hopefully the 2nd one, its a much cheaper setup).

Club,
The top OEM display everything as normal except clock and my oem factory Sirius of course.

Total,
I can't answer yes or no for the traffic display on the nav because I am still learning everthing as I go. Will let you know if I come across it.

Last edited by Formula jg; 11-10-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Hmmmm I really can't tell which one of those would work. I did see a contact email though. I'd try emailing them and they could probably tell you which one you need. If you end up getting your sirius to work I might just end up doing this. Keep us posted on functionality and performance.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Milt,
I called the and went through my setup the guy tells the first package (ending in code SCC1) will work. An hour later I call back. Why you ask?
I wanted a 2nd opinion from the same place. Sure enough the second rep tells me it will not work and that I would need an external Sirius radio. I haven't given up though.

Chillcat,
Just want to thank you for allowing me to post so much in this thread you start.

I've been meaning to ask if anyone knows what the black harness on the left is for? The wht. harness on right plugs into the 3 gang - air bag disable/hazzard/trac control buttons at the top of the HU.

Last edited by Formula jg; 11-10-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:00 PM
totalshow99,
This HU does support traffic message channel (TMC).

In my previous post #61 I described wanting to supply power to the HU with the use of a double fuse holder at #41 (accessory radio delay). I did this but later discovered that the HU had power even after I pulled out the double fuse at #41.

So for anyone thinking of getting this HU note that it does not require a separate dedicated 12V power supply. I'm guessing it receives power from one of the oem harnesses that plug right into the back of this unit. This is great except that I can't figure out how to make it work with the accessory delay so that it remains on for 10 minutes after the ignition is switched off.

Really silly question but I gotta ask.
Is it possible that I damaged the accessory radio delay relay or something by taking the 12V "OUT" yellow wire at the rear of the new HU and running it to the double fuse holder that I plugged into fuse #41 (I ran it this way for a few days till I figured out my mistake) and that why it won't remain on after the engine is turned off?

Also, Sync has been working just like it was prior to this HU install, no issues there so far.

Managed to get my hands on a complete user manual for the nav system so if anyone wants a PDF version send me you email address.

Last edited by Formula jg; 11-14-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:11 PM
This looks like a good deal, so it seems like this is a pretty strait forward plug and play. Do all sync features work properly with this?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 PM
So far the Sync features I've used have worked as they did with the factory radio.

Interesting thing is that the same Sync data which is on the OEM LCD display above the HU is also on the 7" monitor. I'm wondering if a Sirius tuner box can be plugged into the Sync AUX input so channels can be viewed on the LCD ( and possibly on the monitor as well)?

Quick Reply: Ordered 7" Video-Radio-GPS "oem look"