2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Would you order the tailgate step for your new truck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find the step very useful. Was on the pickup that I test drove and bought, I think it's a keeper.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:25 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR - 2011

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I did not opt for one on the Lariat that I ordered but the KR that I bought off the lot came with one. I use it every time I get in the bed

Old 07-20-2011, 08:29 PM
LOL^^^ your trucks lowered! you need a step? would you by chance be a midget? lol

no but seriously im only 25 and i got it on my truck and i love it. when i got my hands full i walk right up the step to load the bed. awesome product

Old 07-25-2011, 10:10 AM
I ordered the tailgate step on my truck because my wife asked me to (she's alot shorter then I). At 6'2" I rarely need a step up for most things but the other day we were out diving at the lake in cold water and I had to get into the bed of the truck to grab some gear while wearing my heavy duty cold water wetsuit and that step came in handy, real handy. haven't used it for anything else myself but hey, why not right?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:11 AM
It's interesting to see the progression of this thread.

From the early days when the "man-step" was a novelty, initial responders where ballyhooing about how their "manhood" was in jeopardy if they were seen with these "physical assistance" facilitators (never mind that a foot step is built into the bumper, or aftermarket foot steps abound aplenty); which begs the question: are these "men" really that insecure about their "man-liness" that they would actually forgo an obviously useful feature based solely on perceived peer pressure?

I have to question their so called "manly" courage to begin with if they are very easily cowed and sensitive to other's opinions.

If if they were REAL men, then they should be ordering regular cab XL's (any passengers more than 1 gets to ride in the bed) with 8 foot beds, no side step bars, manual windows, manual door locks and don't you dare turn on that A/C!

If you don't like the tail-gate step because you don't like it (potential rattling, interferes with bed loading, potential leakage when used with certain tonneau covers and shells, etc.), then that's just fine and dandy.

Quick Reply: Would you order the tailgate step for your new truck?